Windows 10: how to set pin login back

Discus and support how to set pin login back in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, My windows 10 pc is back from HP repair. All is like before, except the pin login is not there. I have to use my password. How can I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by trogne, May 1, 2017.

1. trogne Win User

how to set pin login back

Hello,

My windows 10 pc is back from HP repair.

All is like before, except the pin login is not there. I have to use my password.

How can I set back the pin login ?

If I go to "Settings", "Sign-in options", and click "Add" under "PIN", it ask me for my password.
    I enter my password, then screen close. I cannot even enter a PIN.

What's going on ?

:)

trogne, May 1, 2017

2. Windows 10 Change password to pin

This is not helpful. You posted the instructions on how to set up the PIN login, not how to recover the actual Login process. The original question was how can we revert to the PIN login process if we already had it set up. Unfortunately, there must have
    been some update that caused a glitch and took away our feature to use a PIN to login. On a side note, I really like the PIN login process.

Now we have to enter a PW to log in to our apps and account, which I had opted NOT to do when I was prompted a few days ago for the PIN login process.

FYI, I just bought the HP Envy AIO. I'm surprised I'm encountering errors and glitches mostly based on Win 10.

To reiterate, we want a solution to the PIN login process that was recently lost or disabled. I do not want the instructions to set it up. I want the PIN process back, up and running.

Thank you.

DAVIDHudgensOG, May 1, 2017
  3. fossdale Win User
    PIN not working after update

Hi, there's no Pin option on the login screen. In Settings it says to "Create PIN" with an "Add" button. It then asks for password and then asks for confirmation of my PIN. When I enter if the box disappears leaving me back in Sign-in Options

fossdale, May 1, 2017
  4. trogne Win User

I've deleted everything under C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

Then I could recreate the pin.

trogne, May 1, 2017
Thema:

1. how to set pin login back - Similar Threads - set pin login

2. Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login: I have had my pc for 2 years now and its been running great, however, I recently switched schools and my new school uses Microsoft apps my old school used google and my brother logged into his school account to the PC, it was after this I was forced by the computer to change...
  3. Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login: I have had my pc for 2 years now and its been running great, however, I recently switched schools and my new school uses Microsoft apps my old school used google and my brother logged into his school account to the PC, it was after this I was forced by the computer to change...
  4. How To Setup A Login PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Setup A Login PIN: I know the question is simple, but I want to make sure that I do not run into the same problem I did with my desktop computer. When I recently had Windows 11 installed on my laptop and want to setup a login PIN, however, as you know you must setup a password before you can do...
  5. How To Setup A Login PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Setup A Login PIN: I know the question is simple, but I want to make sure that I do not run into the same problem I did with my desktop computer. When I recently had Windows 11 installed on my laptop and want to setup a login PIN, however, as you know you must setup a password before you can do...
  6. how to set pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to set pin: forgot my pin... how to enable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-pin/d85b7cb0-1088-4561-b41a-d41fd1c286bb
  7. How to reset login method from PIN back to password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset login method from PIN back to password?: After a recent Windows Update, my 90 year old mother lost access to her computer. On startup, the login screen now asks for a PIN, but she has never set one. She knows her password, but there is no longer an option to enter it instead of a PIN. The only option is to reset a...
  8. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  9. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  10. Back to login screen after pin key in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Back to login screen after pin key in: Hi all Before I start to describe the problem, I will give some back ground, I have a clean installed Windows 10 Pro. I bind this laptop with my Microsoft account, meanwhile I already have another laptop that bond with my Microsoft account, I am not sure that this would...