Windows 10: How to set up a new microsoft account on a used computer

Discus and support How to set up a new microsoft account on a used computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I gave my laptop to my son and we're having issues with Microsoft. Can he set up his own account on that computer so it doesn't affect my laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mr Mig, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Mr Mig Win User

How to set up a new microsoft account on a used computer

I gave my laptop to my son and we're having issues with Microsoft. Can he set up his own account on that computer so it doesn't affect my laptop?

:)

Mr Mig, Dec 8, 2018
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 8, 2018
  4. How to set up a new microsoft account on a used computer

Don't want to set up my new computer through microsoft. com account. HOW do I avoid the connection to other computers in my microsoft account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type settings and select Settings.
    • Select ' Accounts'> 'Other user accounts'.
    • Under ' Manage other accounts', select 'Add an account'.
    • At the bottom of the page, select 'Sign in without a Microsoft account'.
    • Select 'Local account'.
    • Enter a name for the new account. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, and then select Next.
    • Select Finish.

Now, you can remove the Microsoft account which you have created on the computer. However, if you need to download the apps form Windows Store then you may need Microsoft account.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

How to set up a new microsoft account on a used computer

1. How to set up a new microsoft account on a used computer - Similar Threads - set microsoft account

2. Cannot set up new computer with Microsoft Business account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up new computer with Microsoft Business account: I just got a new laptop for a client that had Windows 11 Home edition on it. She has a small business so has a MS Business account. Since it was Home Edition, there was no option to set it up for a work account. So, I set it up with a local admin account using the *** Email...
  3. Cannot set up new computer with Microsoft Business account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set up new computer with Microsoft Business account: I just got a new laptop for a client that had Windows 11 Home edition on it. She has a small business so has a MS Business account. Since it was Home Edition, there was no option to set it up for a work account. So, I set it up with a local admin account using the *** Email...
  4. how to use microsoft business account email to set up new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use microsoft business account email to set up new laptop: I have a new laptop and need to use my microsoft business account to set up. How??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-microsoft-business-account-email-to-set/fc136295-9c34-4eb5-82eb-f884823075f7
  5. how to use microsoft business account email to set up new laptop

how to use microsoft business account email to set up new laptop: I have a new laptop and need to use my microsoft business account to set up. How??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-microsoft-business-account-email-to-set/fc136295-9c34-4eb5-82eb-f884823075f7
  6. Setting up a used computer for a new user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a used computer for a new user: My father gave me his computer primarily for my son's use.He has it backed up to his OneDrive but doesn't want me to delete anything at this point, just in case.I need to make myself an administrator and create a user for my son that I can put time limits on.How do I do this?...
  7. Setting up a used computer for a new user

Setting up a used computer for a new user: My father gave me his computer primarily for my son's use.He has it backed up to his OneDrive but doesn't want me to delete anything at this point, just in case.I need to make myself an administrator and create a user for my son that I can put time limits on.How do I do this?...
  8. Setting up new Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up new Microsoft Account: I can't believe I'm posting this question when there's no service. Oh well, I have a Microsoft and Xbox account tied to my personal email which my son uses. Not knowing what we were doing 10 years ago when he got an Xbox for Christmas we used my email setting it up. It...
  9. Setting up new Microsoft Account

Setting up new Microsoft Account: I can't believe I'm posting this question when there's no service. Oh well, I have a Microsoft and Xbox account tied to my personal email which my son uses. Not knowing what we were doing 10 years ago when he got an Xbox for Christmas we used my email setting it up. It...
  10. How do I set up account on used computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set up account on used computer?: How do i set up windows 10 on used computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-do-i-set-up-account-on-used-computer/583818b1-0441-48dd-a596-8726dcc6df8b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Account

2. set up microsoft account

3. set up a microsoft account

4. how to set up a microsoft account,
  5. how to set up microsoft account,
  6. how to create microsoft account,
  7. set up a new microsoft account,
  8. set microsoft account,
  9. setup microsoft account,
  10. set up new microsoft account,
  11. new computer set up microsoft account,