Windows 10: how to set up my new pin

Discus and support how to set up my new pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; not able to set up new pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-my-new-pin/99166c0d-785d-4b73-abda-518fa0bdf9f9 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SRIKANTH G, Mar 4, 2022.

1. how to set up my new pin

not able to set up new pin

:)

SRIKANTH G, Mar 4, 2022
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Mar 4, 2022
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Mar 4, 2022
  4. how to set up my new pin

Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts how to set up my new pin :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 4, 2022
Thema:

how to set up my new pin

1. how to set up my new pin - Similar Threads - set pin

2. How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”: I’ve tried to troubleshoot with shift-reset and do it from there but i don't have advanced options available so i can’t do it. I also tried hard shut down on my pc 3 times to see if i can open a command prompt there, but it also didn't work. Not sure what to do anymore....
  3. How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”: I’ve tried to troubleshoot with shift-reset and do it from there but i don't have advanced options available so i can’t do it. I also tried hard shut down on my pc 3 times to see if i can open a command prompt there, but it also didn't work. Not sure what to do anymore....
  4. How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  6. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  7. why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. it says 'this option is...
  8. why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...

why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. it says 'this option is...
  9. How to fix “Something Happened and your PIN isn’t available. Set up new PIN now.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix “Something Happened and your PIN isn’t available. Set up new PIN now.”: I logged into my computer and none of my desktop apps were showing. So I followed some instructions i saw on this website and turned off startup apps and other things, then restarted my computer. Now it keeps saying “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Set up...
  10. How to fix “Something Happened and your PIN isn’t available. Set up new PIN now.”

How to fix “Something Happened and your PIN isn’t available. Set up new PIN now.”: I logged into my computer and none of my desktop apps were showing. So I followed some instructions i saw on this website and turned off startup apps and other things, then restarted my computer. Now it keeps saying “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Set up...