Windows 10: How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS

Discus and support How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I do many file/folder searches in my work and the search result view is always CONTENT. I would like my default search view to always be DETAIL?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pacerdonfl, Sep 2, 2020.

1. How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS

I do many file/folder searches in my work and the search result view is always CONTENT.

I would like my default search view to always be DETAIL?

Windows 10 pro

Any help for this would be appreciated.

Thank you

:)

Pacerdonfl, Sep 2, 2020

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 2, 2020
  3. How to make details view default view for windows 10?

How do get rid of the icons and make detail view the default view on my windows 10 desktop? The following article suggests that using ctrl+shift+6 will do this, but I have been unsuccessful in getting this key sequence to work.

Set Details, Content or List view for Desktop icons in Windows 10

Is it possible to show details view only or not?

thanks for any help.

Paul

paulsutherland1, Sep 2, 2020
  4. How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS

Andre Da Costa, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS

1. How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS - Similar Threads - set default SEARCH

2. Default details when search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default details when search: Thanks for your response, please can you confirm that within Windows Explorer it is possible to change the default view for 'Search Results'? This is not related to Outlook. Your response above suggest that this is possible? ---- The question has been asked but not answered...
  3. How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?: As above, i want to view everything in my hard drive in file explorer as the 'details' setting in file explorer, i've searched google, but have found nothing that seems to work that well. submitted by /u/SaltyConnection [link] [comments]...
  4. search results to be in DETAILS view

in Windows 10 Support
    search results to be in DETAILS view: When I do a search, I want the results to be in DETAILS view instead of CONTENT view. How to make the change so that results always come up in details view? Win 10 165737
  5. file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default: Microsoft please add an option to make detail view the default on any preferred view in file explorer. It's distracting, annoying, and fatiguing to repeatedly have to switch back to detail view, the view i prefer....
  6. How can I set my folders to default to and/or be permanentlyin the "detailed" view?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I set my folders to default to and/or be permanentlyin the "detailed" view?: I've just done a fresh install of Windows 10 and all of my explorer settings as far as how I view my folders are gone. Of course, I expected this, but now now I can't seem to get anything the way I like it! I use the "details" view for pretty much everything and this evening...
  7. Windows Search - set default to details

in Cortana
    Windows Search - set default to details: We have a customer who wants their Windows Search results set to details by default. Outlook 365 The default is content for search results and the customer has to reset each time to Details. This can be managed by changing the registry but then is reset after Windows...
  8. Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View): When I do a search, I want the default view of the results to be the detailed view. How do I change the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-search-view-to-detail-view-not/8d2eb719-0ee7-466c-87c5-30878be8656f
  9. How to customize default search view ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to customize default search view ?: Hi everyone, So I already know how to customize de default view in the explorer for General Items, Documents, Pictures, Music, or Videos folders, but how to do the same for the search results ? Basically, if you customize the view for any search on the folder c:\toto,...
  10. How To Set A Default View Setting For A ".search-ms" Extension

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Set A Default View Setting For A ".search-ms" Extension: Hello, So I practically have most of my folders that contain all types of files set up for the Details view setting. (if you right click in a folder -> View -> Details) I set all those adjustments through the Folder Options window. Yet when I open a Saved Search File...