Windows 10: How to set Intel graphics card as default for waking up PC?

Discus and support How to set Intel graphics card as default for waking up PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm on an ASUS Laptop and I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. I notice that when I put my computer to sleep and wake it up it takes about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nightowl899, Feb 5, 2020.

1. How to set Intel graphics card as default for waking up PC?

I'm on an ASUS Laptop and I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. I notice that when I put my computer to sleep and wake it up it takes about 10-11 seconds before the login screen appears. I believe this is because it tries to use my Nvidia graphics first rather than my Intel card. I disabled the Nvidia display and my computer loads the login screen instantly. My question is how do I keep both graphics cards enabled but set it so my computer uses the Intel card when it wakes up from Sleep Mode?

submitted by /u/nightowl899
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nightowl899, Feb 5, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 5, 2020
  4. How to set Intel graphics card as default for waking up PC?

HD Intel Graphics Driver causes reboot when waking from sleep

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with your PC as it doesn’t wake up from sleep. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 2:

I would suggest you to un-install and re-install display card drivers and check. Please follow the steps:

a) Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Display driver from the left panel to Uninstall.

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK
    to remove the driver.

f) After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Computer will load the generic display drivers, please go to the manufacturer’s website; download the latest version of display driver and check.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

How to set Intel graphics card as default for waking up PC?

1. How to set Intel graphics card as default for waking up PC? - Similar Threads - set Intel graphics

2. Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card: My laptop computer MSI GF76 Katana 11UCX-892XRU has an integrated Intel graphics card and the Geforce 2050 RTX card. But when I go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display, the Intel card is shown as the default graphics card even though the driver for Geforce is...
  3. Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card: My laptop computer MSI GF76 Katana 11UCX-892XRU has an integrated Intel graphics card and the Geforce 2050 RTX card. But when I go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display, the Intel card is shown as the default graphics card even though the driver for Geforce is...
  4. Outdated Intel HD graphics card!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Outdated Intel HD graphics card!: Hello! I have a serious problem with my intel graphics card, its 37 months out of date, I updated it via windows update but its still from 2017 and not recent. My computer is an intel Celeron N3060, if you guys can send me a updated graphics driver that would be extremely...
  5. Intel graphic card disappeared

Intel graphic card disappeared: I have a Lenovo Legion Y540 laptop with Windows 10, Intel i7-9750H processor, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphic cards. The Intel graphic card is gone from device manager, it is not hidden, I also tried adding it manually but it isn't found. The...
  6. intel graphics setting

intel graphics setting: intel graphics setting not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-graphics-setting/5de223ec-3cf2-400b-82e3-f7d06f43e0fe
  7. Choosing default graphics card???

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Choosing default graphics card???: Hello, I have an AMD Radeon R5 340X graphics card installed in my Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop pc and I have been trying to figure out how to make the original Intel Xeon E3 graphics card that came with my PC the default card again. I feel like I remember seeing the option to...
  8. Intel graphic card driver 530

Intel graphic card driver 530: Hi all , just found that my laptop doesn't wake up after I installed the inte display driver 530 , any ideas ? Thx 47430
  9. How to use Intel HD Graphics as default?

How to use Intel HD Graphics as default?: Hello, *UPDATE: I used AMD removal tool to remove any trace of AMD previously installed stuff, and now I managed to reinstall AMD drivers. So far so good* I installed the AMD graphics (It's a laptop), and then the laptop stopped working (Windows stuck at the welcome...
  10. Intel hd graphic 530 wake up problems

Intel hd graphic 530 wake up problems: After installed Intel hd graphic 530 , laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode , already did reinstalled the driver but no luck , plz help 47822