Windows 10: How to set email sync frequency on Win10 Mail App

Discus and support How to set email sync frequency on Win10 Mail App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First timer here saying hi to all! So I have the Mail App (build 16005.11231.20082.0) on Windows 10 (build 1809) and it is my default emailing app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChunGoh0306, Jan 24, 2019.

1. How to set email sync frequency on Win10 Mail App

First timer here saying hi to all! So I have the Mail App (build 16005.11231.20082.0) on Windows 10 (build 1809) and it is my default emailing app. This is not Outlook, just the Mail app.

However, I see that the app, although automatically detect emails, often lags behind to inform me of new emails, which is more noticeable when my phone notifies me almost immediately. I need to refresh and sync the mail app manually to receive new emails. Only if I can wait for a couple of hours... (you know I don't have that patience)

So how do I set the sync frequency of the Mail app to be like every half an hour or less? Will appreciate any suggestions.

Edit: Grammar

:)

ChunGoh0306, Jan 24, 2019

2. How to set email sync frequency on Win10 Mail App

First timer here saying hi to all! So I have the Mail App (build 16005.11231.20082.0) on Windows 10 (build 1809) and it is my default emailing app. This is not Outlook, just the Mail app.

However, I see that the app, although automatically detect emails, often lags behind to inform me of new emails, which is more noticeable when my phone notifies me almost immediately. I need to refresh and sync the mail app manually to receive new emails.
    Only if I can wait for a couple of hours... (you know I don't have that patience)

So how do I set the sync frequency of the Mail app to be like every half an hour or less? Will appreciate any suggestions.

Edit: Grammar

ChunGoh0306, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app not automatically syncing email.

The Windows 10 Mail App seems to be quite different from Windows Live Mail, Vista's Windows Mail, Outlook Express, etc. So far I've only set up Microsoft's Outlook [part of Office] on Windows 10 computers but have read of some difficulties using Win10 Mail, in particular Importing of older messages.

Berton, Dec 16, 2019
  4. How to set email sync frequency on Win10 Mail App

Win10 Mail App won't sync Outlook mail

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Did you make any changes to your Account recently?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    This problem may appear when mail app fails to sync with the email server. If a license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on your PC, the app might stop working.

Change the Sync Settings in the Mail App, follow the steps below to change mail app sync settings.

• On Search, click on “Mail” to open the Mail App.
    • Click on “Settings”.
    • Click on “Accounts”.
    • Click on your email account from the list of accounts.
    • Select the option “Email” under the section “Change mail box Sync settings”.
    Also refer the below link and check if that helps:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

How to set email sync frequency on Win10 Mail App

1. How to set email sync frequency on Win10 Mail App - Similar Threads - set email sync

2. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  3. Mail app won't sync emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app won't sync emails: I've just bought a new laptop and the Mail app downloads my emails initially but then won'tsync. I have two Gmail accounts and an Optus account. I get an error code 0X80072745 in the Optus account.Can anyone help?...
  4. Syncing email in Mail app

Syncing email in Mail app: Got a new computer Windows 10. Setting up email acccounts. Won't synch - says I have to very my identity. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-email-in-mail-app/22db2b4e-1bda-4efe-b1c2-a6cdf642bd60
  5. People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail

People App Not Saving Emails And Not Syncing With Mail: Hi, I have been trying to make a group contact in the people app but it won't save the emails. It creates the contact card but it won't save the emails to it. When I create it it says the emails are there but then they disappear when I search for it later. Tried making just...
  6. sync win10 Mail app with icloud email issues

sync win10 Mail app with icloud email issues: Dear Sir/Madam, I have two critical issues with the Mail app on my new surface laptop 3, and it has been weeks i'm suffering. I recently switch my working laptop from macbook to the latest surface laptop 3. the problem is i can never receive my emails on time, nor...
  7. Gmail account not syncing with win10 mail app

Gmail account not syncing with win10 mail app: I've tried this and resetting the app but emails from my Gmail account still do not sync. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-not-syncing-with-win10-mail-app/768bd4c9-f7fc-4e0d-b998-3419ee0b10c5
  8. sync aliyun mail in win10 mail app

sync aliyun mail in win10 mail app: How to sync aliyun mail successfully in window 10 mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-aliyun-mail-in-win10-mail-app/f75170db-6146-450a-bd31-d20b333a34b1
  9. syncing email address on mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    syncing email address on mail app: I managed to log in with the account but I was unable to sync my email address on Mail app with the error code 0x800700657. I tried to delete and re-setup the account, but it didn’t help....
  10. Mail App Download Frequency

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Download Frequency: I updated from 8.1 to 10 the other day. I noticed that when I go to the Mail App, my email is not coming in right away anymore. Bottom line - Why don't I have the option to Download As Mail Arrives anymore? 54778