Windows 10: How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 ...

Discus and support How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 ... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 to open up a .ani file? I've tried this way but I still end up with Choose... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Russ AKA Michael P, May 16, 2020.

1. How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 ...

How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 to open up a .ani file?

I've tried this way but I still end up with Choose an App from the Microsoft Storesee d

How can I set My Laptop to open it as either Animation Desk Classicor Animation Desk as a Default App?

a

How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 ... b06f96a0-9e96-47b7-87b9-df65cd3cd894?upload=true.jpg

b.

How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 ... aa8df28f-04eb-4ddf-8ca3-afb940c66d66?upload=true.jpg

c.

How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 ... d53945a6-cb1f-4b17-9245-51c10d9b6c45?upload=true.jpg

d.

How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 ... 7f6448af-9b71-4d29-a09c-18ef3939080d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Russ AKA Michael P, May 16, 2020

2. How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10.

Hello Des,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• On accessing which file type are you getting the above error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting methods performed to resolve the issue?
    • Did you check if the issue persists on assigning a default program/application to open the file type?

A default program is the program that Windows uses when you open a particular type of file, such as a music file, an image, or a webpage. For example, if you have more than one web browser installed on your computer, you can choose one of them to be
    the default browser.

You may be facing the above issue due to unassigned program or application to open that particular file type on the computer. Assigning the default program or application for the file types will help in ease of accessibility on launching the file.

Assign a default program to open the file type from Settings page by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Scroll the page down and click on Choose default apps by file type from the window.
    • Locate the file format from the window, click on the file and choose an application from
      Choose an App window as default file opener.
    • Close the window and check if you are able to open the file type in the set default application.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 16, 2020
  3. How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I should have said folders not files. I cannot open the folders to see inside.

Des

DesJackson, May 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 ...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2020
Thema:

How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 ...

1. How to set Default program/application to open the files in Windows 10 ... - Similar Threads - set Default program

2. Can't set default program opener for .stl files for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set default program opener for .stl files for Windows 11: Can't set default program opener for .stl files for Windows 11.There is not a check box to set as default and the files are not opened after click and .stl type is not in options.what can I do?...
  3. Can't set default program opener for .stl files for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set default program opener for .stl files for Windows 11: Can't set default program opener for .stl files for Windows 11.There is not a check box to set as default and the files are not opened after click and .stl type is not in options.what can I do?...
  4. Windows 10: Problems opening files via "Open with" menu, and with setting default programs...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Problems opening files via "Open with" menu, and with setting default programs...: Hello! I recently re-added two versions of Adobe Photoshop Elements PSE to my laptop, after having to reinstall Windows. I need both apps because each has features I use that the other doesn't have. Before the Windows reinstall, both apps had always automatically appeared...
  5. Setting default program by file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting default program by file type: I am trying to set programs by file type. In Settings, when I "select a default" I am presented with some Microsoft apps or "Look for an app in the Microsoft store." What I want is a "Browse" option so I can choose my own program that I've installed. Why is that not available...
  6. how to set default programs in Windows 10

how to set default programs in Windows 10: I know it is in the Control panel but I can't find it. How do I set a default web browser? And set default programs for other tasks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-default-programs-in-windows-10/79a68042-698f-4250-937c-9ce9fc44cbb0
  7. set file open with default

set file open with default: How do you set the default program to open a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-file-open-with-default/7037987b-12e8-4e04-ad36-983ae85bfd65
  8. Program windows default opening settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program windows default opening settings?: Seem to be getting new behaviour. Programs and folders are opening in a consistent central position and size. That persists however I then close and re-open. I'm pretty sure they used to re-appear wherever I last positioned them. I thought it might be down to...
  9. How do I add an app to the list of applications for setting file "open with" defaults

How do I add an app to the list of applications for setting file "open with" defaults: I just installed DesignCad on my Windows 10 PC which creates a file with the extension .dcd. I have used this program on other Windows PCs and have never had a problem opening these files from the file explorer. Now, I'm getting the message that Windows doesn't know which...
  10. How do I add an app to the list of applications for setting file "open with" defaults

How do I add an app to the list of applications for setting file "open with" defaults: I just installed DesignCad on my Windows 10 PC which creates a file with the extension .dcd. I have used this program on other Windows PCs and have never had a problem opening these files from the file explorer. Now, I'm getting the message that Windows doesn't know which...