Windows 10: How to set up and use a Headset on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support How to set up and use a Headset on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]A headset or headphone is one of the coolest devices because it gives you freedom from external noise, and deliver an immersive audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 10, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to set up and use a Headset on Windows 10 PC

WinClub, Mar 10, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How to set up and use a Headset on Windows 10 PC :p

cadaveca, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Headset microphone not working in windows 10

Thank you for the feedback. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article, it's possible that the issue lies with the hardware or it's driver. To assist you further, please provide the following information:

• Have you tried the headset on a different Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different headset on your PC?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your PC to check the headset jack for issues. Also try to reach out to the manufacturer of your headset to
    check if they have a new driver for the recent Windows 10 updates.

Keep us posted.

Jay Jap, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How to set up and use a Headset on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - set Headset

2. I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...: For context, this started because I was trying to work out how to listen to audio with two separate headsets and managed to succeed. However, when I tried to reverse what I had done after the fuss with the two headsets, my microphone became very quiet when I called on Discord...
  3. I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...: For context, this started because I was trying to work out how to listen to audio with two separate headsets and managed to succeed. However, when I tried to reverse what I had done after the fuss with the two headsets, my microphone became very quiet when I called on Discord...
  4. I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device.: Hello there! I can't help but notice that I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device, and because of that, I can't set any sound to come to my headset. I've tried multiple options that I've seen on Microsoft Answers, one of which is looking at playback devices,...
  5. I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device.

I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device.: Hello there! I can't help but notice that I can't set my USB headset as the default audio device, and because of that, I can't set any sound to come to my headset. I've tried multiple options that I've seen on Microsoft Answers, one of which is looking at playback devices,...
  6. Headset audio showing being transmitted in settings but no sound coming from it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset audio showing being transmitted in settings but no sound coming from it: I have an alien ware stereo gaming headset 310H, I use my laptop connected to a monitor with an hdmi cord, I connect my headset to my laptop and i hear no audio coming from the headset, when i open realtek audio console and i connect it to headphone or headset still nothing,...
  7. Headset audio showing being transmitted in settings but no sound coming from it

Headset audio showing being transmitted in settings but no sound coming from it: I have an alien ware stereo gaming headset 310H, I use my laptop connected to a monitor with an hdmi cord, I connect my headset to my laptop and i hear no audio coming from the headset, when i open realtek audio console and i connect it to headphone or headset still nothing,...
  8. Headset audio showing being transmitted in settings but no sound coming from it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My laptop speakers and plugged in headset are not being recognized within settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop speakers and plugged in headset are not being recognized within settings.: I can't unmute my laptop speakers and/or headset. A few days ago, with MS support, my computer was put through a complete reset and it hasn't worked since. I don't know how to correct it.Thanks....
  10. My laptop speakers and plugged in headset are not being recognized within settings.

My laptop speakers and plugged in headset are not being recognized within settings.: I can't unmute my laptop speakers and/or headset. A few days ago, with MS support, my computer was put through a complete reset and it hasn't worked since. I don't know how to correct it.Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headset set up windows 10