Windows 10: How to set default save destination for “microsoft print to pdf”?

Discus and support How to set default save destination for “microsoft print to pdf”? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do i set default location everytime print to pdf is clicked? I do not want to have the save as prompt coming up as im trying to automate saving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kelvinloh2, Mar 23, 2020.

1. How to set default save destination for “microsoft print to pdf”?

How do i set default location everytime print to pdf is clicked? I do not want to have the save as prompt coming up as im trying to automate saving internet explorer webpage using powershell.

:)

kelvinloh2, Mar 23, 2020

2. Print to PDF destination file

how do you change the destination of the Print to PDF ? I know it defaults to the documents folder, but I want to change the destination to a easier location.

Can it be done or is it another "wish list" for future updates?

TimShapiro, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Win7 User Win User
    Destination Folder/File for MS Print to PDF

Right click on the Start button > Control Panel > Devices and Printers.

Right Click on 'Microsoft Print to PDF' printer.

Select Printer Properties.

Click the General tab

Click Change Properties
    Select the Ports Tab.

Check the FILE: ....Print to File box…..Microsoft Print to PDF

Click OK

Restart the computer

In the Edge Browser:

Click on the Print icon

Choose Microsoft Print to PDF from the Printer dropdown list

Click on Print

The Save Print Output As window opens:

Name the File

Navigate to and open the folder where the file is to be saved

Click Save

My observation is that the PDF is printer more rapidly and reliably than using Adobe Acrobat

Win7 User, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Win7 User Win User

How to set default save destination for “microsoft print to pdf”?

Destination Folder/File for MS Print to PDF

Right click on the Start button > Control Panel > Devices and Printers.

Right Click on 'Microsoft Print to PDF' printer.

Select Printer Properties.

Select the Ports Tab.

Check the FILE: ....Print to File box…..Microsoft Print to PDF

Click OK

Restart the computer

In the Edge Browser:

Click on the Print icon

Choose Microsoft Print to PDF from the Printer dropdown list

Click on Print

The Save Print Output As window opens:

Name the File

Navigate to and open the folder where the file is to be saved

Click Save

My observation is that the PDF is printer more rapidly and reliably than using Adobe Acrobat

Win7 User, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

How to set default save destination for “microsoft print to pdf”?

1. How to set default save destination for “microsoft print to pdf”? - Similar Threads - set default save

2. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working: "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not workingWhen I select "microsoft print to pdf" or "save as pdf" from various applications, that application hangs up and has to be aborted....
  3. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working: "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not workingWhen I select "microsoft print to pdf" or "save as pdf" from various applications, that application hangs up and has to be aborted....
  4. "save as pdf", "microsoft print to pdf" functions not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I change the destination / output of "Print to pdf" files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the destination / output of "Print to pdf" files ?: I installed my Win 11 last evening and so far, despite the usual learning issues, I'm glad I did so.I save a lot of stuff, however, as pdf files and I've noticed already that I am not offered a choice of output destination - everything seems to get sent to the boot drive and...
  6. How can I change the destination / output of "Print to pdf" files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the destination / output of "Print to pdf" files ?: I installed my Win 11 last evening and so far, despite the usual learning issues, I'm glad I did so.I save a lot of stuff, however, as pdf files and I've noticed already that I am not offered a choice of output destination - everything seems to get sent to the boot drive and...
  7. Can't save the Microsoft Print to PDF option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't save the Microsoft Print to PDF option: I'm attempting to save a file as a pdf but can't enable the Microsoft Print to PDF. I am able to check the box, but when I click OK, I get error code: 0x800F0922. Per recommendations that I've read online for this error code, I have tried temporarily disabling my firewall and...
  8. Microsoft Print to PDF saves the PDF files in landscape orientation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Print to PDF saves the PDF files in landscape orientation: When selecting multiple images to put together into a pdf in file explorer, I select print, select Microsoft print to pdf, then the image preview is rotated 90 degrees to a landscape orientation. An image, or scan that was in portrait orientation, is printed to a 90 degree...
  9. Printing/not saving PDF documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing/not saving PDF documents: I don't know what changed on my computer, but I can no longer just print PDF documents. It makes me save them first. I can't figure out how to correct this. Help!...
  10. Setting Default Save Destination for Files to Desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Default Save Destination for Files to Desktop in Windows 10: I wish there were some system-wide default. I like to save to Desktop. When you remove or move those folders, Windows asks to save to ThisPC or to Desktop by default, not sure now, still the Desktop shortcut is close by. You can also setup any startup directory for Windows...