Windows 10: How to set the user file name while setting up the device

Discus and support How to set the user file name while setting up the device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I changed my user file name by following a tutorial on YouTube which told me to create an administrator account and then changing the user name through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Addyk16, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Addyk16 Win User

How to set the user file name while setting up the device

I changed my user file name by following a tutorial on YouTube which told me to create an administrator account and then changing the user name through that account and then altering a bit of windows registry and then deleting the administrator account.

The file name was changed successfully. However, all my system paths and environmental variables seems to be linked to me previous user file name. Can anyone tell me how to fix this and/or how to set the user file name after resetting my computer?

Thanks a lot

:)

Addyk16, Jan 19, 2021

2. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Changed device name but user name remained unchanged

Hi Norbert,

Changing the device name may take effect after restarting your computer. It's like making some changes to your computer and needs a restart or reboot for the changes to take effect. However, we suggest that you check if the old user profile are still on
    your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Signed out from the profile that you want to change or remove.
    • Go to System Properties.
    • Press the Windows + R on your keyboard, then yype in SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe on the dialogue box.
    • Once done, click on Settings button under User Profiles.
    • Choose the user profile that you want, then click on delete if it's still there.
    • Click Yes to confirm.

We're looking forward to your feedback

Carlos Tin, Jan 19, 2021
  4. How to set the user file name while setting up the device

Lost users files and setting after name change

Who did the name change and how exactly was it done? Please specify every step that was taken.

Did you by chance originally sign in with a MS Account and in the course of changing the name

Switch back to a local account from a Microsoft account
    ?

Did you change the name of your MS Account?

Did you only have a Local Account (no email address) and change the name in Settings or Control Panel?

How to Create a New Local User Account in Windows 10

In any of these scenarios the files should have remained in place. Was anything else done?

What accounts are listed when you open File Explorer and browse to C:\Users? Please provide a

Screenshot using Snipping Tool.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

How to set the user file name while setting up the device

1. How to set the user file name while setting up the device - Similar Threads - set user file

2. Setting up Naming Conventions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Naming Conventions: I have a huge amount of music in digital format, and there is a specific way I like it set up, as far as what columns are shown when I open a folder Name, Album, Artist, Genre, Length, Year, etc...for some reason, the column names always seem to revert back to the default. Is...
  3. Setting up Naming Conventions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up Naming Conventions: I have a huge amount of music in digital format, and there is a specific way I like it set up, as far as what columns are shown when I open a folder Name, Album, Artist, Genre, Length, Year, etc...for some reason, the column names always seem to revert back to the default. Is...
  4. Users file Name is different from settings account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users file Name is different from settings account name: This was partially solved when I asked this question earlier The below link is for context, I can send a SS if...
  5. Users file Name is different from settings account name

Users file Name is different from settings account name: This was partially solved when I asked this question earlier The below link is for context, I can send a SS if...
  6. Users file Name is different from settings account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users file Name is different from settings account name: When I open my files app and go to users it shows 3 users one of which are public. I intentionally created the two users not including the public one I know why the Public one exists but in both the usernames are different from what is mentioned in the settings. The names in...
  7. Users file Name is different from settings account name

Users file Name is different from settings account name: When I open my files app and go to users it shows 3 users one of which are public. I intentionally created the two users not including the public one I know why the Public one exists but in both the usernames are different from what is mentioned in the settings. The names in...
  8. Set up guest user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up guest user: How do I set up a guest user that has access to programs on my computer, but not my personal files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-guest-user/fe8c5af1-f430-4967-acd2-836d33d2ebeb
  9. Can't select user name in netplwiz to set up signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't select user name in netplwiz to set up signin: I would like to get rid of the need to alt-ctrl-del at startup. When I bring up netplwiz to update the user account, my user name is present but cannot be selected. Only the admin can be selected. I am the sole user, am signed in as the active user yet cannot make any changes...
  10. Setting up New User "Settings" problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up New User "Settings" problem: I am trying to set up an account for my wife on my laptop in Windows 10. I go to "Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts\Manage Accounts" I click on "Add a new user in PC settings" This opens a window "Settings" Under "Home", I am supposed to "Find a setting" That's...