Windows 10: How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery

Discus and support How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have the "no battery present" problem I've done everything and now have ordered a new battery. Apparently, when I unplug the computer it does a hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Spark1999, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Spark1999 Win User

How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery

I have the "no battery present" problem I've done everything and now have ordered a new battery. Apparently, when I unplug the computer it does a hard reboot: Acer loading circle, then Windows screen, then login screen. When I merely shut the laptop lid, in the short term it opens to exactly where I left off, but over the longer term I get the Acer loading circle, Windows screen, login screen. While I am still battery-less, I would like to minimize the number of hard reboots. I think I could fix this by making a new power plan, but I'm not sure how to set it up. Do I want to hibern

:)

Spark1999, Apr 11, 2022
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Apr 11, 2022
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Apr 11, 2022
  4. How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery

low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery

1. How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery - Similar Threads - set power plan

2. Power & Battery Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  3. Power & Battery Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  4. "Power & battery" settings seem to contradikt "Plan Settings"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Power & battery" settings seem to contradikt "Plan Settings": Hi,Why are the setting in the two windoes below contradicting each other?BR,Henrik https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-battery-settings-seem-to-contradikt-plan/7782a5a9-685c-43b2-8229-ba13e7a168a6
  5. "Power & battery" settings seem to contradikt "Plan Settings"

"Power & battery" settings seem to contradikt "Plan Settings": Hi,Why are the setting in the two windoes below contradicting each other?BR,Henrik https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-battery-settings-seem-to-contradikt-plan/7782a5a9-685c-43b2-8229-ba13e7a168a6
  6. How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery

How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery: I have the "no battery present" problem I've done everything and now have ordered a new battery. Apparently, when I unplug the computer it does a hard reboot: Acer loading circle, then Windows screen, then login screen. When I merely shut the laptop lid, in the short term it...
  7. How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up a power plan for a laptop with no battery: I have the "no battery present" problem I've done everything and now have ordered a new battery. Apparently, when I unplug the computer it does a hard reboot: Acer loading circle, then Windows screen, then login screen. When I merely shut the laptop lid, in the short term it...
  8. Power plan settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power plan settings: Hello, i have a problem with adding high performance plan to my laptop Asus ZenBook 2020. As i don't see high or ultimate performance power plans nowhere in Power option panel, even under the arrow. I though i'd add one. First i went to the lower power option panel and...
  9. Laptop Battery Plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Battery Plans: Hi, my laptop goes on high performance by default when I plug it in. Similarly, it goes on power saver, when it's on battery. How do I make it go on balanced mode instead of power saver, when it's on battery? submitted by /u/MM98_ [link] [comments]...
  10. Power Plan: how to change brightness on battery / plugged in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Plan: how to change brightness on battery / plugged in?: The latest (about a week ago?) windows 10 update seems to have removed some features from the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options page and the pages underneath it. Specifically, under Change Plan Settings it seems they removed the ability to set a different...