Windows 10: How to set Folder type of ALL folders to General Items?

Discus and support How to set Folder type of ALL folders to General Items? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to be able to set the Folder type of ALL my folders to "General Items", including all subfolders and future subfolders.I don't want to have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidddddZZ, Sep 10, 2021.

1. How to set Folder type of ALL folders to General Items?

I want to be able to set the Folder type of ALL my folders to "General Items", including all subfolders and future subfolders.I don't want to have to go into every new folder I create and reset it manually each time.I don't like that if a folder has lots of audio files that Windows assumes I want it set to Music folder type. I don't. Ever. Is there a simple fix for this?

:)

DavidddddZZ, Sep 10, 2021
  2. DonnDon Win User

Download folder slow to load (already set to "General Items")

Hello PF75 ,

Don here, Windows 10 Independent Adviser. Have you tried setting the "Download Properties" of the download folder into "General items"?

If not, open up your file explorer then right click on the "Downloads" icon on the left hand side of the window. Click on "Properties" and then once a window opens up navigate to the "Customize" tab. Select "General items" from the "Optimize this folder for:"
    list and then click Ok. Re-open your file explorer and check to see if the Downloads folder is still loading slowly or not.

Let us know if this did not work so we could suggest other possible solutions.

DonnDon, Sep 10, 2021
  3. The folder type keeps resetting to "General Items"

I want to set the normal view type as "detailed" and pictures view type as "large". So I set all folders type I want to store picture to "picture" in the "customize" tab. However, after I clicked apply and ok the option is reverted to "general items".
    Any ideas?

AnhPhạm Quốc, Sep 10, 2021
  4. mrgeek Win User

How to set Folder type of ALL folders to General Items?

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

How to set Folder type of ALL folders to General Items?

1. How to set Folder type of ALL folders to General Items? - Similar Threads - set Folder type

2. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  3. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  4. My folders that are all MP3 files appear as General items instead of Music content, how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folders that are all MP3 files appear as General items instead of Music content, how to...: I'm familiar with Windows 10 and older recognizing folders that are all MP3 files as Music under Properties -> Customize tab. Windows used to do this automatically, but does not seem to do it any longer in Window 11. Folders appear as General items now. I see a lot of posts...
  5. My folders that are all MP3 files appear as General items instead of Music content, how to...

My folders that are all MP3 files appear as General items instead of Music content, how to...: I'm familiar with Windows 10 and older recognizing folders that are all MP3 files as Music under Properties -> Customize tab. Windows used to do this automatically, but does not seem to do it any longer in Window 11. Folders appear as General items now. I see a lot of posts...
  6. how to set Windows 11 to permanently display folder contents for general items ?

how to set Windows 11 to permanently display folder contents for general items ?: Hello, I would like to permanently set all folders on my computer to display general items, for example I don't want to see the artist for audio files, but the size etc. Is this possible ? Thank you for your answers. Martin...
  7. how to set Windows 11 to permanently display folder contents for general items ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set Windows 11 to permanently display folder contents for general items ?: Hello, I would like to permanently set all folders on my computer to display general items, for example I don't want to see the artist for audio files, but the size etc. Is this possible ? Thank you for your answers. Martin...
  8. Is there a way to force all folders to display in Details + General Items modes by default...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to force all folders to display in Details + General Items modes by default...: ^ submitted by /u/d7856852 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jorm5l/is_there_a_way_to_force_all_folders_to_display_in/
  9. Download folder slow to load (already set to "General Items")

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder slow to load (already set to "General Items"): Hi, Does anyone know how to fix slow loading time for the Download folder in Explorer in Windows 10? I have followed the standard advice to change the settings so it's not loading thumbnails, but it's still slow. I could move all the files of course but it seems like a bit...
  10. The folder type keeps resetting to "General Items"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The folder type keeps resetting to "General Items": I want to set the normal view type as "detailed" and pictures view type as "large". So I set all folders type I want to store picture to "picture" in the "customize" tab. However, after I clicked apply and ok the option is reverted to "general items". Any ideas?...