Windows 10: How to set the master machine on Mouse with Borders when the second machine keeps defaulting?

Discus and support How to set the master machine on Mouse with Borders when the second machine keeps defaulting? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; im setting up the program as the steps showing, get code from machne 1 by clicking no i havent installed anywhere elsetyping code in on second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thevengefulone1, Feb 4, 2023.

1. How to set the master machine on Mouse with Borders when the second machine keeps defaulting?

im setting up the program as the steps showing, get code from machne 1 by clicking no i havent installed anywhere elsetyping code in on second machinethen the second machine gets master status

:)

Thevengefulone1, Feb 4, 2023

2. Mouse with out borders

Mouse with out borders.

Windows 7 is the master machine. Windows 10 the slave.

Master machine 1 screen, Slave triple screen.

Master will not drop (or raise) into screen 3 of slave. It will how ever exit master left or right.

It always drops into either screen 1 or 2. I can get into screen 3 if I exit the master on the extreme right.

Any advice??

Steve Houston, Feb 4, 2023
  3. sarlin326 Win User
    Mouse Without Borders Windows 10 Issue - "Mouse Disappearing"

• When you say that "try to use two or more windows 10 machines together; the mouse pointer will disappear", are you connected to domain network? How exactly the computers are connected?
    • No, the currently upgraded Windows 10 pc's are all local machines connected through a router, but they are not on our domain currently. The reason being is to test any issues that might occur before putting them on our domain.

2. When you say that "purpose of the software", which software are you referring to?

• The software I am referring to is Mouse Without Borders. It's in the title of the subject line of my question.

Your suggestion to run the troubleshooter would not register there being a problem considering everything is functioning fine except for the visibility of the mouse.

This is a common problem with Mouse Without Borders dating back to the release of Windows 10. I just thought it would have been fixed by now. A google search will verify my info.

I will reword my situation a bit. For example, I have three Windows 10 machines hooked up to router. These three computers are connected together through Mouse Without Borders to 1 mouse and 1 keyboard. This works fine with our windows 7 machines. The issue
    is when we upgraded these test pc's to Windows 10, the mouse will disappear on 2 out of the 3 pc. The primary machine that the mouse and keyboard is hooked up to you can see perfectly fine because the peripherals are hooked up to that specific pc.

Now, the mouse is working on all the windows 10 pc's, but it is not visible to the human eye on any other pc that isn't the primary pc with the mouse/keyboard hooked up to it. The only solution that people have come up with involving a quick google search
    is to hook up a physical mouse to every pc. This actually does fix the issue which means this is just a minor software glitch with Mouse Without Borders. It could be something in Windows 10 settings that is causing the mouse to disappear on the other computers,
    but no fix has been found to my knowledge. I don't want to have to hook up a mouse to every pc using Mouse Without Borders on Windows 10. I'd revert the machines back to Windows 7 before I did that.

sarlin326, Feb 4, 2023
  4. How to set the master machine on Mouse with Borders when the second machine keeps defaulting?

(Garage) Mouse Without Borders: on slave mouse scroll not working

Hi there,

Mouse Without Borders is a nice piece of software, I am enjoying it.

Everything runs smoothly (mouse, copy&paste, etc,) except for the fact that mouse scrolling is not working on the slave machine.

Both master and slave are Windows 10 machine.

On the master scroll works fine (e.g. browser) but on slave I am unable to do it.

Please advise.

Thanks

Luca

LucaRoss666, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

How to set the master machine on Mouse with Borders when the second machine keeps defaulting?

1. How to set the master machine on Mouse with Borders when the second machine keeps defaulting? - Similar Threads - set master machine

2. Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed: I've been using Mouse Without Borders for a few years now with great success. Suddenly, I have this problem where the cursor on the slave machine acts like the left mouse button is being pressed continuously when it isn't. When I move the cursor to the slave machine, it grabs...
  3. Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed: I've been using Mouse Without Borders for a few years now with great success. Suddenly, I have this problem where the cursor on the slave machine acts like the left mouse button is being pressed continuously when it isn't. When I move the cursor to the slave machine, it grabs...
  4. Mouse Without Borders: Cursor on slave machine acts like mouse button is pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to set the master machine on Mouse with Borders when the second machine keeps defaulting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set the master machine on Mouse with Borders when the second machine keeps defaulting?: im setting up the program as the steps showing, get code from machne 1 by clicking no i havent installed anywhere elsetyping code in on second machinethen the second machine gets master status...
  6. How to set the master machine on Mouse with Borders when the second machine keeps defaulting?

How to set the master machine on Mouse with Borders when the second machine keeps defaulting?: im setting up the program as the steps showing, get code from machne 1 by clicking no i havent installed anywhere elsetyping code in on second machinethen the second machine gets master status...
  7. Mouse Without Borders how to remove machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Without Borders how to remove machine: I used to have desktop A connected with desktop B through Mouse Without Borders. Recently I got a new desktop C to replace B so I only want the Mouse Without Borders to connect desktop A with C. However my MWB kept trying to connect A with B by default and because B is not on...
  8. Mouse Without Borders how to remove machine

Mouse Without Borders how to remove machine: I used to have desktop A connected with desktop B through Mouse Without Borders. Recently I got a new desktop C to replace B so I only want the Mouse Without Borders to connect desktop A with C. However my MWB kept trying to connect A with B by default and because B is not on...
  9. Mouse Without Borders how to remove machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Setting the default application with two versions on the machine?

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting the default application with two versions on the machine?: I have both Sketchup 2019 and 2020 0n my machine. However, 2019 is the default application listed for the .skp files. Of course I get and error when it tries to open a file created in the newer 2020. I tried setting the default to 2020 through the file type properties but no...