Windows 10: How to set default user, switch user, and remove a user for WSL

Discus and support How to set default user, switch user, and remove a user for WSL in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]WSL or Windows Subsystem for Linux is an essential component of Windows 10 and a boon for the developers who rely on any of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 12, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to set default user, switch user, and remove a user for WSL

WinClub, Jun 12, 2019

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    How to set default user, switch user, and remove a user for WSL 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 12, 2019
  4. How to set default user, switch user, and remove a user for WSL

Removing previous users OR changing default login user

Hi KaseyE,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following method and check if it works:

To remove or delete a Microsoft account, please follow these steps:

* Click Start,

* Navigate to Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account/> Family & other users.

* On the right pane click Add someone else to this PC
    under Other users.

* If you have another Microsoft account try to use that or else follow the steps to sign-up for new and switch with new Microsoft account.

* Sign-out from the old and Login with new Microsoft account.

Once you're sign-in with new User Profile, then go to Family & other users,
    select the User Profile which you need to remove, then Click
    Remove

NOTE: It is always recommended you to keep a backup of all your data before removing the account.

To remove or delete a user account, follow the steps given below:

• Right click on the Stat button and select the Control Panel.
    • Click on the User Accounts and Click on the Manage another account link.
    • If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.
    • Click on a user account which you want to delete.
    • Click on the Delete the account link.
    • Click on Delete Files or Keep Files for what you want to do with the user account's personal files.
    • Click on Delete Account to confirm.
    • When finished, you can close the Control Panel if you like.
    Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account. You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first. Be sure to always
    have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

How to set default user, switch user, and remove a user for WSL

1. How to set default user, switch user, and remove a user for WSL - Similar Threads - set default user

2. User's default picture REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User's default picture REMOVAL: I cannot remove the default user picture the anonimous blobs inside a circle on the login screen. I have tried all the suggested methods but none work. It worked in the past but not on the newer version of windows 11, even on a clean install with nothing else added....
  3. User's default picture REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User's default picture REMOVAL: I cannot remove the default user picture the anonimous blobs inside a circle on the login screen. I have tried all the suggested methods but none work. It worked in the past but not on the newer version of windows 11, even on a clean install with nothing else added....
  4. Switch user how

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user how: Can switch user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-how/161a3c11-7c55-4fdc-88ab-6cdf6c300926
  5. Switch user how

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user how: Can switch user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-how/161a3c11-7c55-4fdc-88ab-6cdf6c300926
  6. Switch user how

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?: Hello, I've added another user to my pc but I want my user to be on by default and show this screen anytime a logon is required (with the Switch User button): (not my picture) [ATTACH] Thanks, Harry...
  8. Is there a default for User Permission settings?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a default for User Permission settings?: As a less than knowledgeable computer user I stupidly changed my User "Permission Allow" check marks. I now get a "failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied." Of coarse I didn't write down what was originally checked off in the "Allow" box. Would there...
  9. Removing default user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing default user: I have obtained a 'legacy' computer with W10 on it. There is a single user in the configuration, and the computer is 'named' after that user, meaning that when I look at my router, or see the computer in my network neighborhood, I see this user's name. I'd like to add a new...
  10. User desktop and switching users

in Windows 10 Support
    User desktop and switching users: After upgrading from Win 7 64 to Win 10 64, whenever a different user logs into the computer the desktop gets screwed up for the original user. Both accounts are admin accounts; one has a password, the does not. Has anyone else seen this and does anyone know how to fix it?...