Windows 10: How to set permissions for mapped drive

Discus and support How to set permissions for mapped drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my windows 10 system, I configured the directory c:\users\public\documents\mydir to allow me full control, and I mapped that path to drive letter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bill Zink, May 24, 2019.

1. Bill Zink Win User

How to set permissions for mapped drive

On my windows 10 system, I configured the directory c:\users\public\documents\mydir to allow me full control, and I mapped that path to drive letter z. I observe that whenever I attempt to access directories using the mapped syntax, e.g. edit z:\my_file, mkdir z:\foo, I have only read access, but the same operations invoked using the full absolute path (e.g. edit c:\users\public\documents\mydir\my_file) work fine. Could someone please explain how to configure the mapped drive to allow full control. Thanks.

Note: I am an administrator, I own that directory and its children, and network discovery is on for that directory under all network profiles

:)

Bill Zink, May 24, 2019

2. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 24, 2019
  3. rhegde Win User
    Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, May 24, 2019
  4. How to set permissions for mapped drive

Permission issue on working with network drive, Error message: An error occurred while applying security information – failed to enumerate objects in the container, Access is denied.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate for the details and, time and effort that you have taken to work on this issue. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Could you please let us know, what are the troubleshooting steps that you have performed till now?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to try follow steps mentioned below and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to
      Map a network drive
    3. Please follow the suggestion provided by Azeez N dated June 2nd 2010 on

Providing permission to drive
    4. Then check if it helps.

You may also want refer
    Configuring shares and permissions on hard drives connected to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router
    for more detailed information on the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 24, 2019
Thema:

How to set permissions for mapped drive

1. How to set permissions for mapped drive - Similar Threads - set permissions mapped

2. mapping a drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mapping a drive: Hello, I need to map a drive for a public computer, The account on this computer does not have access to the drive. however, whoever uses the computer and double click the drive icon must enter their credentials every time. Thank you...
  3. mapping a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mapping a drive: Hello, I need to map a drive for a public computer, The account on this computer does not have access to the drive. however, whoever uses the computer and double click the drive icon must enter their credentials every time. Thank you...
  4. Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapped Drive: Hi! I am trying to connect my Primary Windows 10 PC to my other Windows 10 PC. Windows is throwing this error when I try to connect to the primary PC. I've tried the primary username the secondary user name and added a separate user on the primary with another Outlook...
  5. mapping/mapped drives

mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  6. can't get permission on mapped network drive/folder

can't get permission on mapped network drive/folder: Hello, here's my situation: Windows 10 Ver. 1903 I have an external HDD attached via USB 3.0 to my router. I have it mapped as a network drive and was initially able to read and write normally. I then removed it from the router and hooked it directly to the PC via USB 3.0...
  7. How to logout of a map drive or a network drive

How to logout of a map drive or a network drive: hi, is there a way to logout of a network drive in Windows 10 ? I can log into my NAS mapped drive but if I want to log into the same drive with a different user, I cannot, as there is no option to logout. It's just easier when testing privileges set for users using the...
  8. mapping drives

mapping drives: a mapped fileon a nas does not appear in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapping-drives/3a64c372-5ac3-48ff-a979-859635f00820"
  9. Mapped Drive

Mapped Drive: Hello, I have two mapped network drives, one is 1 tb, the other is 10tb. The issue is that when I go into This PC in the file explorer, windows shows that they have 87.7mb free of 92.9mb. This is true for all drives mapped, no matter the size or what is on them. This...
  10. map drive

map drive: Desktop win 10 updates all done. My dlink DIR880L router has two WD usb drives attached. I need to map these drives. On file explorer- This PC the router shows but not the drives. A double click on the router gives me four folders, one is browse folders that will open to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows drive mapping permissions

2. how to give permissions to a mapped drive

3. correct permissions for mapped drive

4. how to allow permissions on windows 10 to save to a mapped drive,
  5. mapped drive permissions,
  6. how to set windows permissions with cloudberry mapped drive