Windows 10: How to set up elevated process to run at user logon?

Discus and support How to set up elevated process to run at user logon? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Don't get the hump. It was a good enough idea. I tried it as it as I was interested to see if you'd found a workaround. It just so happens the OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ahmd, Mar 22, 2017.

1. f14tomcat Win User

How to set up elevated process to run at user logon?

Not getting the "hump" as you say. This is a public forum.

f14tomcat, Mar 22, 2017
  2. ahmd Win User

Thank you for trying to help guys. And no, that approach with the start folder didn't work. Neither did putting it into the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key, I found elsewhere.

The sad truth about this is that any malware could easily bypass this restriction by installing itself as a service. I on the other hand would not be able to run this program as such. I tried and it just hangs up taking up CPU.

Otherwise all other approaches bring it back to the manual solution of clicking something.

I appreciate your sarcasm about docking someone's pay for not clicking the button. But as I said earlier, I'm trying to help and not hurt.

Lastly, about rewriting this executable. Yes, it would probably fix it. Although as you can imagine would never happen. We did not develop it in-house and it would cost many and many thousands of $$ to do, which the owner of the company would never go for.

So I guess it's back to clicking the button... *Sad

PS. Unless I find some 3rd party program that would do it for me.

Thema:

How to set up elevated process to run at user logon?

1. How to set up elevated process to run at user logon? - Similar Threads - set elevated process

2. run a legacy cpl elevated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    run a legacy cpl elevated: Evertime I try to open a folder a windows notification appear saying run a legacy cpl elevated and don't matter if i allow or not it keep appearing and i cannot open the folder...
  3. run a legacy cpl elevated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    run a legacy cpl elevated: Evertime I try to open a folder a windows notification appear saying run a legacy cpl elevated and don't matter if i allow or not it keep appearing and i cannot open the folder...
  4. Logon Process Initalization Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logon Process Initalization Failure: So earlier today i logged onto my laptop, and was greeted with an automatic repair load. I ignored it until i received this text box. "Interactive Logon process intiallization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details. I turned my computer on and off. Until i...
  5. Logon Process Initalization Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logon Process Initalization Failure: So earlier today i logged onto my laptop, and was greeted with an automatic repair load. I ignored it until i received this text box. "Interactive Logon process intiallization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details. I turned my computer on and off. Until i...
  6. How do I set up the fingerprint logon as a domain user login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I set up the fingerprint logon as a domain user login?: I was able to get it set up the fingerprint login for a local user logon. But i am not able to set it up for a domain user login. I know it is possible. My dad has the same computer and was able to get it to work....
  7. Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon: I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out...
  8. Processes running for each user.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Processes running for each user.: Just about every process I have running is running for both the admin account and a standard user account, e.g.CCleaner64.exe user name Admin, CCleaner64.exe user name "my name" Does this mean I am doubling the amount of ram and CPU resources being used? Why are the Admin's...
  9. Processes with elevation terminated randomly?

in Windows 10 Support
    Processes with elevation terminated randomly?: Lately, I've been experiencing a weird and new problem: Programs I run with elevation (i.e. as Administrator) have been randomly terminated. I'm not sure why this is happening. Is this a new Windows 10 security feature? Examples: I run Process Hacker with elevation to...
  10. See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10: How to: See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10 [img] Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID. Some...