Windows 10: How to Set Up Internet Connection Using Windows 10

Discus and support How to Set Up Internet Connection Using Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Wireless networks are present almost everywhere to keep us connected to the internet without using cables. The good part is if you are a Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NathanJones8, Sep 11, 2019.

1. How to Set Up Internet Connection Using Windows 10

Wireless networks are present almost everywhere to keep us connected to the internet without using cables. The good part is if you are a Windows 10 user you can connect to an available Wi-Fi connection in different ways. Whether you are setting up a new device, using your computer in a new location, or looking for an efficient way to connect more than one device on your network, everything is possible.

You can connect to an internet service like the ones offered by Spectrum specials and other service providers in the US using the Taskbar, Control Panel and Command Prompt. Let’s take a look at the various ways you can get connected to Wi-Fi on Windows 10:

Connect to the Wi-Fi Network Using the Taskbar

To get this done you need to go to your Taskbar and try connecting to the internet using the Wi-Fi connectivity icon. This is one of the most straightforward and easy ways to connect to a new Wi-Fi network. Here’s what you have to do:

● Click on the wireless icon located at the bottom-right corner of the taskbar. If you don’t see the icon, click the ‘up arrow’ towards the left.

● Alternatively, you can open the Action Center. There is a shortcut for this (Windows Key + A). Then click the Network icon.

● Select the network you want to connect to.

● You can also check the “Connect Automatically” option (optional).

● Click the “Connect” button.

● Enter the network security key or password.

● Click on the Next button.

Once you have completed these steps, you will be connected to the network using your wireless device.

Connect to a Wi-Fi Network Using the Control Panel

You can also connect to the wireless network manually by using the network settings in the Control Panel. Follow the steps mentioned below:

● Open the “Control Panel”.

● Click on “Network and Internet” and then click on “Network and Sharing Center”.

● Click the “Set up a new connection or network” link.

● Select the “Manually connect to a wireless network” option.

● Click the Next button and enter the network SSID name.

● After that, use the drop-down menu and select the Security type. This must be set to security type WPA2-Personal

● Enter the network security key (password).

● Check the option that says “Start this connection automatically”.

● Click the Next button and then click Close.

Once you are done following these steps, your device will connect automatically to the network.

Connect to a Wi-Fi Network Using the Command Prompt

There is another way to connect to a Wi-Fi network too by using the netsh command line through Command Prompt. Below are the steps to follow:

● Open the Start menu and search for Command Prompt and right-click on the top result. Then select Run as administrator.

● Type in the “netsh WLAN show profile” command. This will show you available network profiles. Now press the Enter key.

● You will notice the command shows you all the wireless network profiles. You can note down the different profiles you want to use with their settings.

● Type ini “netsh wlan connect ssid=YOUR_WIFI_SSID name=PROFILE_NAME”. The command will get you connected to a Wi-Fi network. Press Enter to execute.

When you are using this command, make sure you specify the SSID of the network and profile name with the network settings.

Connecting to the internet using your Wi-Fi connection is not that difficult. You can follow the steps mentioned above and get connected to the internet. The only thing you should ensure is that you are using a secure internet connection. You can select from different internet options that provide users with security suites and other add-ons.

:)

NathanJones8, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 11, 2019
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Sep 11, 2019
  4. How to Set Up Internet Connection Using Windows 10

Unable to access internet connection with error: "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings" after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the internet connection on your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you using wired or wireless internet connection?
    • What is the model of the network adapter you are using?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check for the internet options.

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Control Panel
      , select Category and then select
      Large or Small icons
    • Click on Internet Options, go to Connections tab, click on
      LAN Settings.
    • Make sure that Proxy Server is unchecked even if using Firefox.
    • Check settings in Firefox in Tools / Options /Advanced Connections / Settings (should be either use system proxy settings or no proxy).

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Step 3: Also, try to reset the Network Adapter and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

How to Set Up Internet Connection Using Windows 10

1. How to Set Up Internet Connection Using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Set Internet Connection

2. how set up windows 10 to allow for wifi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how set up windows 10 to allow for wifi connections: My computer crashed indicating a hard drive failure. I installed a new heard drive and then loaded Windows 8 and updated to Windows 10 which came with the computer. I cannot get my wifi connections to work. I would like to go through my ISP to connect this computer....
  3. how set up windows 10 to allow for wifi connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how set up windows 10 to allow for wifi connections: My computer crashed indicating a hard drive failure. I installed a new heard drive and then loaded Windows 8 and updated to Windows 10 which came with the computer. I cannot get my wifi connections to work. I would like to go through my ISP to connect this computer....
  4. how set up windows 10 to allow for wifi connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Set up PIN - no internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up PIN - no internet connection: Hello. The motherboard from my laptop has been replaced, and now I have to change my PIN. But I need internet connection, and it's not working to connect to one. If I click on the little icon for internet, I have only airplane mode....
  6. Set up PIN - no internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up PIN - no internet connection: Hello. The motherboard from my laptop has been replaced, and now I have to change my PIN. But I need internet connection, and it's not working to connect to one. If I click on the little icon for internet, I have only airplane mode....
  7. How to set up and use a Headset on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up and use a Headset on Windows 10 PC: [ATTACH]A headset or headphone is one of the coolest devices because it gives you freedom from external noise, and deliver an immersive audio experience. While […] This article How to set up and use a Headset on Windows 10 PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows 10 Settings will not connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Settings will not connect to the internet: Windows 10 Settings will not connect to the internet but all other apps will. I am trying to add another user but it said no internet, yet the browser works well. why doesn't the Settings connect ?...
  9. How to set up an Internet connection on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up an Internet connection on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you get a new Windows computer, the first thing you would want to do is set up an Internet connection. If that’s the case, you should know that Windows 10 offers many ways to connect to the Internet. In [...] This post How to set up an Internet...
  10. How to share internet connection OF windows 10 TO a phone using USB ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share internet connection OF windows 10 TO a phone using USB ?: I see a lot of tutorials on how to share the smartphone's connection to windows 10. I'd like to do the exact opposite: I would like to connect my phone to windows 10 via USB, and use internet connection OF the pc 10, on the PHONE. I cannot find the share via usb option,...