Windows 10: How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app

Discus and support How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently launched the Your Phone app for Windows 10 devices that aims to bring your PC and phone closer. For this article, we’re going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 8, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app

Microsoft recently launched the Your Phone app for Windows 10 devices that aims to bring your PC and phone closer. For this article, we’re going to concentrate on Windows 10 Your Phone app and Android device integration.

If you’re part of the Insider program, you can install Your Phone app on Windows 10. The app allows iOS and Android users to sync some content (including recent pictures and text messages) from their phones to their Windows 10 PC.

If you’re unfamiliar with the Your Phone app and its features, here’s how you can set up and use it on your Windows 10 PC.

How to sync data across Windows 10 PC and Android phone with Your Phone app

The Your Phone app will allow you to sync some content from your Android devices (including recent pictures and text messages) to the PC. Here’s how to set up it.

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app Join-Release-preview-ring.jpg

• Open Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Insider program and join the Release Preview Ring (just fixes and early app updates).

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app Your-Phone-app-in-Store.jpg

• Restart your PC and download the app from here.

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app Your-phone-app-in-start-menu.jpg

• Open Start menu and lookup for Your Phone app under “Y”. Or you can also use Cortana to find the app.
    • Open the Your Phone app on your PC and click Get started.

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app Your-Phone-app-in-Windows-10.jpg

• Select Link a phone option, put your phone number and Microsoft will text you the link to download an app on your Android phone.
    • The link in the text message will open Google Play Store on your Android device and you’ll be asked to install the “Microsoft Apps”.

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app Microsoft-Apps-with-Your-Phone.jpg

• In Microsoft Apps on your Android device, click “Get started” and follow the on-screen instructions.

The post How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Sep 8, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

why is there a windows 10 app for netflix?

Yes, it's no longer the windows phone OS. It's just Windows 10. And yes, the app is perfect for the phone.

rtwjunkie, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How to set up and use the Windows 10 Your Phone app - Similar Threads - set Phone app

2. Use Your Phone App In Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Your Phone App In Background: The Your Phone app is great. I mainly use the Notifications feature to stay up to date and to react to the reminders I set for myself. Especially using Windows 11 the way the notifications are integrated in the Notification Center is very clean, intuitive and helpful.My only...
  3. Use Your Phone App In Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Your Phone App In Background: The Your Phone app is great. I mainly use the Notifications feature to stay up to date and to react to the reminders I set for myself. Especially using Windows 11 the way the notifications are integrated in the Notification Center is very clean, intuitive and helpful.My only...
  4. Windows 10 Your Phone app now lets you control your phone settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Your Phone app now lets you control your phone settings: Microsoft’s Your Phone app has been around for a while now and it was updated last year with a bunch of exciting features. Your Phone app for Windows 10 currently lets you sync your photos/notifications and calls from your phone to your PC, and view Android apps on the...
  5. Your Phone App - After set up issues, app needs permissions,

Your Phone App - After set up issues, app needs permissions,: So, I set up the "Your phone" app on my HTC U11. It connected successfully but it says it needs more permissions to show my texts, call history, and/or pictures. It had all of the permissions I can give it under, Apps > Your Phone > Permissions'. Apparently this isn't enough...
  6. Can't set up the "Calls" function in the "Your Phone" app

Can't set up the "Calls" function in the "Your Phone" app: Hi, I'm trying to set up the "Calls" feature to place calls from my PC via my Nokia 7.2 Android 10 phone. Everything else works fine: Messages, Notifications and Photos. The phone and PC are paired via Bluetooth, the Settings app shows the phone is "connected" icon =...
  7. How to set up and use calls in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up and use calls in Your Phone app: [ATTACH]If you have been using Windows for some time, we all have a common craving to make and receive calls from Windows computers. I remember […] This article How to set up and use calls in Your Phone app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Your Phone app in Windows 10 can now use wallpaper from your phone

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app in Windows 10 can now use wallpaper from your phone: Because #yourphone is, well, *your* phone, we wanted to make it feel as such on your PC. Rolling out now to #windowsinsiders (at 50%) you can enjoy your phone wallpaper being applied with acrylic transparency to the nav bar + larger icon. PS: Calls is now fully rolled out at...
  9. How to use Your Phone app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Your Phone app in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has invested a lot in both the Android and iOS ecosystem. One of the efforts made is Your Phone app. Its a built-in feature in Windows 10, which brings notifications, the ability to reply to them, receive and send [...] This post How to use Your...
  10. How do you set the name of a phone in the "Your Phone" app

How do you set the name of a phone in the "Your Phone" app: Mine shows up as this annoying name: [ATTACH] I have tried removing the device and re-adding it, but the same result. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-set-the-name-of-a-phone-in-the-your/9639e258-6ba3-48fd-9913-fe4419054e0a