Windows 10: How to set up pop3 email in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to set up pop3 email in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying for so many hours to set up my pop3 email in windows 10 but without success. Can someone help me on this please? What should I put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JenniferTan2, Jan 4, 2020.

1. How to set up pop3 email in Windows 10?

I have been trying for so many hours to set up my pop3 email in windows 10 but without success. Can someone help me on this please? What should I put in Incoming server and outgoing server boxes?

* Moved from msn

:)

JenniferTan2, Jan 4, 2020
  2. iBawbag Win User

Problem adding a POP3 email account

It does work fine with pop.

How to set up pop3 email in Windows 10? [​IMG]

It has a problem with 2 step authentication. What is the domain?
    Is your username the same as email address?

iBawbag, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Problem adding a POP3 email account

My apologies, got it working but I'd never dream of using it.
    I have to click this

How to set up pop3 email in Windows 10? [​IMG]

then select either my MS account or my POP account before I can view my emails.

It's horrible, it's like a phone app. Thunderbird for me.

Torquemada, Jan 4, 2020
  4. sddjd Win User

How to set up pop3 email in Windows 10?

POP3 email account with Outlook & Outlook Connector - Process?

Looking for some guidance/suggestions on procedure.

Scenario:

• ISP-provided, LONG established pop email account
    • Outlook used w/personal folders for contacts, email, calendar
    • Large archives (folders) of saved email (home biz related)

So, there are several questions I have about the "right" way to go about integrating these different aspects (as right as we can be since MS dumped Outlook sync that is...).

Contacts - simple enough to move them over to the Live account's contacts folder and to make only that folder visible as the address book. However, how does one make the Live contacts folder the default location
    targeted if one clicks on an email's sender and chooses "add to Outlook contacts"? Experimentation shows that this still ends up in the .pst's contacts folder. Any way to change this?

Email - First, it is NOT possible to abandon the pop3 account in favor of the .live.com address created. What is the most efficient way to interweave the pop3 mail with the Live inbox folder that's synced with
    the phone? My thoughts are to keep the various saved email folders in the pst and to check the pop3 account using the Live inbox. I know it's possible via the Live mail web interface to add a pop3 account, but how does Live handle pop3 messages in terms
    of leaving them on the server, sending from the pop3 account, etc? Would it be simpler to set up the email account as a separate pop3 account on the phone, leaving the Live sync in charge of contacts and calendar? Finally, if a pop3 account is set up on
    the phone how does it handle messages in terms of deleted on phone, deleted on server, etc?

Any options I'm not thinking of? The fly in the ointment (again, aside from lack of Outlook support) is the absolute necessity of keeping the pop3 address. I'm hoping there's a relatively seamless way to make this email account function.

Thanks for any tips/steps suggested!

sddjd, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

How to set up pop3 email in Windows 10?

1. How to set up pop3 email in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - set pop3 email

2. Windows 10 Mail APP how to set up an account as POP3 so emails are not deleted off server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail APP how to set up an account as POP3 so emails are not deleted off server: HelloI have Outlook on my PC, Also use the Native Mail app on my iPad for my POP3 mail account. I recently purchased a Laptop and decided to use the Windows 10 Mail APP instead of purchasing a separate Outlook application. What I didn't realize that this APP will DELETE...
  3. Windows 10 Mail APP how to set up an account as POP3 so emails are not deleted off server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail APP how to set up an account as POP3 so emails are not deleted off server: HelloI have Outlook on my PC, Also use the Native Mail app on my iPad for my POP3 mail account. I recently purchased a Laptop and decided to use the Windows 10 Mail APP instead of purchasing a separate Outlook application. What I didn't realize that this APP will DELETE...
  4. Windows 10 - Setting up Email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Setting up Email: My Hard Disk crashed on my desktop computer so I had to reload a new copy of Windows 10. When I did only one of my two email address's work download to the inbox. It appears it has to do with my password not being recognized as valid. I verified that it is correct by going to...
  5. pop3 email on Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    pop3 email on Windows10: I tried all settings on Windows 10 mail to add a POP3 email account on windows 10 mail. The email account works fine on windows 7 live mail. Does anyone have a solution to POP3 email account settings other than the standard published Microsoft settings?...
  6. POP3 email password

POP3 email password: I have two POP3 emails from a local provider. I have Windows 10. One email works properly but Mail keeps changing the password on the second email. To get mail, I have to delete and then re-install the second email, mail arrives, then Mail changes the password again. Why?...
  7. Windows 10 Mail & POP3

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail & POP3: I’ve been reading this thread https://www.howtogeek.com/226010/how...in-windows-10/ but i need to be able to set it to remove mail from the server - this setting has always been an option with PO3 accounts - but in Mail Version 16005.10827.20186.0 - in Account Settings -...
  8. POP3 email clients

POP3 email clients: I have Windows 10 Pro and I'm desperately trying to find a program that actually works using POP3. I've tried Yandex, Mailbird, (which I have paid full price for in 2016 and 2018 when it said POP3 with NO constructive help from them to get it to work) Thunderbird but have...
  9. Cannot set up email on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot set up email on Windows 10: Hi I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but I am at my wit's end with this and desperate for help. I recently updated my Win 8.1 laptop to Win 10. I set up my email and it worked fine. But now it doesn't and all I get is a message saying 'Not Synced Yet' followed by...
  10. Problem adding a POP3 email account

in Browsers and Email
    Problem adding a POP3 email account: I have just upgraded to Windows 10 but the mail tile won't allow me to add my usual POP3 email account. I have entered all details correctly as in Outlook Express, but it won't sync and then gives me an error code. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 15063

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set up pop3 email in windows 10

2. btmail win10 mail app settings for pop3

3. how to set up pop3 email in windows 10

4. setting up pop 3 on windows 10,
  5. pop3 setup in windows10