Windows 10: how to set mouse for single click on desktop icon

Discus and support how to set mouse for single click on desktop icon in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I to set mouse for single click on desktop icon and folders? I could do it in Win7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dex Panthenol, Feb 15, 2020.

1. how to set mouse for single click on desktop icon

How do I to set mouse for single click on desktop icon and folders? I could do it in Win7.

:)

Dex Panthenol, Feb 15, 2020
  2. billro1 Win User

Changing the mouse to accept a single click on the icons on the desktop

I can't get the mouse to only single click on the icons on the desktop.

billro1, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 15, 2020
  4. how to set mouse for single click on desktop icon

opening icons on desktop

Hello Evaine,

We still can't identify the possible causes of this desktop icon issues you're experiencing. To get a closer look at the root cause, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you also experiencing the same issue when clicking any icons on the Start menu?
    • Does the issue still the same when using another mouse? How about using your mouse on another computer?
    • Is it also possible to send us a screenshot when the white square box appears after you double click the desktop icon?
    • Have you also tried performing a hardware troubleshooter? If you still haven't, just follow the steps below:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. We would suggest that you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

how to set mouse for single click on desktop icon

1. how to set mouse for single click on desktop icon - Similar Threads - set mouse single

2. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  3. How to stop mouse double clicking on single *physical* click

How to stop mouse double clicking on single *physical* click: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since the moment I started Windows 11 single physical clicks intermittently trigger a double click in Windows. This happens in Explorer, games and Excel. Things I have tried:I have the latest mouse drivers from the...
  4. How to stop mouse double clicking on single *physical* click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop mouse double clicking on single *physical* click: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since the moment I started Windows 11 single physical clicks intermittently trigger a double click in Windows. This happens in Explorer, games and Excel. Things I have tried:I have the latest mouse drivers from the...
  5. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  6. mouse double click on single click

mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  7. Single Click Setting not Staying on Single Click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single Click Setting not Staying on Single Click: Have a Windows 10 Pro laptop, all updates are current. I set my system to single click on for mouse. Restart the system and it goes back to double click settings. Have tried several times now and it keeps happening. This is a fresh installation of W10 in last couple weeks....
  8. set up mouse single click command

in Windows 10 Customization
    set up mouse single click command: I am setting up a desktop and need to know how to change the mouse from double click to single click. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-mouse-single-click-command/78850ff1-37ba-4291-b836-dc819dc5ed22
  9. Single clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Single clicking mouse: Using Windows 8 we could single click to open files etc. How do we do it on Windows 10??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-clicking-mouse/510d0824-9f14-479e-9b9f-8bd879142c22
  10. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...