Windows 10: How to set the default High Contrast Theme

Discus and support How to set the default High Contrast Theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have setup a custom high contrast theme at work. When I need to share my screen with others on Skype/Lync I switch back to a standard windows them as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DougBoling, Feb 8, 2019.

1. How to set the default High Contrast Theme

I have setup a custom high contrast theme at work. When I need to share my screen with others on Skype/Lync I switch back to a standard windows them as most people are thrown off when they see a non-standard layout. Unless you are used to High Contrast it can sometimes be confusing. I use the Left-shift, left-alt, print-screen keyboard shortcut to switch back to the standard Windows theme.

When I am finished with my presentation, I again activeate the keyboard shortcut. Instead of switch back to my custom High Contrast theme, the screen resets to High Contrast #1 them which appears to be the Win 10 default for High Contrast mode.

How can I set my custom theme to be the default so I don't have to manually select my custom theme everytime?

:)

DougBoling, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

High Contrast Themes Issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Which Is the latest build installed in your computer?

To check the latest build installed in your computer
    Press Windows key + R and type winver.

Follow the Methods below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press “Windows + U” to open
    ease of access center.

2. Select Set up High contrast and customize as you required.

Method 2: Please follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right click on the desktop and select Personalize.
    • Select Themes and click on Themes settings.
    • Select any Windows default theme and check with the issue.
    Do let us know if your computer display is back to normal. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 8, 2019
  3. how to turn off high contrast

Hi,

Follow these steps on how to turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows:

• Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn high contrast mode on or off from the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner and choose High Contrast.
    • To turn high contrast on or off from the keyboard, press left Alt + left Shift + Print
      Screen.

Keep us updated with the result.

Marvin Barc, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

How to set the default High Contrast Theme

High Contrast Theme Problem

You can check out this thread: Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums

It's different themes by Ten Forums members. There are four types 1) Aero(windows default), 2) Aero Lite(added color to the Title bars when it wasn't supported), 3) High Contrast, and 4) Aero Hybrid(a mix of Aero and High Contrast using registry setting, but it doesn't effect File Explorer and control Panel, but does effect web sites that use system color settings).

The first page has an Excel sheet listing with short descriptions of each theme and links to them in the thread, as the thread has grown pretty large(170 pages!).

Maybe you can find a High Contrast that works for you. Some of the best HC themes are from @Edwin.

Cliff S, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

How to set the default High Contrast Theme

1. How to set the default High Contrast Theme - Similar Threads - set default High

2. How do I disable High Contrast when I use a contrast theme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable High Contrast when I use a contrast theme?: Hi! I just think it is annoying to have so many random colors when I use a contrast theme on windows. I am not colorblind or anything so I see perfectly fine with the contrast theme on. Do you have a solution? If not, is there an app that can change the theme instead?...
  3. How do I disable High Contrast when I use a contrast theme?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable High Contrast when I use a contrast theme?: Hi! I just think it is annoying to have so many random colors when I use a contrast theme on windows. I am not colorblind or anything so I see perfectly fine with the contrast theme on. Do you have a solution? If not, is there an app that can change the theme instead?...
  4. High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?: Can I set Office programs to high contrast individually without setting my entire system to high contrast? I have an OLED display, so I'm looking for as much black as possible and high contrast is perfect. submitted by /u/normiewageslave [link] [comments]...
  5. high contrast settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    high contrast settings: Is there a way to get normal color setting without high contrast just like windows 98 SE. 125154
  6. White boxes in black High Contrast theme

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White boxes in black High Contrast theme: Dear Microsoft I have been patiently waiting for this issue to be fixed for years (ever since Windows 8) but you have not fixed it, and I am tired of waiting. Maybe this is not a big deal for those, who use the standard white windows theme, but for those of us who have eye...
  7. My struggle to set a high contrast theme

My struggle to set a high contrast theme: One of the first things I always do for a new OS or a new build is to set a nice high contrast theme. That helps me a lot to see things. In Windows 8.1 and in Mint Mate that is very easy and convenient. In Windows 7 it is a bit trickier for the color selection. Now I tried...
  8. High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10

High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10: I have made a brief outline on how to apply high contrast themes in W8.1 and W10. In W7 the technique is different. High contrast is a big advantage for those like me who have a reduced vision. The outline is at my One Drive. Because of the setup I chose, it would have...
  9. High Contrast Theme Problem

High Contrast Theme Problem: After about 4 weeks of windows 10 I'm still dealing with visual clarity issues. I have bad eyesight, so I'm forced to use high contrast themes. If I use a regular 10 themes, type fonts are very grey and I cannot adjust the brightness or contrast to my liking. I've tried...
  10. High Contrast Theme Font Change

High Contrast Theme Font Change: I have to use HC themes because normal windows 10 themes are washed out and light grey text for me. The problem is I cannot change the font size, which is 9 point size for everything. I was think 10 point. A reboot does not help. Is it because of the HC theme ro...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. choose a theme setting on high contrast

2. how to make high contrast windows default

3. high contrast setting default

4. set application to use high contrast theme