Windows 10: How to set up VLANs with an Intel Ethernet Adapter under Windows 10 pro?

Discus and support How to set up VLANs with an Intel Ethernet Adapter under Windows 10 pro? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I cannot configure my desktop to work with vlans? Any ideas on how can I do it? Thanks, Nataly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nataly_Pe, May 6, 2020.

1. Nataly_Pe Win User

How to set up VLANs with an Intel Ethernet Adapter under Windows 10 pro?

Hi,

I cannot configure my desktop to work with vlans?

Any ideas on how can I do it?

Thanks,

Nataly

:)

Nataly_Pe, May 6, 2020
  2. Grom0X Win User

New Intel Ethernet Drivers

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack Version: 24.3

Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10

What's new

Linux support for Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter XL710-QDA1 for OCP

Linux support for Intel® Ethernet Server Adapter XL710-QDA2 for OCP

Support for the Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter X710-DA2 for OCP 3.0

Support for the Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter X710-DA4 for OCP 3.0

Advanced Network Services (ANS), teaming, and VLAN configuration

Currently Team and VLAN configuration are only supported using Intel® PROSet for Windows PowerShell* Software's cmdlets. This only applies to Windows® 10.
    We plan to add Advanced Network Services, including Team and VLAN configuration to the Intel® PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility interface in a future release.

Release Notes

Grom0X, May 6, 2020
  3. How can I change the VLAN id my device is using?

I'm trying to set up a tagged vlan (vlan id = 100) with 2 notebooks and a TP-LINK TL-SG105E switch connecting them. The first notebook (Dell) is running windows 7 and has Realtek ethernet adapter, therefore it was easy to tell it to use VLAN ID 100 in the
    Realtek ethernet diagnostic utility. But the other notebook (Lenovo x230) running windows 10 has an Intel 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet adapter and has no option to set VLAN ID at all. Not even with Intel PROSet adapter configuration utlility. I've tried to set
    the vlan id in powershell on the lenovo device with "set-netadapter -name "adaptername" -vlanid 100" but it requested operation not supported on the adapter. I set the ip addresses of the two devices and the switch to the same subnet. Still nothing.

Also set up the vlan in the switch before doing anything else. Created vlan with id 100 and set all the ports (not using the switch to anything else so it can use all the port for this job) as tagged to this new vlan 100. Also set PVID for all the ports
    to 100 (tried without it first but didn't work either).

Both devices can ping the switch on it's ip address but the can't ping each other at all (Destination host unreachable). All my drivers are up to date.

Do you have any suggestions?

Azazel9088, May 6, 2020
  4. Grom0X Win User

New Intel Ethernet Drivers

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack Version: 24.2
    Date: 8/16/2019

What's new

Support for the Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter I350-T4 for OCP NIC 3.0

Advanced Network Services (ANS), teaming, and VLAN configuration

Currently Team and VLAN configuration are only supported using Intel® PROSet for Windows PowerShell* Software's cmdlets. This only applies to Windows® 10.
    We plan to add Advanced Network Services, including Team and VLAN configuration to the Intel® PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility interface in a future release.

Grom0X, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. How to set up VLANs with an Intel Ethernet Adapter under Windows 10 pro? - Similar Threads - set VLANs Intel

2. Realtek Ethernet Diagnostic Utility doesnt show VLAN settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Ethernet Diagnostic Utility doesnt show VLAN settings: hiMy ethernet adapater is Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller which doesnt support VLAN plz let me if it does and how to enable VLAN.So am using USB-Ethernet adapter Realtek USB GbE Family Controller.Earlier it was showing vlan options on the Diagnostic utility. Recently I...
  3. Realtek Ethernet Diagnostic Utility doesnt show VLAN settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Ethernet Diagnostic Utility doesnt show VLAN settings: hiMy ethernet adapater is Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller which doesnt support VLAN plz let me if it does and how to enable VLAN.So am using USB-Ethernet adapter Realtek USB GbE Family Controller.Earlier it was showing vlan options on the Diagnostic utility. Recently I...
  4. asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10: Following a windows update in June/July my company experienced an issue with the ethernet adapters we use, that being the asix ax88179. As windows does not easily allow for simple vlan tagging we use these adaptersamazon basics to program/configure/access vlan tagged...
  5. asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10: Following a windows update in June/July my company experienced an issue with the ethernet adapters we use, that being the asix ax88179. As windows does not easily allow for simple vlan tagging we use these adaptersamazon basics to program/configure/access vlan tagged...
  6. asix ax88179 usb 3.0 to gigabit ethernet adapter VLAN tags no longer working windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. VLAN Intel Nic on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VLAN Intel Nic on Windows 10: Trying to set up a vlan on the nic card on my windows 10 pc. Does anyone know how to do this in an easy way? Looking for the most helpful way I can go about this, and guides if you know of any. I'm confused about this step: 5.3 Within the Command prompt, go to APPS >...
  8. Intel Graphics Not showing under display adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Graphics Not showing under display adapters: Hello, I just built my first PC. I have a MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi mother board, a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a WD Black 1 TB NVME M.2 hard drive. I also have a ASRock Radeon RX570 4 GB graphics card installed. I am running this with a brand new Windows 10...
  9. vlan no windows 10

vlan no windows 10: minha placa e realtek a versao do driver ta atualizada, mas a opção vlan nao funciona .. o que pode ser? alguma configuração minha? agradeço a compreencao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlan-no-windows-10/490f53b9-7865-42ab-927a-ef7c082d310b
  10. Windows 10 Pro Ethernet Adapter Does Not Retain DHCP Settings

Windows 10 Pro Ethernet Adapter Does Not Retain DHCP Settings: The laptop computer is attached to a corporate domain. The DNS servers are providing DHCP settings. After logging onto the network, there is NO IPV4 address assigned despite DHCP enabled. Using ipconfig command, the setting is an obscure IP address 169.254.211.68 Subnet...