Windows 10: How to set NumLock to be on permanently or be harder to turn off?

Discus and support How to set NumLock to be on permanently or be harder to turn off? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm well aware of methods to set NumLock to be on at startup, but what I want it for it to remain on, even if I hit it. So I want to either disable it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tway15q1, Jan 7, 2020.

1. How to set NumLock to be on permanently or be harder to turn off?

I'm well aware of methods to set NumLock to be on at startup, but what I want it for it to remain on, even if I hit it. So I want to either disable it, or remap it to another function. (A second Backspace would be helpful, but not needed.) Ideally, I'd like to be able to disable it only with a hotkey combination or the like. But short of that, I'd just like to always be On.

Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/tway15q1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tway15q1, Jan 7, 2020

2. Windows10 - numlock not on at startup

Hi guys,

Trick was not really helpful.

After a logon, the NumLock key is now effectively on, but I need this before the logon.

My logon password has digits, and I would need the Numlock key to be «ON» at the logon process.

Is there another way to solve that ??

Thanks for your help.

Robert

RobertHenault, Jan 7, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 keeps turning Numlock off *Mid-Session*

Hello,

If the NumLock key is turning on automatically, there might be corrupt registries within the system, or that software conflicts are occurring inside the system. For us to isolate the issue about the
    NumLock turning on automatically, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur recently? If yes, what changes were made before it occurred?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Aside from modifying the registry, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Vsings Win User

How to set NumLock to be on permanently or be harder to turn off?

I need to PERMNENTLY turn my numlock ON and my capslock OFF. Help?

"I want to turn numlock PERMANENTLY on.

not on at startup

not toggle with shift

ON. Permanently. No matter if I hit it or not."

Vsings, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

How to set NumLock to be on permanently or be harder to turn off?

1. How to set NumLock to be on permanently or be harder to turn off? - Similar Threads - set NumLock permanently

2. How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop: I am lookin to always have the Numlock key on regardless of whether I press it. I do NOT need help turning it on upon startup. One major example of my issue is that I’ll use the alt+7 function to create a • while typing a lengthy amount of text for work. While alt codes help...
  3. How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop: I am lookin to always have the Numlock key on regardless of whether I press it. I do NOT need help turning it on upon startup. One major example of my issue is that I’ll use the alt+7 function to create a • while typing a lengthy amount of text for work. While alt codes help...
  4. How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do i turn numlock off

how do i turn numlock off: ive pressed fn+12 but its not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-numlock-off/2a26c8e7-d78c-4be3-9bad-6c70ca59a47b
  6. how do i turn numlock off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn numlock off: ive pressed fn+12 but its not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-numlock-off/2a26c8e7-d78c-4be3-9bad-6c70ca59a47b
  7. how do i turn numlock off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. how to turn off the magnifier permanently

how to turn off the magnifier permanently: I want to turn the magnifier OFF permanently and have tried all the solutions I could find and they aren't working. This is only in my email. The screen is right size but the reading pane text and the folder column are so small you need a strong magnifying glass to read them....
  9. permanently enable numlock?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    permanently enable numlock?: i've enabled numlock at startup by editing the registry and disabling fast startup without realizing it was only to toggle it on at startup (which it was already doing). how can i prevent numlock from disabling entirely? i've been looking for a while and it's for a problem in...
  10. Set NumLock ON permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set NumLock ON permanently?: Platform: Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15ACL Is there a way to set NumLock so that it's permantly ON? That is, it cannot be turned off easily? submitted by /u/tway15q1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fb4njr/set_numlock_on_permanently/