Windows 10: How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON

Discus and support How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell 17" 3000 series I7 laptop that works fine but for the fact is has no Number Lock light bizarre so you never know if the Number Lock is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HansL55, Sep 11, 2020.

1. HansL55 Win User

How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON

I have a Dell 17" 3000 series I7 laptop that works fine but for the fact is has no Number Lock light bizarre so you never know if the Number Lock is on or off. While the laptop always starts with Number Lock - ON, my poor typing often turns it off, only to find I'm typing somewhere in a document I didn't want to, which is very frustrating.

I'm looking to either:

1 permanently set the key to ON so that multiple pressing of the key will always cause it to be ON, or

2 permanently disable the key as the BIOS presumably sets this key to ON upon start-up assuming such a permanent disabling still allows the BIOS to set it to ON upon start-up.

Dell technical support couldn't help me and I'd prefer to tweak the BIOS or Windows, than try unproven add-on software.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

:)

HansL55, Sep 11, 2020

2. numbers key will not lock on My hp lapto computer

I tried the suggestion, however it did not work on my HP Laptop. I wish it had.

RichardStewart_954, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Number lock

Hi

How do I keep the number lock permanently on as sometimes when I enter a number the numbers don't work until I press number lock

Take a guess, Sep 11, 2020
  4. How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON

num lock permanently on

I would like Num Lock to be permanently ON. Even when I accidently hit the Num Lock key I would like it to stay on.

Is there a way to enable this? ie. I don't want the Num Lock key do anything at all. I want to ALWAYS use the number pad for numbers. Never for arrows etc.

DavidddddZZ, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON

1. How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON - Similar Threads - set Number Lock

2. Numbers lock setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numbers lock setting: My numbers lock setting won't hold for more than one setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numbers-lock-setting/c3d898aa-41df-4088-b648-33776eb41752
  3. Numbers lock setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numbers lock setting: My numbers lock setting won't hold for more than one setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numbers-lock-setting/c3d898aa-41df-4088-b648-33776eb41752
  4. Numbers lock setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Permanently enable number lock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanently enable number lock: There's this bug in excel where when you double click a cell it toggles number lock. Apparently there's no way to turn this off. Was wondering if there's a way at the OS level to permanently enable num loc? I've found instructions on how to enable it on startup, but that...
  6. Number Lock Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Number Lock Key: Whenever I sign off, the number lock key is deactivated, which didn't happen previously. How do I fix this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-lock-key/51cc0cda-abfd-43ec-8a53-a7f9c50fd94e
  7. Setting Permanent LOCK SCREEN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting Permanent LOCK SCREEN: How can I set a permanent lock screen picture on my windows 10 computer? I have a specific picture that I want to always be the lock screen but every time I play a song on Groove Music, the computer automatically changes the lock screen image to whatever picture is associated...
  8. 10 Key number lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    10 Key number lock: How can I keep the number lock on. I have a Logitech K750 keyboard and Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/10-key-number-lock/b6257643-79c8-433c-abfe-dc2efb5895de
  9. how to I turn the number lock key to stay on at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to I turn the number lock key to stay on at startup: Every time I shut down my computer, the number lock turns off. When I start up my PC every day, is there an option that automatically will turn my number lock key on on my wireless keyboard?...
  10. NUM LOCK Key - Wanting to set on permanently/Disable key

in Windows 10 Customization
    NUM LOCK Key - Wanting to set on permanently/Disable key: As the title states I would like to find a way of setting my keyboard to always have NumLock to be on. Not just at boot up. I am aware of the registry setting that accomplishes this at boot (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators) but that isn't...