Windows 10: How to set size of Paint canvas ?

Discus and support How to set size of Paint canvas ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am inserting images into a Paint canvas but the size of the canvas changes. How do I lock the size. thank you !... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jmorp, May 18, 2020.

1. jmorp Win User

How to set size of Paint canvas ?

I am inserting images into a Paint canvas but the size of the canvas changes. How do I lock the size. thank you !

:)

jmorp, May 18, 2020
  2. Trybird Win User

How do I customize the size of Paint 3D’s Canvas?

In Paint 3D, I can click "Canvas" icon,

How to set size of Paint canvas ? 2d997a8c-d4d4-4efd-b3e2-cdd2e13f2bb2.png

then can drag the canvas' corner to change the size of the canvas.

How to set size of Paint canvas ? c3e0ec3c-bc66-463b-93b2-a7a80205e47b.png

How to set size of Paint canvas ? 20c4f905-54b5-4281-82b5-9f53015a8470.png

Now I wanna each time while opening Paint 3D or using it, its canvas can have a fixed custom size of matching my mind.

How should I do?

Take Paint as an example to clearly explain further:

We know, we can easily customize the size of Paint’s Canvas, as for me, I can use Notepad to create a batch file named
    ResetPaintView.bat, which reads as follows:

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\View" /f /v BMPWidth /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000021

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\View" /f /v BMPHeight /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000016

(Why is its size set to so small? because I frequently paste the screenshot to Paint, so need it become small enough.)

then save it.

Each time use it, right-click on it and then run it as administrator.

This is the way that customize the size of Paint’s Canvas.

Now I wanna that Paint 3D also can customize the size of its canvas just
    simply as in Paint

Please help me.

Trybird, May 18, 2020
  3. th9o Win User
    Changing the canvas size

I know how to change the canvas size, obviously. What I mean is that when I open Paint 3D the canvas size is a weird one, I can change it, but when I open the app again it's the same weird resolution, and it's getting pretty annoying to change it every
    time. It's not a huge problem, but I'd like to know how to get 1920×1080 / 2048×2048 when I open the app.

4. Tbbhn5 Win User

Saving paintings with canvas color in Fresh Paint app

I have used canvas color feature on most of my paintings for changing the color of the background. Everything is fine except that I could not export my paintings with the canvas color changed. I have tried to dry the paintings or saving the paintings with
    multiples types of files but none of them worked: all the paintings were exported with white canvas. Is there any possible way for me to save paintings with canvas color?

I am using Fresh Paint on a Surface device running Windows 10.

Thank you.

Tbbhn5, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How to set size of Paint canvas ? - Similar Threads - set size Paint

2. How to align Paint canvas to top left as of latest update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to align Paint canvas to top left as of latest update?: As title says, the canvas in Microsoft Paint has been aligned to the top left, ever since I started using a computer, over 20 years now... And this recent update has aligned the canvas to the center with seemingly no option to have it aligned to the top left, as it's been and...
  3. In Paint, how did I change the canvas position?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Paint, how did I change the canvas position?: How can I reset this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-paint-how-did-i-change-the-canvas-position/b61d49e3-3be7-4959-8dd0-bc6c0bcf3eda
  4. In Paint, how did I change the canvas position?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Paint, how did I change the canvas position?: How can I reset this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-paint-how-did-i-change-the-canvas-position/b61d49e3-3be7-4959-8dd0-bc6c0bcf3eda
  5. How to increase the canvas' size handle in MS Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to increase the canvas' size handle in MS Paint: My employer got me an Alienware laptop to work from home with Windows 10 Pro. I use MS Paint a lot and I noticed that the resize handles are super small and I have such a difficult time finding them, especially the side one and bottom one. Furthermore, although at 100% view,...
  6. How to increase the canvas' size handle in MS Paint

How to increase the canvas' size handle in MS Paint: My employer got me an Alienware laptop to work from home with Windows 10 Pro. I use MS Paint a lot and I noticed that the resize handles are super small and I have such a difficult time finding them, especially the side one and bottom one. Furthermore, although at 100% view,...
  7. Unable to change canvas size in Fresh Paint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change canvas size in Fresh Paint: Help me with canvas size. I don’t know how to change it. Thank you guys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-canvas-size-in-fresh-paint/17b5eee5-ca0e-4e8d-aff7-12701f6a1264
  8. How does one change the canvas size in Fresh Paint?

How does one change the canvas size in Fresh Paint?: how does one change the canvas size in Fresh Paint * Moved from iE10/Win 8 * Original title: canvas size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-one-change-the-canvas-size-in-fresh-paint/c6cebed5-8497-459c-930c-9e52ded36587
  9. how to reduce size of image on canvas

how to reduce size of image on canvas: how do I reduce the size of an image on canvas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reduce-size-of-image-on-canvas/3c9605ca-e5ed-4313-a17e-0cefa107e5f3
  10. Saving paintings with canvas color in Fresh Paint app

Saving paintings with canvas color in Fresh Paint app: I have used canvas color feature on most of my paintings for changing the color of the background. Everything is fine except that I could not export my paintings with the canvas color changed. I have tried to dry the paintings or saving the paintings with multiples types of...