Windows 10: how to set or change my administrator password windows 10

Discus and support how to set or change my administrator password windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I set or change my administrator password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Animal in the Synagogue, Nov 30, 2019.

1. how to set or change my administrator password windows 10

How can I set or change my administrator password

:)

Animal in the Synagogue, Nov 30, 2019

2. administrator password

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. In this case I suggest you to try converting your account into administrator. Follow the steps below,

1. Search for Run on
      Windows search bar.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run window and click on OK.
    3. It would prompt you for password of admin account, put in the password.

If you have not set any password, just click on OK.
    4. Double click on the user account you want to change and go to
      Group Membership.
    5. Now select Administrator and click on
      Apply and OK.

To set up pay support for home users, please log on to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I've installed Windows 10 and now I can't make any changes. Keeps asking for administrator password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which account are you using? Is it Administrator account or standard account?
    I suggest you to login with Admin Account and create a new user account and check if it helps.

Refer the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

If you don’t have admin account follow the steps below and check if it helps.

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create a local account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 30, 2019
  4. how to set or change my administrator password windows 10

Win10 lost UAC (administrator)password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you forgot the administrator account password and you are unable to login. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to log in to built in administrator account and create a new administrator account.

Please try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below step.

Step 2:

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Step 3:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.
    Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

how to set or change my administrator password windows 10

1. how to set or change my administrator password windows 10 - Similar Threads - set change administrator

2. How to change local administrator password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change local administrator password?: I create a local account and I forgot the password. How to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-administrator-password/4b1c0819-9c10-4513-aac3-aa88fe249e92
  3. How to change local administrator password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change local administrator password?: I create a local account and I forgot the password. How to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-local-administrator-password/4b1c0819-9c10-4513-aac3-aa88fe249e92
  4. How to enable password for administrator changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable password for administrator changes: I want to enable a pasword for administrator changes but I don't want to switch to another user because my data is on my administrator account. I want to make it so that whenever I go to uninstall something it asks for my password.Thank you...
  5. How to enable password for administrator changes

How to enable password for administrator changes: I want to enable a pasword for administrator changes but I don't want to switch to another user because my data is on my administrator account. I want to make it so that whenever I go to uninstall something it asks for my password.Thank you...
  6. Changing Administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Administrator password: I want to change the bios to uefi but cannot access the command prompt during boot up, it requires a password and my Windows password does not work. Anyone have an answer?...
  7. Changing Administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Administrator password: I want to change the bios to uefi but cannot access the command prompt during boot up, it requires a password and my Windows password does not work. Anyone have an answer?...
  8. Changing Administrator password

9. How can i change my administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i change my administrator password: . i have a HP laptop da0032wm and windows 10 Home version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-administrator-password/8c0f1a0c-3610-4a40-a354-f8b64388c247
  10. How can i change my administrator password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i change my administrator password.: How can i change my administrator password. i have a HP laptop da0032wm and windows 10 Home version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-administrator-password/d95a10aa-71fd-4aa3-9657-43befe0c4d27