Windows 10: How to set up a shortcut to toggle on/off the display panel?

Discus and support How to set up a shortcut to toggle on/off the display panel? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My old laptop Asus K53SD has a very interesting shortcut. When I press Fn + F7, it turns off the display but the computer keeps running i.e. it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by AltairAC, Jul 17, 2020.

1. AltairAC Win User

How to set up a shortcut to toggle on/off the display panel?

My old laptop Asus K53SD has a very interesting shortcut. When I press Fn + F7, it turns off the display but the computer keeps running i.e. it won't log out, lock, shut down or go to sleep mode. I can press any keyboard/mouse key or move the mouse around but the screen remains off. Only when I press Fn + F7 again will the display turn back on. Description from the manual:
    Is it possible to simulate this behavior in other computers? I want to set up a keyboard shortcut that will turn off the display but everything will keep running in the background and I want it so that only the shortcut can turn the display back on. Some software I found enables me to use shortcuts to turn off the display but moving the mouse or pressing any mouse/keyboard key will turn the screen back on.

:)

AltairAC, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Swapna S Win User

Power up Display is OFF

Hi Linda,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with Power up display of Windows 10.

Before proceeding further, I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be able to assist you in better way.

• What is make and model of your computer?

• Is your computer up to date?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the below method and check if it helps.

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: Create a new power plan.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows key + R, type
      powercfg.cpl in the box and press Enter.

• Select current power pan and click on
      Choose when to turn off the display on the left pane.

• Select your favorite time to display the screen and click on
      Save changes.

• If that does not help, Click on the
      Advanced power plan settings and click on Display on the Window pop up. Expand
      Turn off display after and set as Never.
    Method 2: Update Display adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Also you can download the latest updated display driver from the computer manufacturer website.

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    with Power up display of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Flundran Win User
    Flundran, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How to set up a shortcut to toggle on/off the display panel? - Similar Threads - set shortcut toggle

2. Widgets keeps on starting up even after it's toggled off in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widgets keeps on starting up even after it's toggled off in Settings: It seems the toggle feature in Windows to disable Widgets is only to remove it from your taskbar. I actually continues to run in the background along with msedgewebview2.exe which is dependent on Widgets.exe.How permanently disable Widgets from running in the background?...
  3. How to set up typing shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set up typing shortcuts?: Hi, I am wanting to set up typing shortcuts, for example if I type in syl, I want it to automatically change to see you later. I am not using microsoft word so I need it set up on my operating system rather than a program. Is this possible? Thanks...
  4. How to create a shortcut to toggle a configuration option on/off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create a shortcut to toggle a configuration option on/off: I want to create a shortcut in my taskbar that toggles button group on/off. In taskbar config there is an option to group always the buttons of similar windows or to do it just when the bar is full. I want to make a shortcut to toggle between that options. I've seen some...
  5. Nigh light toggle on Settings >> system >> display always shows off

Nigh light toggle on Settings >> system >> display always shows off: Nigh light toggle on Settings >> system >> display always shows off even when night light is turned on. if you click the toggle with the night light on, he will turn off the night light and turn the toggle on. OS build: 19041.450 report Link: https://aka.ms/AA9kmdy...
  6. Make a shortcut to toggle connection to 3rd display only?

Make a shortcut to toggle connection to 3rd display only?: Hey, thanks for reading. Here's the problem: My PC has 2 monitors (Displays 1 & 3) and is connected to the tv (Display 2.) Usually I am only using the 2 monitors so I go into display settings and disconnect Display 2 (I hate it when windows open on the screen that is turned...
  7. Shortcut key to toggle WiFi on/off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut key to toggle WiFi on/off: Whenever i enter a cafe i turn on the WiFi by clicking the icon, afterwards i close it the same way. Is there a way to make a combination of keys to toggle it? 129601
  8. Shortcut key to toggle WiFi on/off

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut key to toggle WiFi on/off: Whenever i enter a cafe i turn on the WiFi by clicking the icon, afterwards i close it the same way. Is there a way to make a combination of keys to toggle it? 129601
  9. Bluetooth toggle shortcut

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle shortcut: Hello, I would like to know if there is any way to have a shortcut for turning the bluetooth on/off Keyboard shortcut would be ideal but anything else will do, a bat file or a small app. Thank you. 93069
  10. Bluetooth toggle shortcut?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle shortcut?: Is it possible to create a clickable shortcut to toggle Bluetooth on/off? I can never seem to remember the WinKey mantras and have to look them up every time. -- Bob 23176