Windows 10: How to set up Hyper-V USB Passthrough on Windows 11

Discus and support How to set up Hyper-V USB Passthrough on Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]USB Passthrough in Hyper-V allows you to copy and paste critical files to and from the Virtual Machine. By default, USB Passthrough is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 22, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

How to set up Hyper-V USB Passthrough on Windows 11

How to set up Hyper-V USB Passthrough on Windows 11 [​IMG]
    USB Passthrough in Hyper-V allows you to copy and paste critical files to and from the Virtual Machine. By default, USB Passthrough is not enabled, and one needs to turn it on if they want to perform the mentioned activities. In this post, we will learn how you can set up Hyper-V USB Passthrough on […]

This article How to set up Hyper-V USB Passthrough on Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 22, 2023

2. windows 11 Pro hosting VM using hyper-v USB comport needed

Hi, I'm Elise, and I'd be happy to help with your issue.

You would need to enable USB passthrough, for steps on how to do this please see this guide:

https://adamtheautomator.com/hyper-v-usb-passth...

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Elise

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

EliseM_456, Oct 22, 2023
  3. Scott R76 Win User
    existing storage passthrough hyper-v

Hi

I have an existing storage pool on a windows 10 computer. I'm going to set up a vm of server essentials 2016 hosted on a hyper-v server 2016. At the moment I'm still testing on my win 10 computer with hyper-v installed. I would like my vm of server essentials
    to manage my existing storage pool. I have taken the pool offline and used disk passthrough so my vm can access it. The disk shows up in the vm but it is not recognized as a storage pool just as a disk. this is strange as it is actually 2 disks pooled. Can
    I get the server essentails vm to take control of the existing pool? Is this because my host (win 10) has storage spaces and being the host automatically claims it.?

Thanks!

Scott R76, Oct 22, 2023
  4. How to set up Hyper-V USB Passthrough on Windows 11

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 22, 2023
Thema:

How to set up Hyper-V USB Passthrough on Windows 11

1. How to set up Hyper-V USB Passthrough on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - set Hyper USB

2. Windows 11 Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Hyper-V: Hyper-V does not seem to turn off in Windows 11 home. VirtualBox reports the green turtle, Hypet-V in use after deselecting all Hyper-v radio boxes and running appropriate commands in cmd and ps....
  3. Windows 11 Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Hyper-V: Hyper-V does not seem to turn off in Windows 11 home. VirtualBox reports the green turtle, Hypet-V in use after deselecting all Hyper-v radio boxes and running appropriate commands in cmd and ps....
  4. Adapter settings in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adapter settings in Hyper-V: Hello in Hyper-V Manager Action Settings, I am trying to select those settings that I need to get my Windows XP virtual computer connected to the network. From what I have read online, I need to select the Legacy Network Adapter item and click the Add button to create a...
  5. How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to remove old Hyper-V settings for virgin reinstall of Hyper-V?: I had been using Hyper-V on Windows Pro to test routers, and had a quad nic installed while doing the testing. Now I completed that, and have removed the NIC to use in a server, but my Hyper-V is hosed. I uninstalled Hyper-V and then reinstalled, but it seems to retain the...
  6. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  7. Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines

Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi, I was wondering if all I really need to do to backup activated virtual machines but not associated virtual hard drives is just to copy the virtual hard drive folder to another drive (or even one drive) . All I am really interested is in saving the machines which have...
  8. Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016

Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016: Hi there @ I can't answer your specific questions on HYPER-V but I know all about "Breaking Netflix" - even the Dog starts barking madly. !!!! I don't think there's any major problem to having a server on a home LAN (I have 2 Linux servers on a LAN plus a whole slew of...
  9. Set up Vista on Hyper-V under Windows 10, cannot connect to internet

Set up Vista on Hyper-V under Windows 10, cannot connect to internet: Dell XPS 8500 host running Windows 10 Pro x64 build 14393, Vista Ultimate SP1 x64 Gen 1 guest. I installed Vista in a Gen 1 VM but it cannot find a network adapter. I have tried both of my connectors (Ethernet external and WiFi external) but no effect. I have deleted the...
  10. how do you set up a domain/ client in hyper V?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do you set up a domain/ client in hyper V?: I have hyper v installed with 2 vitual machines os'es running and I'm trying to set up a client/server so i can pratice ad, group policy and so forth. However I can't even ping the server from the client and here is the ip for each system. client 192.168.1.101...