Windows 10: how to set the number of minutes before the monitor turns off

Discus and support how to set the number of minutes before the monitor turns off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My screen used to turn off automatically frequently--probably after 30-60 minutes. The last two days it hasn't turned off at all. I looked at the Power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SweetTasha, Jan 15, 2020.

1. how to set the number of minutes before the monitor turns off

My screen used to turn off automatically frequently--probably after 30-60 minutes. The last two days it hasn't turned off at all. I looked at the Power and Sleep settings, they showed 10 minutes for the display. I changed them to 5 minutes, so that I could troubleshoot more easily, but after 45 minutes the monitor still has not turned off. Here are the settings:

how to set the number of minutes before the monitor turns off e465e0ae-151e-4ae4-b487-077e1d75eb6d?upload=true.png

Two days ago, a technician remoted-in to fix a problem with my printer. It seems likely that the tech must have changed that monitor setting, but even if they did, why doesn't it now go off every 5 minutes?

Does anyone know if there is some other setting that needs to be changed?

Thanks.

:)

SweetTasha, Jan 15, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Assign monitor Numbers

Hi,

If you're pertaining to making Acer screen as the monitor 1 and the other is 2, you can just have them interchanged by going following the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop screen > Display settings.
    • Under "Select and rearrange displays", just drag the monitor basing on your choice of number; then, click on "Apply" button after.

If the above given information is not what you're pertaining to, let us know so we would know the next action we can give you.

Update us after doing the steps.

John Sarc, Jan 15, 2020
  3. dessieval Win User
    laptop hard drive turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity with external monitor, all times set on 30 minutes in settings

Hi, my laptop keeps going to sleep mode after only 2 minutes of inactivity when connected to an external monitor. I have Windows 10 Home, and in my power and sleep settings all of the turn off times are set to 30 minutes, same as in the advanced power
    settings. Also, it makes no difference if I have Multiple Displays on 'extend' or 'duplicate', or if I'm showing only on my external monitor. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated, as this is beyond annoying. Thank you!

dessieval, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

how to set the number of minutes before the monitor turns off

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

how to set the number of minutes before the monitor turns off

1. how to set the number of minutes before the monitor turns off - Similar Threads - set number minutes

2. Monitor turned off and then computer re-set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turned off and then computer re-set: I was browsing the web when my computer monitor went black. The light at the bottom indicated that the monitor was still on and functional. I wassent instantly freaked out because this happens my monitor cable issint very good so it does that sometimes. It doesn't work so I...
  3. PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly

in Windows 10 News
    PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly: [ATTACH]If your PC monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly, you can follow these solutions to get rid of this problem. There could be various reasons why your computer monitor turns off automatically after a few minutes. Here we have explained some of the common causes...
  4. Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor turn off timer keeps resetting to 20 minutes: After installing update KB5005033 my control panel setting for when the monitor turns off during inactivy keeps resetting to 20 minutes.This is one of the reasons i ususally uninstall Windows update competely, because i don't want some new "feature" or bug added to my already...
  5. Monitors will not turn off per power settings

Monitors will not turn off per power settings: My monitors do not enter power save, per my power settings. I've run troubleshooter, reset to default, changed settings, updated drivers, checked reliability monitor, unplugged all usb device, issue persists. Can anyone help with this?...
  6. Accidenitly Turned Off Monitor Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidenitly Turned Off Monitor Settings: I have a Windows 10 laptop with a broken screen. I had been using an external monitor just fine, however, I went into my settings and accidently turned off the external monitor settings. I thought I was turning off the broken, attached monitor, but it turned off my external...
  7. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

in Windows 10 Support
    monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  8. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  9. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...
  10. PC is turning completely off? Set to turn off screen at 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is turning completely off? Set to turn off screen at 10 minutes: I use the PC, walk away, and everytime it sits awhile it is off when I go back. I have to push power button, it boots showing the bios screen just like it actually is completely off. There are no lights on, the PC does not react to keyboard or mouse, only the power...