Windows 10: How to set MS Office Professional 2010 as default

Discus and support How to set MS Office Professional 2010 as default in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; My friend's (Win 10) laptop says "you do not have OFFICE" installed when she tries to open email attachments. Today she installed MS Office 2010 and is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Parsley19, May 10, 2021.

1. Parsley19 Win User

How to set MS Office Professional 2010 as default

My friend's (Win 10) laptop says "you do not have OFFICE" installed when she tries to open email attachments. Today she installed MS Office 2010 and is still getting the same message when trying to open attachments. How can she set the newly installed 2010 edition as default.

:)

Parsley19, May 10, 2021
  2. GinaPieri Win User

MS Office Professional 2010

I need to replace my laptop soon and I want to use my MS Office Professional 2010 key on Windows 10, because I cannot afford MS Office 365 Personal £59.99 a year or £5.99 a month.

I am retired on a State pension and want to use my MS Office Professional 2010 key on Windows 10 I already have, as I said above, is that possible? Primarily to use MSWord and MS Outlook. I don't want to be forced to buy the update.
    Will I be able to install my MS Office Professional 2010 key on MS Windows 10 on a new laptop?

GinaPieri, May 10, 2021
  3. MS office professional academic 2010

I just bought a new computer an I'm trying to install my MS office professional academic 2010 CD. It's in my programs as being added but I can't find Word. Where is it located so I can pin it to my taskbar? I did a search but it sends me to the web.

HELP

prettylady63, May 10, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Setting Office 2010 as default in Windows 10

Hi Dina,

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Apps - Default Apps

Scroll down to the bottom of that page and click 'Set Defaults by App'

Wait for the resulting list to build

Then on the left click each Office 2010 Application and click 'Set this Program as Default' on the right hand side

The text above the button should change to 'This program has all its defaults'

DaveM121, May 10, 2021
Thema:

1. How to set MS Office Professional 2010 as default - Similar Threads - set Office Professional

2. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Office 2010: Hard drive is dying on my other laptop is dying. Trying to get office 2010 off it. Got my product key, but unsure if it will let me use it again. Can't find the exe file for it. I have my product key. But unsure if it will work on my laptop Im using now. I downloaded the file...
  3. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office 2010: Hard drive is dying on my other laptop is dying. Trying to get office 2010 off it. Got my product key, but unsure if it will let me use it again. Can't find the exe file for it. I have my product key. But unsure if it will work on my laptop Im using now. I downloaded the file...
  4. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS Office 2002 Professional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Office 2002 Professional: I paid quite a bit for my MS Office 2002 Pro version and I would like to know if Word and Excel will work in windows 10. If so, what compatibility mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-2002-professional/89944b84-37ab-436b-b227-1a8647e75c13
  6. MS Office Professional 2010

MS Office Professional 2010: I need to replace my laptop soon and I want to use my MS Office Professional 2010 key on Windows 10, because I cannot afford MS Office 365 Personal £59.99 a year or £5.99 a month. I am retired on a State pension and want to use my MS Office Professional 2010 key on Windows...
  7. Microsoft Office 2010 Professional

Microsoft Office 2010 Professional: I have a new machine Dell Inspiron which had office 365 installed - I didnt need it - so I uninstalled it. I then started to install from the disc - Office Professional 2010 - the installation halted three quarters through with error code 25541 - failed to open XML file....
  8. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Office 2010: New laptop with W10s installed; attempted install MS Office 2010, but even though it installed and can be found in programs and features, I cannot find it anywhere else let alone work from it? In other words, it's apparently on my new laptop, but hidden or?...
  9. Installing MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing MS Office 2010: I have Office 2010 installed already on a 32 bit Windows 10 OS. I want to install it on my 64 bit OS also. When I run the install I get an error soon after entering the key: Setup cannot find Office en-us\OfficeLR.cab. Can anyone suggest why this should occur with one of...
  10. Laptop Will Not Recognize Microsoft Office Professional 2010

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Will Not Recognize Microsoft Office Professional 2010: I had to replace a laptop, so I purchased a new Asus (Windows 10). When I downloaded (from my purchased disk) Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, everything seemed to go well. However, when I click on any of the programs to open (Word, Exel, etc.) a pop-up appears...