Windows 10: How to set default app for file type jpg

Discus and support How to set default app for file type jpg in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DaleEltoft, Feb 15, 2022.

1. How to set default app for file type jpg

I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does not appear in the list and therefore I cannot choose a default. When I Open a jpg file it opens in the Photo app. If I look at the Photo app's settings of default file types, jpg is not there.Ditto for file type png.How can I access the default setting for these and other "hidden" types?

:)

DaleEltoft, Feb 15, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

How to set default app for file type jpg [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

How to set default app for file type jpg [​IMG]

3. setting default app by file type

How do you set the Kindle app to be defaulted to .mobi file type? I don't find the .mobi file type listed as a file type.

FloydYoung, Feb 15, 2022
  4. How to set default app for file type jpg

Set default app for .file type file

how to set default app for .file type file

we can right click on it and open with but set default option is not available.

Please suggest

NilimeshHalder, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

How to set default app for file type jpg

1. How to set default app for file type jpg - Similar Threads - set default app

2. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...
  3. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...
  4. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. JPG and JPEG file types cannot be associated or set with default app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPG and JPEG file types cannot be associated or set with default app: Hi,New HP Envy PC, Windows 11 pre-installed. When I use Open With to change the default app from Microsoft Photos to something else, there is no option to set a different app as the default file type.When I go into settings and try to associate JPG or JPEG, they do not come...
  6. JPG and JPEG file types cannot be associated or set with default app

JPG and JPEG file types cannot be associated or set with default app: Hi,New HP Envy PC, Windows 11 pre-installed. When I use Open With to change the default app from Microsoft Photos to something else, there is no option to set a different app as the default file type.When I go into settings and try to associate JPG or JPEG, they do not come...
  7. How to set default app for file type jpg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default app for file type jpg: I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does not appear in the list and therefore I cannot choose a default. When I Open a jpg file it opens in the Photo app. If I look...
  8. How to set the default for an app "by file type". desired type isn't offerred

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set the default for an app "by file type". desired type isn't offerred: I want to set kindle.exe as the default app for files with the type extension .acsm. That extension doesn't appear in the list of ones to choose from. How to do it?Any suggestions will be appreciated.SweetTasha...
  9. How to set the default for an app "by file type". desired type isn't offerred

How to set the default for an app "by file type". desired type isn't offerred: I want to set kindle.exe as the default app for files with the type extension .acsm. That extension doesn't appear in the list of ones to choose from. How to do it?Any suggestions will be appreciated.SweetTasha...
  10. Set default app for .file type file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set default app for .file type file: how to set default app for .file type file we can right click on it and open with but set default option is not available. Please suggest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-default-app-for-file-type-file/c449afd5-2eff-4f3b-8faf-8ce7ced50f30