Windows 10: How to set up AppLocker restrictions on Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support How to set up AppLocker restrictions on Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm installing an office PC in a small business and I was wondering how do I enable AppLocker restrictions? It seems like I've set them up in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ahmd, May 30, 2019.

1. ahmd Win User

How to set up AppLocker restrictions on Windows 10 Pro?

I'm installing an office PC in a small business and I was wondering how do I enable AppLocker restrictions?

It seems like I've set them up in the gpedit.msc console, then started up AppIdentity service (set it to auto-run) but no matter what I do, the restrictions are not enabled, even though this site says that AppLocker is supported on Windows 10 Pro.

Any idea how to use that AppLocker on Win10?

PS. I want to white-list which software (executables) and what types of files can be opened on that machine.

:)

2. John_NL Win User

AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads

It's now March 2017, this problem is dragging on since August 2015. I've installed Windows 10 Pro in total 4 times on two machines because of this issue.

My conclusion is that some installer changes the working of AppLocker. But, Windows 10 Pro lacks the ability to change AppLocker settings (you cannot even switch on or off its identity service).

Interestingly, the many people here on 'answers'.microsoft.com trying to answer this question all come up with the same suggestions that do not work (in my case):

• wsreset.exe or run the troubleshooter for apps (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...790db/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps)
    • Adjust the settings of AppLocker in Local Security Policy (in secpol.msc). This obviously does not work because Windows 10 Pro is not supposed to have AppLocker at all. AppLocker is only available in Enterprise versions.
    • Fiddle around with permission settings
    • Create c:\Windows\AppReadiness
    • Reinstall Windows 10 Pro

The Pro in Windows 10 Pro stands for Probably.: Probably you need to reinstall.

For Microsoft (if you want to do something):

a. The trouble shooter mentions a 'possible' problem with the Store cache. But is does not offer/is unable to do a repair

b. Doing a harddisk chkdsk could result in a blue screen of death and a subsequent repair of Windows (to a previous version).

c. Sometimes (at least in my current installed system), it is possible to add a new user to the system, but that user's settings are defected. That user cannot use the start-menu at all, looks like an even more serious problem there.

John_NL, May 30, 2019
  3. Applocker enforcement on Windows 10 Pro

As far as I understand, Applocker can be configured on Windows 10 Enterprise and Server 2012 R2. Would I be able to create a group policy on our 2012 R2 AD server and enforce applocker policies on Windows 10 Pro installations on the domain?

Christopher Nelms, May 30, 2019
  4. How to set up AppLocker restrictions on Windows 10 Pro?

Applocker in Windows 10 Pro 1803: Does not seem to work

I read in Features removed or planned for replacement starting with Windows 10, version
    that Applocker was replacing Software Restriction Policies. I upgraded to 1803, and set up an initial Applocker configuration. I also edited the Registry so that the Application Identity Service would start automatically upon boot. Applocker, however,
    does not appear to be working when I tried to launch various programs that should be blocked by Applocker. I noted in the Event Viewer Event 8008: appidsvc.dll: AppLocker component not available on this SKU, for each of the 4 times that I have rebooted the
    PC

Three Questions:

1. Am I doing something incorrectly based upon what I shared, and if so, what is the fix?

2. Is there some other setup item that I need to do?

3. Is Applocker simply still non-functional in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, even given Microsoft's announcement?

Thank you.

mrssmith65, May 30, 2019
Thema:

How to set up AppLocker restrictions on Windows 10 Pro?

1. How to set up AppLocker restrictions on Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - set AppLocker restrictions

2. Windows Pro with active AppLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Pro with active AppLocker: Hello, After the November Windows update, the AppLocker was activated on the Windows 10 PRO version and all the AppLocker rules from the server were extended to this Windows Pro.I will add that I also distributed this November update to other Windows 10 pro computers on which...
  3. Windows Pro with active AppLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro with active AppLocker: Hello, After the November Windows update, the AppLocker was activated on the Windows 10 PRO version and all the AppLocker rules from the server were extended to this Windows Pro.I will add that I also distributed this November update to other Windows 10 pro computers on which...
  4. Windows Pro with active AppLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to unlock system settings using Applocker on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to unlock system settings using Applocker on Win10: Hi, All Below is the command I use to lock apps on win10. System Settings start ms-settings:is inaccessible after running it. But the System Settings is still locked after I removing all the deny rules in secpol.msc, why? What should I do to just unlock System Settings...
  6. AppLocker blocking Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    AppLocker blocking Windows Settings: Hi, I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB OS version 1607 OS build 14393.0 and I am trying to configure some settings for AppLocker. I have only created the basic rules, but after some time after a gpupdate I have difficulties launching the Windows Settingseven as an...
  7. Can AppLocker restrict services?

Can AppLocker restrict services?: Does anyone know if AppLocker can restrict services? After testing, I believe the answer is no, but I don't see this limitation expressed in any documentation. My testing was as follows: X Create an AppLocker rule, dening execution of badcommand.exe to everyone X From the...
  8. Applocker in Windows 10 Education Pro

Applocker in Windows 10 Education Pro: I want to turn of AppLocker. Could you please guide me how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applocker-in-windows-10-education-pro/c77d911e-1fc3-4bd3-bda4-43ac1115184e"
  9. How to set up AppLocker restrictions on Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up AppLocker restrictions on Windows 10 Pro?: I'm installing an office PC in a small business and I was wondering how do I enable AppLocker restrictions? It seems like I've set them up in the gpedit.msc console, then started up AppIdentity service (set it to auto-run) but no matter what I do, the restrictions are not...
  10. Setting up Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I got a faster computer because I work part time in the 3D industry. So I decided to get Windows 10 Pro as it wasn't that much more in the bundled software that came with my custom rig. I'm very close to shutting down this older machine and bringing this one fully...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appidsvc.dll: applocker component not available on this sku.

2. how to block application win110

3. applocker component not available on this sku.

4. setup applocker windows 10,
  5. srpapi.dll AppLocker component not available on this SKU.,
  6. applocker for windows 10 pro,
  7. applocker windows 10 pro,
  8. what version of windows does applocker work on,
  9. windows 10 pro will support applocker,
  10. windows 10 change applocker settings,
  11. applocked for windows 10 pofessional,
  12. how to change applocker win 10