Windows 10: How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet

Discus and support How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer and my brother's run Windows 10 Pro and my father's computer is running Windows 8.1 Pro (both 64-Bit) My family has been using a wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrokenDaily, Oct 25, 2019.

1. How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet

My computer and my brother's run Windows 10 Pro and my father's computer is running Windows 8.1 Pro (both 64-Bit)

My family has been using a wireless internet plan for a LONG time, but with our block now wired for fiber optic, and the line extended to our house, the only thing left to do is to buy the plan, get the modem, and set our house up, but frankly, with all the research me and my father have done, we're either missing something, or we're over-complicating it somehow

If our house gets wired for fiber optic, how would we go setting it up for 3 computers all wanting to connect by way of Ethernet?

Me and my brother use the internet for either gaming or other stuff, while my father uses the internet for light Facebook gaming (he really loves his spades plus game), maybe a little bit of RUST (my brother is trying to get him interested), and overall uses it for family genealogy with some smatterings of paying bills online and the like

If we wanted to switch from a wireless internet plan to a fiber optic internet plan, besides the modem that would come with said plan, what hardware would we need to get it set for online gaming?

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be clear, my brother does gaming on RUST, Crossout, PUBG, and to my knowledge no other online game (he did try Star Citizen, but dropped it and subsequently forgot it); I on the other hand, don't really do much heavy online gaming at all, maybe destiny 2 (PS4) if I bother to keep it updated, but otherwise I mostly stick with the single-player genre

:)

BrokenDaily, Oct 25, 2019
  2. michael Win User

Router with Fiber channel port for internet connection at home

Hi Guys,

My internet provider is ready to provide me internet through fiber channel as his internet providing(racks,switches) setup room is just 10 meters away from my home.

-Would you suggest me some routers of some equipment which can satisfy my fiber internet setup at home with WiFi facility?

-is there any adapter I can use to connect to PC(motherboard)?

-Will it be more expensive?

Thanks
    Michael.

michael, Oct 25, 2019
  3. 10mbps fiber optic dsl or 20mbps cable

I just switched from 20mbps cable to 10 fiber optic, and i hear fiber optic is a lot faster, is this true?

-1nf1n1ty-, Oct 25, 2019
  4. How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet

Google Fiber Internet Problem

Sorry for responding so late. I did everything that was listed on that link and none worked. I also contacted Google Fiber and they told me they couldn't do anything and didn't even give possible causes or solutions for my problem How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet :(

William Spadaro, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet

1. How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet - Similar Threads - Set Fiber Optic

2. Locked Optic Fiber Cables Naif Batarfi's STC Modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Optic Fiber Cables Naif Batarfi's STC Modem: Alright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-optic-fiber-cables-naif-batarfis-stc-modem/f47115a7-fe25-4c45-ae59-d4f571eac28b
  3. Locked Optic Fiber Cables Naif Batarfi's STC Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked Optic Fiber Cables Naif Batarfi's STC Modem: Alright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-optic-fiber-cables-naif-batarfis-stc-modem/f47115a7-fe25-4c45-ae59-d4f571eac28b
  4. Disconnected Optic Fiber Cables Naif Batarfi's STC Modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnected Optic Fiber Cables Naif Batarfi's STC Modem: Bader Batarfi Pull and down Disconnected Optical Fiber Cable Naif Batarfi's STC Modem and Tissue Water Optical Fiber Cable Naif Batarfi's STC Modem No Disconnected Optical Fiber Cable...
  5. Disconnected Optic Fiber Cables Naif Batarfi's STC Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disconnected Optic Fiber Cables Naif Batarfi's STC Modem: Bader Batarfi Pull and down Disconnected Optical Fiber Cable Naif Batarfi's STC Modem and Tissue Water Optical Fiber Cable Naif Batarfi's STC Modem No Disconnected Optical Fiber Cable...
  6. Upgrade to fiber optics - pc abysmally slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to fiber optics - pc abysmally slow: Hey all, my pc is abysmally slow (18mbps down/ 0 mbps up).. everything was great, but today I switched to fiber with ATT for faster speeds.. is there something in Windows 10 that is a setting where it throttles/bottlenecks the internet speed? I don’t know what would have set...
  7. laplink - with fiber optic usb 3 SHARE FILES FAST ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laplink - with fiber optic usb 3 SHARE FILES FAST ?: So I am thinking on taking this cable : a driverless usb 3 [ATTACH] and then getting this : USB 3.0 Fiber Optic Cable 95ft, CableCreation Active USB 3.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cord with Micro USB Power Supply Port, High Speed 5Gbps, Zinc... Size:95ft [ATTACH] That...
  8. Just Got My Fiber Optic Installed! WOW!!

Just Got My Fiber Optic Installed! WOW!!: I have always had mediocre net access. Download speeds of maybe 70 mbps and uploads of.. Pathetic... 25 mbps. So I forked out the bucks for Fiber Optic. The package I chose was the 300 X 300. O! And just for signing up thy gave me a "Samsung 55 Inch 4K TV." *Wink My main...
  9. Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet)

Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet): From what I researched and remember, ethernet switches parse the internet evenly between connected devices on said switch so no one computer/device gets a leg up over the other, but it has no firewall capabilities like some routers do (unless there are switches with firewalls...
  10. Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet): From what I researched and remember, ethernet switches parse the internet evenly between connected devices on said switch so no one computer/device gets a leg up over the other, but it has no firewall capabilities like some routers do (unless there are switches with firewalls...