Windows 10: How to set up monitors so that one monitor only shows desktop backgroind until a slide show...

Discus and support How to set up monitors so that one monitor only shows desktop backgroind until a slide show... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; With my old laptop now scrapped I could arrange for a display monitor or a projector to only show the laptop background until my slideshow began in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris Kay2, Jul 17, 2023.

1. How to set up monitors so that one monitor only shows desktop backgroind until a slide show...

With my old laptop now scrapped I could arrange for a display monitor or a projector to only show the laptop background until my slideshow began in presentation mode. With my new laptop I can not stop it showing/projrcting what is on my laptop screen until the presentation begins. What am I doing wrong?

:)

Chris Kay2, Jul 17, 2023
  2. Guy C Win User

Set desktop background to slide show a different image per monitor.

Hi all,

Shortly after I upgraded to Win 10 I went to the control panel to set up my desktop background to slide show through a specific folder of images. This worked fine but had an unexpected side effect; each one of my monitors (I've 3) showed a different image from the slide show. Right clicking on the desktop and choosing "Next desktop background" would change just one monitor's image, doing it again would change another and doing it again would change the third.

As I said this was unexpected as I was on Win 7 previously where the monitors always showed the same image in the slide show. However I decided I liked the effect and left it at that. When I restarted my machine I found it had returned to the old Win 7 behaviour; same image on each monitor and using the "Next desktop background" option changed all the monitors to the same new image. No I could find no way to return to the other behaviour until I restarted again and found it had returned of it's own accord.

I have since restarted multiple times and now seem to be stuck with the Win 7 behaviour with the added note that the backgrounds are changing more often than they should. They are set to a 30 minute interval and they generally stick to that but as I wrote that last sentence they changed twice in quick succession (about 5 seconds apart...).

Ideally I would like to get back to having a different slide show on each monitor. Anyone know how?

Thanks in advance!

Guy C, Jul 17, 2023
  3. WEBPC Win User
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Slide show only shows on 1 monitor

Windows 10 pro clean install.

I have configured the lock screen to a slide show. However, The images are only showing on the primary monitor and not the secondary.

In W8.1 the slide show displayed on both.

Where is the setting to fix this?

TIA

WEBPC, Jul 17, 2023
  4. How to set up monitors so that one monitor only shows desktop backgroind until a slide show...

Desktop theme slide show

Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

I would like to inform you that, theme slide show cannot be done on windows 10. However after applying a theme you can create a desktop background slide show.

To create a desktop background slide show follow the steps below:

• Right click on the blank space on Desktop.

• From the menu select Personalize.

• On the windows, click on the
      background.

• From the drop down menu select slide show.

• Browse the albums that you want to set as slide show.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jul 17, 2023
Thema:

How to set up monitors so that one monitor only shows desktop backgroind until a slide show...

1. How to set up monitors so that one monitor only shows desktop backgroind until a slide show... - Similar Threads - set monitors monitor

2. How to set up monitors so that one monitor only shows desktop backgroind until a slide show...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up monitors so that one monitor only shows desktop backgroind until a slide show...: With my old laptop now scrapped I could arrange for a display monitor or a projector to only show the laptop background until my slideshow began in presentation mode. With my new laptop I can not stop it showing/projrcting what is on my laptop screen until the presentation...
  3. How to set up monitors so that one monitor only shows desktop backgroind until a slide show...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set up monitors so that one monitor only shows desktop backgroind until a slide show...: With my old laptop now scrapped I could arrange for a display monitor or a projector to only show the laptop background until my slideshow began in presentation mode. With my new laptop I can not stop it showing/projrcting what is on my laptop screen until the presentation...
  4. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  5. Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up: Restarted the PC multiple times, it seems to be affecting how certain Microsoft Suite applications functionality as well. On a multiple monitor set up, one monitor the mouse seems fine, on the second monitor, the mouse is stuck on the "working in background" affect > showing...
  6. Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up

Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up: Restarted the PC multiple times, it seems to be affecting how certain Microsoft Suite applications functionality as well. On a multiple monitor set up, one monitor the mouse seems fine, on the second monitor, the mouse is stuck on the "working in background" affect > showing...
  7. Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Slide show on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slide show on second monitor: So I have 2 monitor and I was to put a slideshow of photos on the second one only. I don't have PowerPoint and don't think I can get it. I believe I'm on a windows 10 pro version 21H2 and I normally use photo viewer for the slideshow of photos. I know the trick of holding...
  9. Slide show on second monitor

Slide show on second monitor: So I have 2 monitor and I was to put a slideshow of photos on the second one only. I don't have PowerPoint and don't think I can get it. I believe I'm on a windows 10 pro version 21H2 and I normally use photo viewer for the slideshow of photos. I know the trick of holding...
  10. Monitor slide-show problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor slide-show problem: I have a folder with almost 200 (and growing) Windows 10 backgrounds. I have my monitor set to show the pictures as backgrounds, changing every minute. However, it only shows about ten different backgrounds. I have tried re-arranging the photos in the folder and even sending...