Windows 10: How to set up ad-hoc/wifi direct?

Discus and support How to set up ad-hoc/wifi direct? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In a few weeks, Im going somewhere where there is very slow/no internet, and I wanted to play games like Minecraft on LAN, without an internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by polp7, Jul 7, 2021.

1. polp7 Win User

How to set up ad-hoc/wifi direct?

In a few weeks, Im going somewhere where there is very slow/no internet, and I wanted to play games like Minecraft on LAN, without an internet connection. I've heard about "ad-hoc" and "Wifi Direct" But I got lost in 5 minutes. Is there any way to set up this type of connection? Maybe with Bluetooth? Im not sure

:)

polp7, Jul 7, 2021

2. WiFi ad hoc problem

I'm creating an ad hoc network to connect my desktop (running Windows 7) with a friend laptop (running XP). So I set the network and in the wireless networks list of the laptop it appear with signal strength "Excellent" but once it connect to the network the signal strength drops to "Very Low". Any ideas where the problem may be? Thank you in advance.

Grasshopper, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Ad-Hoc Wireless Network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. We would suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by "ThofikhAhamad" dated August 23rd 2015 on

how to set up ad-hoc Wireless network in Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

Regard,

Manjunath_H, Jul 7, 2021
  4. AndyD555 Win User

How do I set up an ad-hoc WiFi network in Windows 10?

The instructions are a bit misleading.

Where they say:

• Type the below-mentioned command to set up an ad hoc wireless internet connection, “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid= key=
    They mean that you should write :

• netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyNetworkName
      key=
      MyKey

AndyD555, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

1. How to set up ad-hoc/wifi direct? - Similar Threads - set hoc wifi

2. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad-Hoc Network: Hi,So I created a what I believe to be an ad-hoc network on mac os, however its not showing up on windows network display. Im using it to share files and if possible play games on lan without an internet connection. How do I connect to said adhoc network hosted on my mac...
  3. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ad-Hoc Network: Hi,So I created a what I believe to be an ad-hoc network on mac os, however its not showing up on windows network display. Im using it to share files and if possible play games on lan without an internet connection. How do I connect to said adhoc network hosted on my mac...
  4. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to set up an ad-hoc wireless network in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set up an ad-hoc wireless network in Windows 10?: I want to set up an ad-hoc wireless network because I have computers with different OS (Linux, Windows 10) and think that mesh-network is the best way for communication in this case. I suppose I should start with Windows 10. Your tip? Thanks...
  6. Ad-Hoc Wireless Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ad-Hoc Wireless Network: Aye! I have several computers with different systems, Windows 10, Linux, Android,... some have internet-access and may act as a gateway, some might act as an access point, some dont even have a keyboard/mouse - but all have a wireless network-interface-card. I dont use...
  7. creating an ad hoc Network?

creating an ad hoc Network?: In Windows 10; how do i set up an ad hoc Network on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-an-ad-hoc-network/9a3c93a5-dc3b-4881-b99a-d112bb92d9d7
  8. how to set up a ad-hoc network

how to set up a ad-hoc network: since there is no more homegroups how to set up a ad-hoc network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-to-set-up-a-ad-hoc-network/b759cfd1-5e6d-4426-997f-3978239590a2
  9. No Choice for Ad Hoc Network

No Choice for Ad Hoc Network: As part of a practice I'm doing, I was going to set up an Ad Hoc wireless network on my Windows 10 Enterprise computer. But under Network and Sharing, like this: [img] why no ad hoc choice? 113515
  10. Connecting to ad-hoc issue

Connecting to ad-hoc issue: Hello! Few days ago i runned ad-hoc acces point in my linux device. When i trying connect to it, gives me an error. Everything is fine On Windows 8. I tried many different options like connecting via cmd, turning off firewall but still nothing. Anyone knows solution...