Windows 10: How to set up typing shortcuts?

Discus and support How to set up typing shortcuts? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am wanting to set up typing shortcuts, for example if I type in syl, I want it to automatically change to see you later. I am not using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarlaMillar, Mar 5, 2021.

1. How to set up typing shortcuts?

Hi, I am wanting to set up typing shortcuts, for example if I type in syl, I want it to automatically change to see you later.

I am not using microsoft word so I need it set up on my operating system rather than a program.
    Is this possible?

Thanks

:)

CarlaMillar, Mar 5, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.How to set up typing shortcuts? :)

terrace, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Suman_B Win User
    Individualised typing shortcuts

Hi JacobusR,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you trying to configure typing shortcut in any particular application?

This issue may occur due to turning off Inking & typing personalization.

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Turn on Inking & typing personalization.

To turn on Inking & typing personalization and clear the local user dictionary.

1. Go to Start , then select Settings  >
      Privacy > Inking & typing personalization.
    2. Under Getting to know you, switch the setting to
      On

Suggest you to refer this article about Speech,
    inking, typing, and privacy.

Method 2: Turn on Text suggestions.

Right click on Start > Settings > Typing > Hardware Keyboard > Turn on Show text suggestions as I type.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Mar 5, 2021
  4. How to set up typing shortcuts?

"Settings" shortcut no longer launches the application.

Hi,

We need more information regarding your concern with your Settings shortcut. So that we can assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Settings shortcut are you pertaining to? Kindly provide us a screenshot of the shortcut that you mentioned.
    • When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Are you getting any error messages?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

How to set up typing shortcuts?

1. How to set up typing shortcuts? - Similar Threads - set typing shortcuts

2. Unable to type Taiwan bopomofo once set up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to type Taiwan bopomofo once set up.: It used to work before but now unable to type Taiwan traditional Chinese through bopomofo input method. Most of the keys has no response and sometimes came out with random words....
  3. Typing Shortcuts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Typing Shortcuts in Windows 10: Hello everyone. I just got a new laptop. My old one was so old I never used it and so am not very familiar with Windows 10. I used my iPad for pretty much everything. I’m setting up the laptop now and have had to enter my email probably a dozen times already. Is there a...
  4. "Settings" shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    "Settings" shortcut: Hi I have just reinstalled from the recovery partition on my DEL XPS 9560 W 10 Laptop. All updates have been installed MS & DELL. I would like a few adjustments made, to return it to what I had prior to the re-install. # 1 A Setting shortcut on my Desktop, I cannot for the...
  5. How do I search for files of type "shortcut?"

in Cortana
    How do I search for files of type "shortcut?": I found the Microsoft page describing Advanced Query Syntax for Windows Explorer file search, but it does not specifically address shortcut files and I can't figure out how to do it. I tried "kind: shortcut", but that just showed a few folders and files that had "shortcut" in...
  6. How to set up a shortcut to toggle on/off the display panel?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to set up a shortcut to toggle on/off the display panel?: My old laptop Asus K53SD has a very interesting shortcut. When I press Fn + F7, it turns off the display but the computer keeps running i.e. it won't log out, lock, shut down or go to sleep mode. I can press any keyboard/mouse key or move the mouse around but the screen...
  7. How do I set up my keyboard to type accents?

How do I set up my keyboard to type accents?: I had my keyboard set up to type accents by setting a setting, but now it is no longer set up like that. How do I set my keyboard to be able to type accents?...
  8. How to create a desktop shortcut to this settings menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create a desktop shortcut to this settings menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PleasantSport [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9z9xi/how_to_create_a_desktop_shortcut_to_this_settings/
  9. How to set appropriate directory columns types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set appropriate directory columns types: Windows 10 Pro here. When browsing through various directories it is showing various files that are inside. However Windows behaves differently when showing folder contents. It shows file properties on appropriate columns. Most basic and common column is "Name". By default...
  10. Individualised typing shortcuts

Individualised typing shortcuts: Trying to work out how how to set individualised shortcuts in W10. If you type the same phrase many times a day - an email address, or something technical - Health Systems Strengthening, say, I'd like to set the PC to replace aaa with an email address, and bbb with Health...