Windows 10: How to set New Windows Terminal as default console.

Discus and support How to set New Windows Terminal as default console. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anyone know how to set the new awesome Windows Terminal as default? If I go through the extension selector it doesn't find a program to be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/datius, Dec 5, 2020.

1. /u/datius Win User

How to set New Windows Terminal as default console.

Anyone know how to set the new awesome Windows Terminal as default? If I go through the extension selector it doesn't find a program to be able to choose, it just directs me to the store, where I have already downloaded and ran WT.

submitted by /u/datius
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/datius, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Windows Terminal Preview v1.2.2022.0 update for Windows 10 July 22

Source:

Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wi...w/9n8g5rfz9xk3

See also: New Windows Terminal v1.1.2021.0 released for Windows 10 - July 22

Brink, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Windows Terminal Preview v1.3.2382.0 update for Windows 10 Aug. 26

Source:
    See also: New Windows Terminal v1.2.2381.0 released for Windows 10 - Aug. 26

Brink, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New Experimental Console Features in Windows 10 build 18298

Source: New Experimental Console Features Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to set New Windows Terminal as default console. - Similar Threads - set Terminal default

2. Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application: Hello, I just installed Windows Terminal from Microsoft Store and I can use it just fine.But the one thing that annoyed me is Windows never let me make it as the default terminal application despite already set it in the terminal settings.This made me have to open the Windows...
  3. Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not detecting Windows Terminal as default terminal application: Hello, I just installed Windows Terminal from Microsoft Store and I can use it just fine.But the one thing that annoyed me is Windows never let me make it as the default terminal application despite already set it in the terminal settings.This made me have to open the Windows...
  4. How to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal application in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal application in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows Terminal includes Command Prompt, PowerShell, and some other command-line interpreter tools and makes it easier for the user to switch between them, as you can just change tabs to use the tool of your choice. That’s why many users want to set Windows Terminal...
  5. Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.: I am running Windows 11 stable version on my Lenovo S340 since upgrading from Windows 10.I looked in the settings of Windows Terminal to set it as the default application, but the list of terminal apps only contains Windows Console Host. The same is the case in the Terminal...
  6. Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set Windows Terminal as default because it is not detected in the list of terminals.: I am running Windows 11 stable version on my Lenovo S340 since upgrading from Windows 10.I looked in the settings of Windows Terminal to set it as the default application, but the list of terminal apps only contains Windows Console Host. The same is the case in the Terminal...
  7. How to change default Height and Width of Windows Terminal window

in Windows 10 News
    How to change default Height and Width of Windows Terminal window: [ATTACH]Those of you who use the Windows Terminal know how important and, oftentimes, how frequent its use can be. You may find yourself arranging the size of the default Windows Terminal window every time you use it. Maybe it is too small for you or the other way around....
  8. How to add a New Profile in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 News
    How to add a New Profile in Windows Terminal: In this article, we will show you how to add a new profile to Windows Terminal. Windows Terminal is a multi-tabbed command-line tool for Windows 10 that lets you run different command line emulators or tools in different tabs. For this, you have to add the tool as a new...
  9. How to Change Default JSON Editor in Windows Terminal Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Change Default JSON Editor in Windows Terminal Settings?: I newly installed Windows Terminal after downloading it directly from Microsoft Store. Due to being complete novice I clicked on the drop down arrow, selected "Settings" and mistakenly set the default JSON Editor as "open in web browser". So now every time when I click on...
  10. Change Terminal Colors of Console Window in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Terminal Colors of Console Window in Windows 10: How to: Change Terminal Colors of Console Window in Windows 10 How to Change Foreground and Background Terminal Colors of Console Window in Windows 10 A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux...