Windows 10: How To Set Up The Lan on Win10?

Discus and support How To Set Up The Lan on Win10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have enabled network discovery but still my computers cannot see each other. We have a wifi connection to the bnb router. That confuses me in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abrogard, Aug 18, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Set Up The Lan on Win10?

I have enabled network discovery but still my computers cannot see each other.

We have a wifi connection to the bnb router.

That confuses me in config screens, too, because they show that as the connection and ask private or public? Well I'm thinking of the Lan, not the internet and see the router as being part of a vast public network. But I know I want a 'private' connection.

that's when trying to follow helpful advice from various pages on the web.

many of them seem to direct me to things that no longer happen in my iteration of win10.

and when I can follow their instructions to the end i still can't see the pc's on the lan.

I get the impression MS thinks they've simplified this to the ultimate degree but I can't find how it is simply done.

Can this forum help me out, please, what's the trick?

How To Set Up The Lan on Win10? :)

:)

abrogard, Aug 18, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    LAN setting error

Hello VIỆT,

There are several reasons why you are having this issue. To assist you with your concern, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps posted by
    IT Technican Enterprise Network on this thread last March 18, 2014,
    to resolve the issue. The troubleshooting steps also apply in Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. How To Set Up The Lan on Win10? - Similar Threads - Set Lan Win10

2. How to connect Win11 to Win10 over LAN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect Win11 to Win10 over LAN?: I have a new laptop running Win11. I would like to be able to connect it to my old Win10 laptop via our LAN so I can copy files over. How do I do that?Thanks...
  3. How to connect Win11 to Win10 over LAN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect Win11 to Win10 over LAN?: I have a new laptop running Win11. I would like to be able to connect it to my old Win10 laptop via our LAN so I can copy files over. How do I do that?Thanks...
  4. Win10 repeatedly zeroes out lan adapter settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 repeatedly zeroes out lan adapter settings: For about a month now, this laptop repeatedly zeroes out lan adapter connection settings, requiring that I re-enter the values in the ethernet adapter applet, or (more conveniently) run netsh interface ipv4 set address etc ... Often but not always the zeroing out occurs...
  5. LAN Settings in Proxy Settings

LAN Settings in Proxy Settings: I have an ethernet connection for my internet in which I have to use LAN settings in Proxy settings in chrome due to which I am not able to use the internet in any app except google chrome. FYI, for google chrome too I have to go through squid authentication to access...
  6. How to Set Up a LAN that Requires No Password

How to Set Up a LAN that Requires No Password: OSs: Windows 10, 10, 8.1, 7, XP; Ubuntu I've operated this private wired LAN for several years but now with the advent of Windows 10, passwords seem to be no longer avoidable. Even "TeamViewer" requires one. First, is it possible anymore to operate a LAN without...
  7. Setting up LAN

Setting up LAN: I will be receiving a new computer shortly with Win 10 already installed. Computer does not have DVD drive. If I have to set up an internet connection using LAN to router I would appreciate an how to please. Thanks 99313
  8. Converting to IPV6 - how do I set up Local LAN addresses

Converting to IPV6 - how do I set up Local LAN addresses: Hi there ISP is migrating to IPV6 shortly. I'm going to bite the bullet and try to convert LAN adresses to IPV6 -- not sure how to do this Google isn't totally helpful on this either. I believe for the switch over period one can use something like a NAT64 gateway for...
  9. LAN Settings

LAN Settings: Hello, I am after some help with a issue that keeps happening with my PC. Every couple of days the setting, as shown in the attached pic, keeps being re ticked. This messes with how Chrome works and even with the emails. Is there some way I can stop this from being re...
  10. Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan"

Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan": I checked the bios, and the "Wake On Lan" feature is enabled, but when I go to Device Manager and open Network Adapter's properties, the "allow this device to wake the computer" is grayed out. Also I'm sure that I'm the one who disabled that feature in a previous build,...