Windows 10: how to set open images with specific program

Discus and support how to set open images with specific program in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to set the computer to open an image with a specific program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanRipps, Apr 6, 2020.

1. AlanRipps Win User

how to set open images with specific program

how to set the computer to open an image with a specific program

:)

AlanRipps, Apr 6, 2020

2. Set specific programs to open on the 2nd Monitor

Hi,

As of yet, there is no specific option that allows you to set certain programs to open on a specified display monitor. Programs open on whichever display monitor is chosen as the main monitor.

For advanced troubleshooting, we suggest that you post your query in our
    TechNet forums
    where we have experts who are more knowledgeable regarding the matter.

Let us know how else we can help.

Patricia Yu, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Image or Codec or

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know if the issue is specific to one particular application.

If the issue is specific, I suggest you to run the application in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Compatibility tab.
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 6, 2020
  4. how to set open images with specific program

unable to open jpg in windows 10 "we can't open this file"

Hello,

There are several ways to open an image file in Windows 10. If a photo cannot be viewed using the
    Photo App, we suggest opening it using a different app. The steps below will help you
    set Photo Viewer as your default image viewer:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter default programs. Select
      Default Programs
      from the list.
    • Select Set your default programs.
    • Select Windows Photo Viewer and click the Set this program as default.
    • Click OK to save changes.

After setting Photo Viewer as your default image viewer, open those
    .JPG files and see if the issue still occurs.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

how to set open images with specific program

1. how to set open images with specific program - Similar Threads - set open images

2. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open specific program or uninstall it.: I can't open some of program such as Steam, IDM, or install any program that just download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-specific-program-or-uninstall-it/5a6ffeca-30e6-436a-8726-bc3bae545c54
  3. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open specific program or uninstall it.: I can't open some of program such as Steam, IDM, or install any program that just download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-specific-program-or-uninstall-it/5a6ffeca-30e6-436a-8726-bc3bae545c54
  4. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to make Task Scheduler open a Document with a specific program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Task Scheduler open a Document with a specific program?: I have Windows 10 Task Scheduler opening a specific .rtf also tried changing it to .docx file on workstation unlock. At present it opens automatically with Wordpad, but I want it to open using another word processing program instead WPS Office.I've set the "default app" for...
  6. How to make Task Scheduler open a Document with a specific program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Task Scheduler open a Document with a specific program?: I have Windows 10 Task Scheduler opening a specific .rtf also tried changing it to .docx file on workstation unlock. At present it opens automatically with Wordpad, but I want it to open using another word processing program instead WPS Office.I've set the "default app" for...
  7. Can you Change a Specific Setting When You Open a Program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you Change a Specific Setting When You Open a Program?: Hi there, I have a very specific question. I have a two monitor set up, where one is my laptop and the other is an external monitor. I like to change the, "Choose what happens when you close the lid" setting in the power plan options to, "do nothing," so that I can close my...
  8. How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?: I am using GOM player as a media player, I am super comfortable with it that I don't want to ever change it, but it has one annoying feature which is opening their page on chrome after most of my watches (exactly when I close the GOM player window) How can I prevent only GOM...
  9. How to program F keys to open a specific program in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to program F keys to open a specific program in windows 10: How to program a key such as F-1 to open a specific program in windows 10. Version 8.1 had a Hot Key utility but unable to locate this in 10....
  10. Set monitor for specific programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set monitor for specific programs: I've bought a 2nd monitor today and I just cant figure out how to set a monitor for different programms. I want to play shooter on my main screen and racing games on my other. I think Windows needs to be able to set something like this. Or is there at least a programm that...