Windows 10: How to set-up Mail on Windows 10 & document settings.

Discus and support How to set-up Mail on Windows 10 & document settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have new laptop with Windows 10 O/S. I am not very familiar with Windows 10 so when I first time setup the Mail on laptop, I did not set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Night1, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Night1 Win User

How to set-up Mail on Windows 10 & document settings.

Hello,

I have new laptop with Windows 10 O/S.

I am not very familiar with Windows 10 so when I first time setup the Mail on laptop, I did not set it up correctly.

I mainly use Outlook, Yahoo Mail & Gmail.

My questions are as below:

1. How do I go back and setup all of my 3 emails on Windows 10?

2. If I delete or uninstall all of my 3 emails would all the 3 email accounts - Outlook, Yahoo Mail & Gmail accounts will also get deleted from my 2 Android mobile phones?

3 In order to setup default program to open & read any document on Windows 10 do I have to have Microsoft Word program downloaded & installed on my laptop? Or document can be opened in Windows 10 by just making proper adjustments in Settings will be enough to open any documents, specially, any word processing documents?

Early reply will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mehta

:)

Night1, Jan 11, 2020

2. documents and settings in windows 10?

Since

• "C:\Documents and Settings" folder no longer exists on Windows 10
    • Windows 10 has an inaccessible shortcut named "C:\Documents and Settings folder" which returns "Access Denied"

If we can find a way, can we delete the now defunct "C:\Documents and Settings" folders/shortcut?

ExpertNovice, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Jan 11, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

1. How to set-up Mail on Windows 10 & document settings. - Similar Threads - set Mail document

2. Setting up Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up Windows 10 Mail: I've tried repeatedly to set up my email account in Windows 10 Mail on a new laptop. "We couldn't find your settings" comes up each time. I can go directly to the server and gain immediate access. What's wrong?...
  3. Set up windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up windows 10 mail: How exacly can I stop the password change when I try to set up windows 10 mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-windows-10-mail/e459f805-6aac-4b89-b84c-900066943ecf
  4. How to Set-Up Comcast Mail-Account on Windows 10?

How to Set-Up Comcast Mail-Account on Windows 10?: Hello: I just got a desktop with Windows 10 and attempted to set-up my three different Comcast Mail-Accounts. There are a lot of informations on this, however none of them offering a good answer, .... Unable to Set-Up my Mail account, even I went to Comcast web-site in...
  5. Setting up Folderds in Windows 10 Mail

Setting up Folderds in Windows 10 Mail: I am reposting this query as my last attempt was not satisfied. A few days ago I ran into a problem where Windows 10 would not start up and I was unable to reload Windows 10 onto my hard drive. To cut a long story short I decided to replace the drive with an SSD which I...
  6. Setting up Folders Windows 10 Mail

Setting up Folders Windows 10 Mail: On the GMAIL account I can see a + sign next to All Folders which enables me to set up more folders. However there is no + sign on the two internet accounts. How can I set up folders on these accounts?...
  7. Windows 10 Mail Set up

Windows 10 Mail Set up: I am having a heck of a time setting up my Mail account. I can send mail fine, but never get any incoming mail. I used the settings that from my old Outlook mail but maybe they're outdated?...
  8. Mail set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail set up: I need help with Mail set up on windows 10. The system keep asking me to fix my account by entering password. After I have inserted the password, it does not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-set-up/6f2b3214-a4ed-435a-8aa6-3f700a1c6236
  9. Cannot set up mail on Windows 10 mail or outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot set up mail on Windows 10 mail or outlook: Hi, I would like to ask for help as to why I cannot set up any of my email accounts on my Windows 10 mail or on Outlook. Please see photo below on the error for Windows mail. Is this because of a network error? But my internet is working just fine. Or because I am using...
  10. Setting up mail.

in Browsers and Email
    Setting up mail.: Having just downloaded Win 10, (I think its great) I find I cannot activate my email. I got my Gmail account working OK. I've tried all the set up procedures without success. I must have missed something. Can anyone advise? 49454