Windows 10: How to set up secure FTP on Windows 10

Discus and support How to set up secure FTP on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have set up FTP on a windows 10 PC and have no problem accessing the file from another network with my public IP address. As soon as I assign a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TeckyWilson, Jun 22, 2020.

1. How to set up secure FTP on Windows 10

I have set up FTP on a windows 10 PC and have no problem accessing the file from another network with my public IP address.

As soon as I assign a self assigns SSL certificate I can't access the drive.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone help?

:)

TeckyWilson, Jun 22, 2020

2. FTP security issues using Internet Explorer and File Explorer Connections

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which version of Internet Explorer?
    • Which FTP site are you trying to open?

This issue can be caused, when you try to access the FTP site from behind a Web proxy firewall such as the Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server firewall.

If you are using Internet Explorer to access the FTP site, I would suggest you check the Internet Explorer FTP client settings.

How to change the Internet Explorer FTP Client mode

• Start Internet Explorer.
    • Press the Alt key and On the Tools menu, click
      Internet Options
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Browsing, click the Enable folder view for FTP sites check box.
    • Click OK.
    • Close Internet Explorer.
    Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Jmarco0921, Jun 22, 2020
  4. How to set up secure FTP on Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

How to set up secure FTP on Windows 10

1. How to set up secure FTP on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - set secure FTP

2. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  3. Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS: Hi everyone,I'm super new to Windows Server 2016 so please bare with me.I currently have my FTP site set up using this instruction below.https://neoserver.site/help/setting-ftp-server-windows-server-2016I've found that our physical firewall was blocking port 20 and 21 so went...
  4. Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS: Hi everyone,I'm super new to Windows Server 2016 so please bare with me.I currently have my FTP site set up using this instruction below.https://neoserver.site/help/setting-ftp-server-windows-server-2016I've found that our physical firewall was blocking port 20 and 21 so went...
  5. Windows 10 Set Up Security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Set Up Security: Hi All. I am reaching out to what the best approach for remote assistance would suit, I am struggling to manage data in a compliant manner to suit all parties in addition to Windows, iOS and Android Security, to say I having a nightmare would be an understatement, any...
  6. How to set up an FTP Server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up an FTP Server on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]An FTP or File Transfer Protocol Server is a public or private server which can host files that can be accessed locally as well as globally. It is seamless, flexible and fast which means that you can store any kind of [...] This post How to set up an FTP...
  7. How do I set up File Transfer Protocol ftp in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set up File Transfer Protocol ftp in Windows 10: Where do I find ftp programme? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-set-up-file-transfer-protocol-ftp-in/569b684d-9265-4833-8246-cef8438d6102
  8. How to FTP from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to FTP from Windows 10?: I'm not sure whether this is the most appropriate forum, but I hope that the moderators will move it if there's a better one. I have tried to access FTP sites from the Edge and IE11 browsers. No go. I have also tried from a command line window (with admin rights). ftp...
  9. Setting up a simple FTP

Setting up a simple FTP: Hello there! I've decided to try to set up a small FTP server to use so that I can easily work on a project from home and from school on two different computers and it isn't going too well. I made an FTP server a few years ago so I know it's possible that I'm just making a...
  10. How to set passive mode for ftp?

How to set passive mode for ftp?: I had this set, but I can't find it, and I'm guessing an update reverted the setting... I'm trying to ftp to my FireTV, so I have a link in explorer to "ftp://192.168.1.4*Tongueort#" and it was working fine, but now it's telling me I need to set passive mode. I've googled...