Windows 10: How to Set IDM to scan downloads with Windows Defender?

Discus and support How to Set IDM to scan downloads with Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just finished removing my paid AVG after so many years to give Defender a try for a while. What I need to know is which file (if any) do I tell IDM... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Manigue, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Manigue Win User

How to Set IDM to scan downloads with Windows Defender?

Just finished removing my paid AVG after so many years to give Defender a try for a while.

What I need to know is which file (if any) do I tell IDM to use to scan completed downloaded files?

Is "MpCmdRun.exe" the correct file?

Thanks.

:)

Manigue, Jul 13, 2016
  2. FAM10 Win User

How to configure Internet Download Manager (IDM) to scan with Windows Defender?

Hi,

I´m trying IDM, I would like to test the antivirus scan capacity of it as explained here: How can I configure my virus scanner to automatically scan files downloaded with IDM?

But the problem is that I couldn´t get the right IDM configuration related to Windows Defender (Win 10 Home 64-bit Anniversary Update), specialy the command line parameters.

I tried with many many settings but without success.

Could you please post the exact configuration for working Windows Defender scanning just after download a file with IDM?

Thanks!

FAM10, Jul 13, 2016
  3. How to configure Internet Download Manager (IDM) to scan with Windows Defender?

as a matter of fact am also searching for same... idm download -> window defender scan !

somebody help!!

Anthony Finix, Jul 13, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Set it with mrt.exe or You probably need to scan it manually, from start menu, type: mrt
    assume you have the file on desktop then see screen shot else select the folder where you have the downloaded file stored.

How to Set IDM to scan downloads with Windows Defender? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 13, 2016
  5. Manigue Win User
    Thanks "topgundcp". That's one way to do it.
    I was looking for a more automated file scan with no user interaction; like AVG does it.

I'll use your recommended option until a more automated method gets implemented.

Manigue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Set IDM to scan downloads with Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - Set IDM scan

2. Can't download through IDM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download through IDM: For last few days i am unable to download through my Internet Download Manager. Till 4-5 days it was working fine. I feel something went wrong in settings. Can anybody help resolving the issue. I mostly download files from Nitroflare.com....
  3. Can't download through IDM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download through IDM: For last few days i am unable to download through my Internet Download Manager. Till 4-5 days it was working fine. I feel something went wrong in settings. Can anybody help resolving the issue. I mostly download files from Nitroflare.com....
  4. Is it safe download IDM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe download IDM?: I asked to the HP Support, and they said downloaded Third party apps isn't safe, Is that true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-download-idm/bf79a06a-46a9-4713-852b-7eb75caa79b9
  5. Is it safe download IDM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe download IDM?: I asked to the HP Support, and they said downloaded Third party apps isn't safe, Is that true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-download-idm/bf79a06a-46a9-4713-852b-7eb75caa79b9
  6. Problem with IDM!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with IDM!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I disable IDM from startup, It don't download any file anymore. When I open it manually, then it downloads file. I don't want to Launch IDM at startup. Is there any way to download files automatically without starting manually or launching at...
  7. Edge scans downloads with Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge scans downloads with Windows Defender?: Hi, Does Edge (Chromium) use Windows Defender or the registered AV to do the scan on downloads? I have MalwareBytes Premium. I noticed when downloading a file that it will say it's being scanned. So is it being scanned by Windows Defender or MalwareBytes? MalwareBytes is the...
  8. Scheduling Windows Defender scan in Maintenance Settings

Scheduling Windows Defender scan in Maintenance Settings: I've read here that one can schedule a scan in Windows Defender by using Maintenance Settings. They say to go: CONTROL PANEL > SECURITY & MAINTENANCE > MAINTENANCE CHEVRON > "CHANGE MAINTENANCE SETTINGS" Yet, as can be seen from my screen capture below, Maintenance...
  9. Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files

Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files: Running Win10 Home 64bit on a MSI Z270-A PRO motherboard, i7-6700, 16 GB ram. This is a new build for me and I just installed Win10 Home and did all updates. When I download programs with Defender running, do I have to manually scan the file before installing the program?...
  10. Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files: Running Win10 Home 64bit on a MSI Z270-A PRO motherboard, i7-6700, 16 GB ram. This is a new build for me and I just installed Win10 Home and did all updates. When I download programs with Defender running, do I have to manually scan the file before installing the program?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scan paramater in internet download manager

2. how to set windows defender for idm virus scanner?

3. enable idm in windows defender

4. internet download manager not working with windows defender,
  5. idm windows defender scan,
  6. how can i configure my virus scanner to automatically scan files downloaded with idm?,
  7. add windows defender in idm windows 10,
  8. How to configure AVG Internet Security to work with Internet Download Manager (IDM),
  9. adding idm virus scanner,
  10. idm scan method,
  11. idm autoscan downloads with deffender,
  12. windows defender for idm,
  13. add windows defender to idm scanner,
  14. how to configure window defende with idm,
  15. add windows defender as virus scanner internet download manager