Windows 10: How to Set Desktop File Creation Order to Windows 7 Standard

Discus and support How to Set Desktop File Creation Order to Windows 7 Standard in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I've noticed that whenever I download a file to the desktop area, the new file gets arranged to the top left instead of lower right (this last one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SCreditIsCensorship, May 4, 2022.

1. How to Set Desktop File Creation Order to Windows 7 Standard

Hi! I've noticed that whenever I download a file to the desktop area, the new file gets arranged to the top left instead of lower right (this last one is how Windows 7 used to be).

Is there a registry file that I can alter in order to set the placement of new files back to what it used to be on Windows 7's desktop (lower right)?

And no, the context menu options don't work for that, they just work when you are seeing the desktop via Explorer folder.

submitted by /u/SCreditIsCensorship
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SCreditIsCensorship, May 4, 2022
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 4, 2022
  3. CDdude55 Win User
    Windows 7 ISO?

Thanks,

Yep this is a legit copy of Windows 7.*Wink How to Set Desktop File Creation Order to Windows 7 Standard ;)

CDdude55, May 4, 2022
  4. How to Set Desktop File Creation Order to Windows 7 Standard

Windows 10 Standard Calculator not using standard order of operations

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

This issue may arise if you are using Standard calculator.

Try the below steps:

• Open the Calculator through Start menu.

• Once you open, click on menu button (Three horizontal lines at top left corner).

• Select Scientific calculator.

• Now type 1+2*3, it will give the answer as 7.
    Note: There will be different way of operations integrated into Standard and Scientific calculators.

Hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 4, 2022
Thema:

How to Set Desktop File Creation Order to Windows 7 Standard

1. How to Set Desktop File Creation Order to Windows 7 Standard - Similar Threads - Set Desktop File

2. windows embedded standard 7 upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows embedded standard 7 upgrade ?: hello, I was able to put my hand on old computer from work, they were thrown to the trash, the hard drive were removed for security. But they still work and there are running on windows embedded standard 7, im not able to factory reset them due to the old admin restriction,...
  3. windows embedded standard 7 upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows embedded standard 7 upgrade ?: hello, I was able to put my hand on old computer from work, they were thrown to the trash, the hard drive were removed for security. But they still work and there are running on windows embedded standard 7, im not able to factory reset them due to the old admin restriction,...
  4. Windows 7 Standard Embedded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Standard Embedded: HiCan somebody let me know what is different between Windows 7 Standard Embedded V 4.x and version SP1?There is any way to make a Win7 SE working as V 4.x? Or can I get from somewhere this version V4.X? There is a software been used by Kuka as OS platform to install on it its...
  5. Windows 7 Standard Embedded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Standard Embedded: HiCan somebody let me know what is different between Windows 7 Standard Embedded V 4.x and version SP1?There is any way to make a Win7 SE working as V 4.x? Or can I get from somewhere this version V4.X? There is a software been used by Kuka as OS platform to install on it its...
  6. How to Set WiFi Preference Order?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Set WiFi Preference Order?: Hello, Back in the day Windows 7 had a nice option to set a priority order for WiFi networks and I could just rearrange that in GUI. Windows 10 misses that option. There is still a preference order but it cannot be altered in GUI it seems. Do you know a way? If not, can...
  7. How to Set WiFi Preference Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Set WiFi Preference Order?: Hello, Back in the day Windows 7 had a nice option to set a priority order for WiFi networks and I could just rearrange that in GUI. Windows 10 misses that option. There is still a preference order but it cannot be altered in GUI it seems. Do you know a way? If not, can...
  8. How to get your Photos selected for the standard set of desktop photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get your Photos selected for the standard set of desktop photos: I have a windows 10 laptop and whenever I start it up, the desktop shows one or the other classic photo of either a landscape or nature. This is shown by the system default and hence they must have selected a predefined list. My hobby is photography and I would like to...
  9. Order of desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Order of desktop icons?: I have my desktop icons on this new Win 10 PC set to sort by Name. But they are not! [img] Why is that? Is there something obvious that I'm missing? And, supposing they were all sorted exactly by name, does that mean you'd view them by column? IOW, say A-M in the...
  10. How to set default Sort Order for files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to set default Sort Order for files: Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to automatically set by default, the View/Sort Order. What I mean is, I don't want to keep opening up my file browser (Explorer), clicking on Name, then Type to sort them. Is there a way to have this automatically so it by default? I know...