Windows 10: how to set password for my ethernet (wired from wifi modem) in windows10

Discus and support how to set password for my ethernet (wired from wifi modem) in windows10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I open any browser it remains connected to internet. how to set password for my ethernet (wired from wifi modem) in windows10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ramacdd, Jan 25, 2019.

1. ramacdd Win User

how to set password for my ethernet (wired from wifi modem) in windows10

when I open any browser it remains connected to internet.

how to set password for my ethernet (wired from wifi modem) in windows10.

:)

ramacdd, Jan 25, 2019

2. I accidently deleted my wifi in settings Help!!

I accidently deleted my wifi in settings how do I get it back so I can go online without my modem connecting wire ? Help!!

WiFi is no longer listed in Settings as a choice in Networks and Internet list with

Status-

Ethernet-

VPN-

Dial up

bduncan801, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Wired Ethernet Connection Constantly Dropping (Windows 10)

My mom recently purchased a laptop from HP running Windows 10. I hooked it up to our Xfinity modem/router via Ethernet and the wired connection is consistently dropping for 5ish seconds, connecting again for a second or two, and then repeating the process.
    Connection over WiFi has no problems whatsoever. My own laptop that runs 8.1 has no problems with the same 2-in-1 modem/router, whether wired or wireless.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to remedy the problem?

JordenMacdonald, Jan 25, 2019
  4. batsko Win User

Ethernet plugged in, not working, troubleshooter detected no hardware

Hello, I am having trouble getting my internet connection to work with an ethernet cord. I have no problem using wifi, but i get disconnected on wifi pretty frequently. I have two ethernet cords in my possession, one of them is new, and neither works. I've tried connecting to the router and the modem.
    I've used used troubleshooter with both wires while plugged into the router and the modem. I've created a connection that has our given username and our password in it.
    I turn off the wifi specifically by clicking on the wifi icon on the bottom right of my computer screen. It seems that the ethernet cord is not detected.

Does anyone have any possible next steps for when troubleshooters don't work?

batsko, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. how to set password for my ethernet (wired from wifi modem) in windows10 - Similar Threads - set password ethernet

2. Ethernet adapter up to it it kicks between Ethernet and wifi will not stay on hard wired...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet adapter up to it it kicks between Ethernet and wifi will not stay on hard wired...: I have a windowed 11 laptop that when I hook the Ethernet cable to ib via a adapter it will not stay hooked to Ethernet is switches between wifi and hard wire. Please help...
  3. Ethernet adapter up to it it kicks between Ethernet and wifi will not stay on hard wired...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet adapter up to it it kicks between Ethernet and wifi will not stay on hard wired...: I have a windowed 11 laptop that when I hook the Ethernet cable to ib via a adapter it will not stay hooked to Ethernet is switches between wifi and hard wire. Please help...
  4. Wired Ethernet to a switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet to a switch: Hi, guys. Please forgive my stupidity, but I really need help on this basic problem I have.I have 2 Desktops & 2 Laptops, all for different tasks, connected via a Netgear 8-way switch.All the computers can access the Internet with absolutely no problem at all.My problem is...
  5. Wired Ethernet to a switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet to a switch: Hi, guys. Please forgive my stupidity, but I really need help on this basic problem I have.I have 2 Desktops & 2 Laptops, all for different tasks, connected via a Netgear 8-way switch.All the computers can access the Internet with absolutely no problem at all.My problem is...
  6. Wired Ethernet to a switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo: i need immediate assistance trying to get my my ethernet cable to work on my computer it doesnt connect at all and i have XTREME mediacom high speed internet. i tried uninstalling and re installing the drivers and it isnt working. any forward knowledge on troubleshooting...
  8. Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi: I've been having increasingly worse internet connectivity issues for a while now. I bought a new computer and it was fixed for about 2 years, but then it started again, exactly as before. Recently it became so bad (and no advice from the internet would work) that I bought a...
  9. My Android is connected via my Wi-Fi modem and the PC is hard-wired to the modem

in Browsers and Email
    My Android is connected via my Wi-Fi modem and the PC is hard-wired to the modem: Completely out of the blue last night, the majority of the desktop shortcuts I have to Internet sites have stopped working! I can access them (the websites) on my Android phone, but not on my PC. I am using Firefox as my browser and Windows 10. Any thoughts as to why this...
  10. USB modem disables Ethernet and WiFi

USB modem disables Ethernet and WiFi: Hi I have a program called Connectify Dispatch that enable multiple internet connections load balancing, which speed up downloads mostly and sometimes web browsing, my problem that is whenever I use an USB modem Ethernet and WiFi internet stops, this happened since windows 8...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Ethernet modem password wired