Windows 10: How to set different display scaling level for multiple monitors in Windows 10

Discus and support How to set different display scaling level for multiple monitors in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Many users want to use different scaling levels for different monitor when using a dual monitor setup. If you are one of them and want […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 10, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to set different display scaling level for multiple monitors in Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 10, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Word Man Win User
    Best way to set monitor scaling

OK, sorry. I thought the whole idea of Option 1 in that tutorial was to allow you to select different scaling levels for individual monitors - 1 or 2 in your case. Are you not presented with 2 different displays to choose from so that you can choose which one you're changing the settings on, i.e., in the turorial: Option 1, Step 7, (sub-step) "2. Select display"?

Word Man, Feb 10, 2020
  4. How to set different display scaling level for multiple monitors in Windows 10

Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10  

SUCCESS!: My issue was with a Surface Pro4 running Windows 10 attached to an external LG Ultrawide monitor using a Display cable, and wanting to have different but compatible dpi on each monitor. I would have to turn off custom scaling and restart every time I booted my system -- essentially, having to double-boot every morning.

The custom scaling was always 'active' after a reboot, and it drove me buggy that I couldn't get it to retain my settings: 200% for the Surface Pro screen and 100% for the Ultrawide screen.

Setting individual scaling for each monitor in the Display Settings resulted in the following reg values: (step 6 in option one)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\PerMonitorSettings\HWP28283CQ9380TKP_26_07D9_EC^A3486C14FBE55CC655B47BB46FC3FEA1\DpiVa lue=0x00000001 (1)HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\PerMonitorSettings\SDC38530_00_07DF_FB^1C34A1C41AEEF3FF4889352510FEF621\DpiValue =0x00000000 (0)

The key to success was to change the following registry key (using Regedit) from '1' to '0' to disable the custom scaling and enable the per-monitor scaling:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Win8DpiScaling = 0x00000000 (0)

Now, my per-app settings are still occasionally screwy, as the apps do not properly scale their fonts in ways that are functionally adequate for Win10 and a Surface Pro4, but that's something that can be worked around on an individual basis.

pezalinski, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

How to set different display scaling level for multiple monitors in Windows 10

1. How to set different display scaling level for multiple monitors in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - set different display

2. Windows 11 - Snipping Tool issue with multiple monitors with different Scale Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Snipping Tool issue with multiple monitors with different Scale Settings: On Windows 11, if you have multiple monitors with different scale settings and resolutions, the snipping tool doesn't work properly. What happens is the smallest monitor's resolution determines what portion of the other monitors can be snipped. For example, I have three...
  3. Windows 11 - Snipping Tool issue with multiple monitors with different Scale Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Snipping Tool issue with multiple monitors with different Scale Settings: On Windows 11, if you have multiple monitors with different scale settings and resolutions, the snipping tool doesn't work properly. What happens is the smallest monitor's resolution determines what portion of the other monitors can be snipped. For example, I have three...
  4. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  5. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  6. Display scaling issue with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display scaling issue with multiple monitors: I'm using my Thinkpad x260 at 125% scaling, and have an external monitor at 100% scaling (both are FHD monitors). If I set the external monitor as the main display, all Windows notifications pop up at the 125% scaling on the external monitor, and are weirdly cut off (not just...
  7. Windows 10. Duplicate display, Different scale settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10. Duplicate display, Different scale settings?: I currently love the duplicate screen option for windows 10. I have a monitor, and a 1080p 55" screen above that that I use from my bed with a wireless keyboard and trackpad. The 100% text and app scaling looks great on my monitor, but too small on the tv. Is there any way I...
  8. Scaling with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling with multiple monitors: Hi there, I've got a 15 inch Dell laptop with 4K screen. Using the Dell docking station, I'm running 2 external monitors connected over DP ports (LG's 2560*1080 and Dell's 1920*1080) - both external screens run at their respective native resolutions in the extended desktop...
  9. Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10: How to: Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 How to Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10 Dots per inch (DPI) is the physical measurement of number of pixels in a linear inch of a display. DPI is a function of display resolution and size; a...
  10. Windows 10, different scaling level+ no blurry text?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, different scaling level+ no blurry text?: Hi, i'm (as many of you guys, as i can see on those forums) experiencing DPI-Awareness issues on my brand new laptop. I'm running windows 10 and thanks to those forums, i was able to partitialy fix it. All of those solutions, i could find here, worked for me (custom scaling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 multiple monitors set scaling to 100%

2. can i have different scaling on two monitors in windows 10

3. different scaling for different display

4. how to set duplicate monitor scaling