Windows 10: How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app

Discus and support How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently launched the Your Phone app for Windows 10 devices that aims to bring your PC and phone closer. For this article, we’re going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 8, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app

Microsoft recently launched the Your Phone app for Windows 10 devices that aims to bring your PC and phone closer. For this article, we’re going to concentrate on Windows 10 Your Phone app and Android device integration.

If you’re part of the Insider program, you can install Your Phone app on Windows 10. The app allows iOS and Android users to sync some content (including recent pictures and text messages) from their phones to their Windows 10 PC.

If you’re unfamiliar with the Your Phone app and its features, here’s how you can set up and use it on your Windows 10 PC.

How to sync data across Windows 10 PC and Android phone with Your Phone app

The Your Phone app will allow you to sync some content from your Android devices (including recent pictures and text messages) to the PC. Here’s how to set up it.

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app Join-Release-preview-ring.jpg

• Open Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Insider program and join the Release Preview Ring (just fixes and early app updates).

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app Your-Phone-app-in-Store.jpg

• Restart your PC and download the app from here.

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app Your-phone-app-in-start-menu.jpg

• Open Start menu and lookup for Your Phone app under “Y”. Or you can also use Cortana to find the app.
    • Open the Your Phone app on your PC and click Get started.

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app Your-Phone-app-in-Windows-10.jpg

• Select Link a phone option, put your phone number and Microsoft will text you the link to download an app on your Android phone.
    • The link in the text message will open Google Play Store on your Android device and you’ll be asked to install the “Microsoft Apps”.

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app Microsoft-Apps-with-Your-Phone.jpg

• In Microsoft Apps on your Android device, click “Get started” and follow the on-screen instructions.

The post How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Sep 8, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

why is there a windows 10 app for netflix?

Yes, it's no longer the windows phone OS. It's just Windows 10. And yes, the app is perfect for the phone.

rtwjunkie, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app - Similar Threads - set Phone app

2. How to use the native Windows 10 Phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use the native Windows 10 Phone app: I tried using the Phone app that comes with windows 10. After opening the app I got a message saying: Calls you make and receive on your PC will appear here. Sign in to a calling app or service on your PC, and then check back here after calling. At the top of the app, I...
  3. Your phone app

Your phone app: I have the October update, ran the your phone, got the text. installed the app on my phone. Pixel xl2, was able to connect to the phone from the computer after rebooting the phone. about 2 messages and then lost connection, only way to get it back was to reboot the phone....
  4. Your Phone App in Windows 1809

Your Phone App in Windows 1809: I took a photo on my phone to check out if the Your Phone App was working. I works fine but now I want to delete the photo from the Your Phone App. I deleted the photo from my phone & refreshed the app. The photo still appears in the Your Phone App. I can not find a way to...
  5. your phone

your phone: i want to download the your phone app but i need to update my computer, it says its up to date but its really not. i have a dell xps 15 9560 with os version 15063 but i need version 17134. is there any way i can manually do it?...
  6. 'Your Phone App' is not working.

'Your Phone App' is not working.: I have successfully installed the Windows 10 October update. I m trying to access my android phone using Your Phone app. I have linked my phone with the Microsoft account by following all the directions given. After linking my phone, Your Phone app is still showing Link Your...
  7. Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app: Microsoft’s Your Phone app is potentially a good news for anyone who uses a combination of Windows 10 and Android phone. Your Phone app aims to bring your Android and Windows 10 PC closer, basically allowing users to drag and drop pictures between their PC and an Android...
  8. Get the app on your phone, for free

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Get the app on your phone, for free: Get the app on your phone, for free It is a fraud , it is not for free . MS needs my mobile number for free , than MS and Friends can track me worldwide for free of course and get money . This a dirty trick Mr. Fakenberger like. Do you Want my mobile number , You can have...
  9. How to get rid of "Set up your phone" in Outlook.com

in Browsers and Email
    How to get rid of "Set up your phone" in Outlook.com: One small annoyance I have with Outlook.com is the notification which appears at the bottom of browser whenever I check mail: [img] My phone is set up. Clicking Close closes the notification for now but next time I open Outlook.com page it's again there. If I click Set it...
  10. How do use the MAIL app on an android phone

How do use the MAIL app on an android phone: I am currently using Windows Live and at the end of June, MS won't be syncing with the Windows 10 Mail app and guess I have to use the Mail app and I can't see how to setup on android. 54179