Windows 10: How to set up permissions for a folder to solely disable deletion

Discus and support How to set up permissions for a folder to solely disable deletion in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm working on setting up security settings on a folder for compliance that needs deletion disabled on it but needs to have file creation and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MWilcox21, Feb 21, 2019.

1. MWilcox21 Win User

How to set up permissions for a folder to solely disable deletion

Hello, I'm working on setting up security settings on a folder for compliance that needs deletion disabled on it but needs to have file creation and modification enabled on it. The problem we're running into is that when we disable the deletion permissions (delete and delete subfolders and files) in the advance security settings on the folder even without touching the other settings we can no longer with those user groups create or modify files correctly. When we use a program, any program to attempt to save a file in that folder it will save a file under the name specified but without any of the data attached. With a significant amount of testing and with using configurations that worked in Windows 7 we've been unable to find a set of permissions that will allow for saving but doesn't allow for deletion. Is there any way to set up a file with the permissions needed on windows 10?

:)

MWilcox21, Feb 21, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How to set up permissions for a folder to solely disable deletion :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How to set up permissions for a folder to solely disable deletion :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Help!! Can not delete folder

Thanks,
    Killbox beta worked great. I set it to delete on reboot. I was then able to Manually delete the folder.

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Feb 21, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

1. How to set up permissions for a folder to solely disable deletion - Similar Threads - set permissions folder

2. set permission in shared folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    set permission in shared folder: Hi pls.I have trouble with set permisiion in the home directory. Home directory is shared folder in Windows 2019 server. I am user with full access to directory. I can create folder, but if I try set permission, the explorer return error Cannot enumerate object in container ,...
  3. set permission in shared folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    set permission in shared folder: Hi pls.I have trouble with set permisiion in the home directory. Home directory is shared folder in Windows 2019 server. I am user with full access to directory. I can create folder, but if I try set permission, the explorer return error Cannot enumerate object in container ,...
  4. set permission in shared folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I haven't the permission to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I haven't the permission to delete a folder: I couldn't delete this folder from Fifa so I went to the properties and changed the owner of the folder to my pc user but I still can't delete it because I require the permission from vince my user to make changes to this folder....
  6. How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions

How to delete SYSTEM from folder permissions: Hello, i know this was asked here already: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/folder-permissions-remove-system/57f73186-4323-4d5f-ae9a-b2e95fa93706 But since windows 10 keeps deleting my audio driver and installs one that doesn't...
  7. Administrator permission to delete a folder

Administrator permission to delete a folder: Avira autorun blocker needs administrator permission to delete it, How to get this permission ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-to-delete-a-folder/8d4ff131-fddb-408d-8e98-81fe7b6c3e1f"
  8. Permission to delete file and folder

Permission to delete file and folder: [IMG]i want to delete an app from my laptop but it requires permission from system and administrator but I can't do it. Please tell me how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-delete-file-and-folder/3d51b993-bd01-4440-8d32-ac348254491d"
  9. Get permission to delete folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get permission to delete folders: Way too often, i come across a massage that says you need permission to perform this action if i try to delete a useless folder or a file on my computer. Any way to fix this? 124500
  10. administration permission set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    administration permission set up: how do you establish administrative permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administration-permission-set-up/5404f2c6-080c-415c-ab70-e8328ab22b77