Windows 10: how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

Discus and support how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by APierson, Jul 31, 2015.

1. APierson Win User

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want a full-screen experience). Is there any way to set the taskbar to auto-hide only in tablet mode?

Thanks!
    Alan

:)

APierson, Jul 31, 2015

2. set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

I also really appreciate the advice from Alice. It is astonishing that Microsoft aspires to have a single operating system on multiple platforms, yet doesn't understand the fundamental importance of maximizing screen area on a tablet. My PC desktop has two
    screens and plenty of working area. My 10.1"HP tablet needs all the screen real estate it can get.

What is even more surprising is the fact that Microsoft did not react to this omission as soon as the issue was identified and fix it in one of the numerous updates - WAKE UP at the back, there!

Oh, and if MSFT wants to know how to do it, they should send a large number of $$$$ to Nibbler Apps at Free Trial - at one dollar per Windows10 tablet desktop sold, that should
    just about make up for the corporate oversight...

PortusLemanis, Jul 31, 2015
  3. alice006 Win User
    set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

We ended up downloading a third party app to hide the taskbar on our Asus Transformer. Free Trial It lets you toggle the auto-hide uniquely for tablet mode and desktop mode. Saved my husbands sanity, lol!

alice006, Jul 31, 2015
  4. nuspieds Win User

I'm also looking for the same functionality.

So far, all searches yielded negative for this functionality; thus, I can't believe that they did this to us!!! To me, the beauty of the MUI apps was the usage of the full screen real estate. Now, you switch to Tablet mode and you get the stupid Taskbar area.

Yes, I know the MUI apps still have the option to maximize to full-screen, but this--as far as I have been able to test an confirm--is done at an app by app level.

All that is needed is a new option for the Tablet Mode settings: Auto-hide Taskbar?

But if I were to really thoughtfully implement this, I'd duplicate the Desktop settings for the Taskbar fpr Tablet mode. Therefore, in Tablet mode, you could choose the location, etc.

I can't help but believe the auto-hide feature must be coming in an update because I can't believe MS can be so stupid and blind as to not see this requirement.

nuspieds, Aug 14, 2015
  5. alice006 Win User
    I don't know when Microsoft will fix it, but there's a new app that will let you configure auto-hide for tablet mode and desktop mode in Windows 10. Nibbler Apps, you can download a free trial there.

alice006, Aug 24, 2015
  6. APierson Win User
    Nice! Thanks, that looks perfect. I'll give it a try.

APierson, Aug 24, 2015
  7. nuspieds Win User
    Excellent! Thank you very much!

nuspieds, Aug 25, 2015
  8. ticoneva Win User

I wrote a little application to auto-hide the taskbar on my tablets and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. In particular, I want the taskbar to hide in landscape mode where vertical space is precious, but not in portrait mode where there is plenty of vertical space.

Features of the application:

• Auto-hide taskbar can be turned on or off independently for each combination of tablet mode and screen orientation.
    • Install for all users.
    • Free and open source.
    The application can be downloaded here:
    http://.com/software/

ticoneva, Oct 15, 2015
  9. Gonzax Win User
    it doesn't work for me, it gives an error in all my computers.

As for the Nibbler app it works ok but it still won't hide the taskbar from the start menu when in tablet mode, only when you open up an app or any other program (which is cool but not perfect)

Gonzax, Nov 16, 2015
  10. ticoneva Win User
    Would you mind letting me know what the error message is? Without knowing the details, my first guess would be the installer is not downloading the dependencies automatically.

ticoneva, Nov 25, 2015
  11. Gonzax Win User
    Attachment 50630

Gonzax, Nov 25, 2015
  12. ticoneva Win User
    ticoneva, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode? - Similar Threads - set taskbar auto

2. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  3. Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode"

Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode": New to Windows. When I'm using apps like Excel, the taskbar intrudes into the workspace. I want it to hide itself until I need it, i.e. until I cursor to it to being it out. I have taskbar setting set to automatically hide the taskbar....
  4. How to PERMANENTLY auto hide the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to PERMANENTLY auto hide the taskbar: It's a freaking bug that let the taskbar not auto hide, to get it working again I need to restart or kill the explorer process and restart it ofc. I even had a fullscreen program running and the freaking taskbar was shown and it wasn't borderless. What cause this bug and how...
  5. Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode: I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a permanent fix to this?...
  6. Summoning Start in Tablet mode When the taskbar is set to auto hide.

in Windows 10 Support
    Summoning Start in Tablet mode When the taskbar is set to auto hide.: I get the impression there is no answer to this, but just in case i`m missing something... On a windows 10 tablet (i.e. surface go) I like the task bar in 10 to auto hide, in order that applications enjoy a full screen experience with zero clutter from the task bar. Its a...
  7. App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation

App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation: Although there is an existing paid-app that automatically hides the taskbar in tablet mode, I wished for more functionalities. I ended up writing a little application and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. Features: Auto-hide taskbar can be...
  8. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  9. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information Tablet mode makes Windows easier and more intuitive to use with touch on devices like 2-in-1s, or when you...
  10. Auto hide taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide taskbar problems: My taskbar (desktop mode) would not hide. I created a virtual desktop (Windows key + Ctrl +d) just to see what that is. Now auto hide works in both desktops*Smile 28317