Windows 10: How to set GBP symbol when using australian keyboard?

Discus and support How to set GBP symbol when using australian keyboard? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Laptop purchased in Australia, hence has a $ sign on keyboard. If I change the settings to UK input layout so I can have the pound symbol, it switches... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dropper, Oct 5, 2018.

1. dropper Win User

How to set GBP symbol when using australian keyboard?

Laptop purchased in Australia, hence has a $ sign on keyboard.

If I change the settings to UK input layout so I can have the pound symbol, it switches some of the keys, so I don't want to do this.

I've tried to "Change How Currency is Displayed" but this still results in a $ sign being produced.

Any ideas so I can have Australian keyboard layout, but change the currency symbol outputted?

Thanks

How to set GBP symbol when using australian keyboard? [​IMG]

How to set GBP symbol when using australian keyboard? [​IMG]

:)

dropper, Oct 5, 2018

2. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 5, 2018
  3. TonyAust Win User
    Australian Keyboard

Thanks Isaac for trying to help.

A bigger help would be for Windows Phone to flick a switch in Redmond, and give Australian users access to the US keyboard setup and fix this known problem for Australian WP7 users. i want a $ symbol on my keyboard, not hidden so i have to tap and hold to get
    it.

It makes my WP7 Smart Phone seem pretty dumb!

The Mango 7.5 update is coming up with all the new bells and whistles, yet us Aussie users are still stuck with a dodgy UK keyboard that dosn't suit our region.

Cheers

TonyAust, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Tweekism Win User

Australian Keyboard

I have a HTC 7 Mozart from the Australian carrier Telstra, HTC or Telstra has locked the keyboard options down to "English (UK)" because I assume there is no Australia option. Is there anyway we get an Australian keyboard with a $ instead of a £ as a default
    and a .com.au instead of .co.uk while keeping our words spelt correctly (eg: colour) unlike an american keyboard / dictionary.

I MS support bloke posted this

----

In order to get the £ symbol you don't have to change the keyboard but the locale settings.

Go to Settings > region & language, scroll down and change the System locale to English (Australia).

Reboot is required, but after that you will have the £ on the keyboard.

Proposed As Answer byDiego T. - WP7 Support

Microsoft Support, Moderator Friday, January 21, 2011 11:10 AM

----

Thats all good except we have nfi what a pound is here, we use dollars How to set GBP symbol when using australian keyboard? :)

Tweekism, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to set GBP symbol when using australian keyboard? - Similar Threads - set GBP symbol

2. How to use ! symbol in Runonce scanario

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use ! symbol in Runonce scanario: Hi,I would like to know that to using of ! option in Runonce scenario and how it will work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-symbol-in-runonce-scanario/2e79fff0-d345-4c56-ba9b-05d7720b7c98
  3. Euro Symbol on EU Keyboard set to US QWERTY.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Euro Symbol on EU Keyboard set to US QWERTY.: YES, just use the KEYPAD, not the KEYBOARD, and enter Alt + 0128! YEA! This is an old answer from 2011, but most people don't explain that a keyboard with a KEYPAD requires you to use the KEYPAD for the 0128. All solved!...
  4. Euro Symbol on EU Keyboard set to US QWERTY.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Euro Symbol on EU Keyboard set to US QWERTY.: YES, just use the KEYPAD, not the KEYBOARD, and enter Alt + 0128! YEA! This is an old answer from 2011, but most people don't explain that a keyboard with a KEYPAD requires you to use the KEYPAD for the 0128. All solved!...
  5. British keyboard is the default keyboard when the Australian region and English language is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    British keyboard is the default keyboard when the Australian region and English language is...: Why does Microsoft believe Australian's use British keyboards on their Windows computers? Australians use the US keyboard, not the UK keyboard.However when deploying Windows with an Endpoint profile, if the English/Australia language and region are chosen and the option to...
  6. British keyboard is the default keyboard when the Australian region and English language is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    British keyboard is the default keyboard when the Australian region and English language is...: Why does Microsoft believe Australian's use British keyboards on their Windows computers? Australians use the US keyboard, not the UK keyboard.However when deploying Windows with an Endpoint profile, if the English/Australia language and region are chosen and the option to...
  7. Spanish keyboard @ symbol: how to

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spanish keyboard @ symbol: how to: I am using an 850 wireless keyboard and it has the @ symbol on the same key as Q, yet it is not located above Q, it is below, and white, not blue, so the FN key doesn't work to produce the symbol. I've tried all the other keys plus the Q but nothing seems to work... [IMG]...
  8. keyboard symbols incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard symbols incorrect: language symbols showing up for incorrect keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-symbols-incorrect/6de4c2b0-eb20-45e3-9339-3a202830d47c
  9. australian Cortana?

in Windows 10 Customization
    australian Cortana?: Anyone knows how to install Australian Cortana or it still a myth. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/australian-cortana/7e471017-d8c7-4a9f-a2fe-d1012048359d
  10. Using keyboard to type symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Using keyboard to type symbols: Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ? I had a list of symbols and icons that one could write years ago but I lost it and can't find it using Google. Thanks, Mick 114675