Windows 10: How to set LTSC clients to default search specific server for print shares

Discus and support How to set LTSC clients to default search specific server for print shares in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have close to 300 printers on the same domain, so every time we want to install a printer the search for printers is not efficient. How can I set a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ElectrifiedFreak, May 23, 2022.

1. How to set LTSC clients to default search specific server for print shares

We have close to 300 printers on the same domain, so every time we want to install a printer the search for printers is not efficient. How can I set a GPO so that the applied clients default to search on a specific server? I do not want all the clients to have the same printer, only look at the same server when searching for printer shares. Each client will have different printers.Thanks

:)

ElectrifiedFreak, May 23, 2022

2. OpenVPN Server / Internet Connection Sharing / Routing / IPV6

I'm trying to get an openvpn server running on windows 10 (pro), version 1607. It's working for ipv4, but not ipv6. I'm specifically trying to get it working with ipv4 and ipv6 to test for a problem with openvpn. I'm testing with ipv6-test.com and test-ipv6.com. The client and the server are connecting and both ipv4 and ipv6 are working between the client and the server (the client can ping server), but I can't get any ipv6 traffic to pass through the server.

I'm wondering about internet connection sharing. There don't appear to be any specific ICS settings that relate to this issue. Alternatively, it could be routing.

Any suggestions?

bimmerdriver, May 23, 2022
  3. Default 'Print To PDF' settings in Windows

Hello Val,

I would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with modifying the default print configuration of your Windows 10 device. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Does the default paper size go back to Letter only when printing from Microsoft Edge?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell the current OS Build of your Windows 10 system? Click the
      Start button, type
      About your PC, press Enter, and then scroll down to
      Windows specifications to find this information.

I would like to make sure that you modified the correct printer settings.

1. Click the Start button, go to Settings >
      Devices
      > Printers & scanners.
    2. Select Microsoft Print to
      PDF
      > Manage > Printing preferences.
    3. On the Layout tab, click Advanced.
    4. Set the Paper Size to A4 and then click
      OK twice to save the changes.
    5. Restart your PC.

If this is the exact steps you performed but the issue still continues, I suggest running the Printer troubleshooter. This tool will scan and fix your PC for any misconfiguration found with your printer settings. You will need administrative permission to
    access the tool.

1. Select the Start button.
    2. Type Troubleshoot and then hit
      Enter.
    3. Select Printer under
      Get up and running.
    4. Click Run the troubleshooter.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, May 23, 2022
  4. 808bty Win User

How to set LTSC clients to default search specific server for print shares

Print Queue Personality Configuration

I've created many plot/print queues for the convenience of our users.

• Print queue personality is set on the Print Server
    • Personality settings include preset - orientation, paper size (A, B C, D, E), color/B&W, etc.
    With these preset personality settings, my users don't have to go through the print configuration steps for all the different types of documents they print.

They simply select the queue and print.

Some time a while ago, the personality settings for each print queue saved on my print server are no longer the default print queue setting on the users machine after they select the print queue.

Is there some way I can automatically "push" the print queue personality settings to every client who uses the queues?

Clients - W7 & W10

Print Server OS - Server 2012

Applications used - MS Office Suite, MicroStation, BentleyView, Bluebeam, G Technology Suite

808bty, May 23, 2022
Thema:

How to set LTSC clients to default search specific server for print shares

1. How to set LTSC clients to default search specific server for print shares - Similar Threads - set LTSC clients

2. How to make a print settings for default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a print settings for default: Hi Team,I would like to know, how to make print settings for default. Please find attached image. This one every time have to select fit to page.Thanks....
  3. How to make a print settings for default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make a print settings for default: Hi Team,I would like to know, how to make print settings for default. Please find attached image. This one every time have to select fit to page.Thanks....
  4. How to make a print settings for default

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients: I have a very simple question that I used to maybe know but times have changed! It is about adding a printer from the Win 2019 print manager on a Win 10 client, simple right? So I should note that we are in a Win 2019 domain, and that as a tech we have access to local admin...
  6. Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print server 2019 and Win 10 clients: I have a very simple question that I used to maybe know but times have changed! It is about adding a printer from the Win 2019 print manager on a Win 10 client, simple right? So I should note that we are in a Win 2019 domain, and that as a tech we have access to local admin...
  7. How to set LTSC clients to default search specific server for print shares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set LTSC clients to default search specific server for print shares: We have close to 300 printers on the same domain, so every time we want to install a printer the search for printers is not efficient. How can I set a GPO so that the applied clients default to search on a specific server? I do not want all the clients to have the same...
  8. How to set LTSC clients to default search specific server for print shares

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set LTSC clients to default search specific server for print shares: We have close to 300 printers on the same domain, so every time we want to install a printer the search for printers is not efficient. How can I set a GPO so that the applied clients default to search on a specific server? I do not want all the clients to have the same...
  9. Client losing connectivity to domain server share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Client losing connectivity to domain server share: I have strange issue. There is a small domain running SBS 2003 on the server and Windows 10 Pro on all the clients. All of the client systems have a mapped network drive that is mapped to a shared folder on the server. One of the client machines keeps losing access to the...
  10. Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server: Hi all, Have been trawling high and low to look at this issue and I know there are some other threads out there that discuss this, but not this specific issue. We have 2 Windows 10 computers, one acting as SMB Server and the other a client sharing an application that...