Windows 10: How to set up stereo with internal pc speaker and external one

Discus and support How to set up stereo with internal pc speaker and external one in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am wondering if it is possible to set up stereo with an internal pc speaker and an external one. So far I have enabled stereo mixing, but both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Радослав П. Русев, Sep 23, 2022.

1. How to set up stereo with internal pc speaker and external one

I am wondering if it is possible to set up stereo with an internal pc speaker and an external one. So far I have enabled stereo mixing, but both speakers play the same audio windows does not differentiate between the left one pc audio and right one external speaker audio. I have browsed threads and faq's here for a while and googled it, yet I cant find an exact answer to my problem, so I wanted to ask it directly. Thank you in advance :.

:)

Радослав П. Русев, Sep 23, 2022

2. internal speakes do not turn off when external speakers are attached

Recently the internal speaker has started to join in with the external speakers, I have my stereo linked to the PC for quality sound for films etc, its most off putting hearing a third speaker, fiddles about with loads of setting but no joy, Help!

JaneLanchbury, Sep 23, 2022
  3. JoeKocek Win User
    External speaker setting

Have Toshiba L745 laptop with Window 7. Windows 10 was just installed(did it automatically I never wanted it). Besides burying my original desktop under about 3 or 4 windows my internal speakers didn't work. Made sure updates were installed. Through troubleshooting process
    I discovered that when external speakers were plugged in they worked. Further experimentation and I found that in order for the internal speakers to work I have to go into the speaker settings and manually change to speaker in order for them to work and for
    the external to work I have to go back into the settings and select headphones.

Prior to the windows 10 install the on board speakers would work and automatically toggle to external when an external speaker was plugged in.

Why now the extra step? Is there some way to have the speaker output automatically toggle like it used to?

JoeKocek, Sep 23, 2022
  4. How to set up stereo with internal pc speaker and external one

Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the
    internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and
    it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

JohnTrevorXX, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

How to set up stereo with internal pc speaker and external one

1. How to set up stereo with internal pc speaker and external one - Similar Threads - set stereo internal

2. How to set up stereo with internal pc speaker and external one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up stereo with internal pc speaker and external one: I am wondering if it is possible to set up stereo with an internal pc speaker and an external one. So far I have enabled stereo mixing, but both speakers play the same audio windows does not differentiate between the left one pc audio and right one external speaker audio. I...
  3. How to set up stereo with internal pc speaker and external one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up stereo with internal pc speaker and external one: I am wondering if it is possible to set up stereo with an internal pc speaker and an external one. So far I have enabled stereo mixing, but both speakers play the same audio windows does not differentiate between the left one pc audio and right one external speaker audio. I...
  4. How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on: Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. Windows 10. Incredibly I was innocently dusting my Del laptop keys when my computer sound (usually set on Pandora music) was muted, showing an 'x' over speaker icon on taskbar. Previously I could just click it to get it unmuted. This time it took...
  5. How do I change speaker connection from internal to external?

How do I change speaker connection from internal to external?: I have a client that has a PC that the sound emits from the internal speaker. The OS Window 10, PC is a Dell. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-speaker-connection-from-internal/159292dd-0f6b-46bf-ad29-bbd51ffd6d37
  6. external pc speakers

external pc speakers: How to connect pc speakers to pc via 'USB audio stereo sound adapter'. What changes must be made to settings & how to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-pc-speakers/a8f8dbff-74ed-45fc-b27e-7b5b553d653d
  7. 2 sets of stereo speakers joined

2 sets of stereo speakers joined: Hello, I am using a Surface Go with Windows 10 Home x64 and I have a question, is there any way to make one set of quadraphonic speakers by joining 2 sets of stereo speakers? I just want to enhance my experience with Windows 10 1st speaker: Surface Go 2nd speaker: Sony TV,...
  8. Set up Stereo Mix: audio playback on both headset and speakers

Set up Stereo Mix: audio playback on both headset and speakers: How do I set up Stereo Mix in Windows 10? In Windows 8.1 I used to set my speakers as default playback device, then enable Stereo Mix and set it to listen to my headset. Then I would get two volume controls in taskbar, one for speakers and one for headset. But now, in Windows...
  9. External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker

External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker: I am running Windows 10 Professional with current up-to-date updates on my Dell Inspiron Laptop. Several days ago I noticed that plugging in current headset no longer muted the internal speaker. I know that it is not the headset as it works perfectly on another computer....
  10. Set Up External Storage on Xbox One

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Up External Storage on Xbox One: How to: Set Up External Storage on Xbox One How to Set Up External Storage for Xbox One [img] Information The Xbox One is equipped with a 500 GB or 1 TB internal hard drive depending on which console you purchased. Most of this space is available for storing games and...